Audio/Video

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Recently Target made an error on the price of a Samsung 51" hdtv so I snatched it up. The only con is how it has 2 HDMI ports. I have three pieces (Wii U, 360 and Satellite Box) that need to use these two ports. Is there any way to put 3 HDMI cables into 2 ports? Is there an adapter of sorts or some other way? Now as it stands I just plug and unplug the Wii U or 360 from the 1 port when I decided to use either of them.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
Got a DVI in on it?

DVI-D Single Link Male to HDMI® Female adapter - Monoprice.com

20291.jpg

You'll have to run the audio on one of them analog.

or

5X1 Mini HDMI® Switch w/ Remote - Monoprice.com

82031.jpg

Last edited:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
A cheaper way would be to use a component cable. If you open up an hdmi cable you'll see that it's a packaging of component and digital audio. It's a cable saver more than a quality booster. The component cable on the wii along with a standard audio RCA cable and I doubt you'd notice any visual or audio difference.

But you might notice the extra cable.

Just another option at your disposal.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
The Wii U component cable isn't a bad idea but I like the box up above where you plug all your HDMI cables into it and in turn plug the output into one port.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
I have one in my setup for the kids. My TV has extra inputs that could be used, but I centralize everything.

At some point the aforementioned AV receiver could drop right in, replacing the switcher.

I've got wii, FIOS, FTA box, with room for 2 more devices.

Users who are viewing this thread