Austin area FORScan experience

speedracer43

I know FORScan sounds really straight forward. However, I would like to be with someone with experience to get me started. So, I ask is there anyone in the Austin, TX area that would be willing to show a 62 year old how not to mess up their new Mustang EcoBoost HPP with making some changes with FORScan? Thanks,

Mark out Elgin way

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Not in the Texas area but PM me and i can walk you through anything you need. Just edited my Fiesta ST to remove the TPMS and the shift indication light.

PS, if you havent done it yet, find the updated drivers for your ELM 327 dongle as i had some trouble connecting mine the first go round. Once i got the drivers updated it will connect automatically and set the baud rate to make the read/write faster.

Also, back up every log file BEFORE you change settings/write to the car. This way if you dont like something you can copy and paste the original file log back into the car and start over from the OE configuration.

speedracer43

Hi kevinatfm, Thank you so much for offering to help me. I think I sent you a PM, but not sure I know how on this site. I finally got an OBDLink EX and FORScan. What I have read on the web is changing one digit to a 0 from a 1 on the line ACM 727-01-01 xx0x xxxx xxxx

I have also read you need to change that 3 digit to whatever is there minus 2, hex. So I am confused. What is
showing for me is 727-01-01 1850 3A02 4519. So I have no idea what to change it to. I just want the fake engine noise and audio buzz to stop! Thanks again if you come back. Mark

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Hi kevinatfm, Thank you so much for offering to help me. I think I sent you a PM, but not sure I know how on this site. I finally got an OBDLink EX and FORScan. What I have read on the web is changing one digit to a 0 from a 1 on the line ACM 727-01-01 xx0x xxxx xxxx

I have also read you need to change that 3 digit to whatever is there minus 2, hex. So I am confused. What is
showing for me is 727-01-01 1850 3A02 4519. So I have no idea what to change it to. I just want the fake engine noise and audio buzz to stop! Thanks again if you come back. Mark

Ive done some forscan changes on my truck, can you post the link(s) to what you're referencing? im sure one of us could guide you, Im just too lazy to try and dig it up

speedracer43

Hi, Thanks. I have read so many posts across the web that I can't even find what I read now to post the links. Now I am having a hard time finding it. All I was going by is what other people wrote. So, I don't even know if it works. I have tried to find spreadsheets for my car, 2020 ecoboost app, but haven't found any. I'll keep trying. Thanks again I really appreciate the offer. Mark

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Hi, Thanks. I have read so many posts across the web that I can't even find what I read now to post the links. Now I am having a hard time finding it. All I was going by is what other people wrote. So, I don't even know if it works. I have tried to find spreadsheets for my car, 2020 ecoboost app, but haven't found any. I'll keep trying. Thanks again I really appreciate the offer. Mark

If I have time tomorrow I’ll see if I can find an excel file for it real quick

Users who are viewing this thread