Audi S5 Coupe Thoughts?

kaz109

Established Member
Mercedes E53 amg coupe. Similarly priced
31420e7ec6ff6a88629ab1acecfe6acf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
I had a sedan and thought it was a great daily but the maintenance will be slightly cheaper and the dealership experience will be better with the Audi

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
I had a sedan and thought it was a great daily but the maintenance will be slightly cheaper and the dealership experience will be better with the Audi
Possibly. I think with any of the mb dealers its hit and miss. My local dealer will bend over backwards for customers....including the service department. I would recommend shopping cpo on das german cars. The available warranty on them is typically much better than new

kaz109

Established Member
Possibly. I think with any of the mb dealers its hit and miss. My local dealer will bend over backwards for customers....including the service department. I would recommend shopping cpo on das german cars. The available warranty on them is typically much better than new

You could be right, but from my experience my E53 was more expensive to maintain than my wife’s S7…. I figured it was because one has an AMG badge and they other doesn’t not have an RS badge .

Also, as far as dealerships, Audi has always brought me a loaner vehicle and taking my car in for service, and that was across three different dealerships, the Mercedes dealership I was lucky to even get a loaner let alone have them come and pick up my vehicle

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
You could be right, but from my experience my E53 was more expensive to maintain than my wife’s S7…. I figured it was because one has an AMG badge and they other doesn’t not have an RS badge .

Also, as far as dealerships, Audi has always brought me a loaner vehicle and taking my car in for service, and that was across three different dealerships, the Mercedes dealership I was lucky to even get a loaner let alone have them come and pick up my vehicle
I believe my dealership will do pick up in the city within a certain radius. I live 45 minutes away from mine so i just take it in and always get them to upgrade me to a GLE suv. Aint scootin around in a taxi cab C class. Lol

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Went to look at cars today...fail. Audi did not have a Coupe and said no one buys Coupes anymore...wut? Went to Lexus and they did not have a Coupe either...but the four door looked great so think she would like that in a 2 door. BMW had Coupes for days....but liked the Lexus better.

kaz109

Established Member
The coupes are a dying breed…. Most companies are catering to who buy the majority of cars and it’s not car ppl so sedans and crossovers/SUVs are more practical. Not to mention most car ppl ( like most ppl on SVTP) won’t pay what new cars are going for so it almost pointless to make .

Seriously question, how many ppl in this thread would by a 60k+ 335hp car vs buying a mustang ( insert whatever trim level you want) V8? Not many if any at all…. I know I wouldn’t. Same goes with why they very rarely make manual transmissions anymore ( well that and numbers sell cars so if an auto is faster it will always sell more to the masses )

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
For any of these luxury cars you'll pay top dollar at the dealer for any service. Find a local independent shop the specializes and talk to them about a used purchase.

My experience is Audi's are expensive to service, BMW and Lexus aren't that bad. The Lexus is the comfort highway cruiser of the bunch, regardless of what you buy and depreciates the least. The others have tight/sport suspensions and depreciate fast.

I'd think about a CT4 or CT5 V or Blackwing.

FCPEuro will be your friend for out-of-warranty parts.

Users who are viewing this thread