Audiophiles might really like this new Mustang

Jroc

Established Member
It appears that it can be optioned with a 3-Way component system up front. Sadly it don't look like it have the 8" woofers in the doors any more, but it still should sound good even using factory pieces I image. I'm no expert on the S197's audio system but don't they use 8" midbass woofers in the door with a 1" tweeter in the A-Pillar? I'm have no clue how Ford spec'd the rear speakers in the 05+ Mustangs.

2v2fc5s.jpg

Thoughts? The woofer and midbrass drivers look pretty small to me, but I'm no expert. 8" woofers with some 3" midrange speakers, and 1" tweeters would be pretty awesome.

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
i dont know , but I'm really not digging the passenger side of the dash.

You know what I think I figured out why the dash is that way.

Put your fingers up to the screen and try and cover up the gauges and steering wheel. If you do you'll notice that the basic shape of the top of the dash is the same on the driver and passenger side. It likely makes it easier/simpler to do a right hand conversion as the door panals and everything would line right up regardless if you have a right or left side setup. This would keep Ford from having to use different door panels, A-Pillars, etc for the 2 different driver locations.

Just a theory, but it sounds pretty solid to me. :shrug:

JohnZ

Established Member

Put your fingers up to the screen and try and cover up the gauges and steering wheel. If you do you'll notice that the basic shape of the top of the dash is the same on the driver and passenger side. It likely makes it easier/simpler to do a right hand conversion as the door panals and everything would line right up regardless if you have a right or left side setup. This would keep Ford from having to use different door panels, A-Pillars, etc for the 2 different driver locations.

I would suggest that it has more to do with retro styling with equal dash 'pods' for both driver and passenger as per the original Mustang.

Colleton

Established Member
As for the stereo, if it's like other cars with MFT, it'll have a Sony premium audio package available. Maybe that's what we're seeing? Wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit. the audio system in my wife's Focus ST is much nicer than the one in my GT500.

4VFTW

Established Member

you might be onto something there Jroc.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
The fact that they added high mount tweeters onto the A-pillars will vastly improve the clarity and imaging in the all important highs in the front stage. That is what the current car has been missing.

Jroc

Established Member
The fact that they added high mount tweeters onto the A-pillars will vastly improve the clarity and imaging in the all important highs in the front stage. That is what the current car has been missing.

Yes.

bumplime

Established Member
From those pics it appears to still use the 8" speakers, at least from what I can see.
That flat dash would make an awesome platform for a modded a pillar setup. I wouldn't keep anything in the upper speaker area of the door.

Husker

Established Member

Thread Title: Audiophiles might really like this new Mustang.

IMO, Yes, they (Audiophiles) might like the new Mustang, but not the sound System.

The problem with tweeters mounted in the A-Pillars, they are hard to calibrate/blend Properly with the rest of the system, They do help with positioning the front stage.

Most cars with Just Tweeters in the A-pillars, sound like a Mad Dentist Drilling into your ears.

Now, the overwhelming majority of people are not Audiophiles, they will be very happy with the sound system. As a rule, Audiophiles are never happy/satisfied-->

Users who are viewing this thread