Audi Napa leather treated or untreated?

5.0Black

Established Member
Hello,

I know this is a Mustang forum, but I wanted to ask a question regarding one of my other cars to see if any of you happen to know the answer. Does anyone know if Audi's Napa leather surfaces come treated or untreated? I have tried searching this and have found conflicting answers. The main reason why I ask is I bought a new leather cleaning product to test on a couple of my other cars and it is to be used on treated leather only.

Thank you for the help!

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
If it's Napa leather, than it is untreated/coated natural leather.

Tread carefully with what product you use as you could stain/darken it in certain areas.

Test an inconspicuous spot for color-fastness. This is recommended with any leather product

I like Leatherique (messy to use, but excellent product) and also Pinnacle leather conditioner. Leather master is also widely used on fine leathers.

Hope this helps!

5.0Black

Established Member
If it's Napa leather, than it is untreated/coated natural leather.

Tread carefully with what product you use as you could stain/darken it in certain areas.

Test an inconspicuous spot for color-fastness. This is recommended with any leather product

I like Leatherique (messy to use, but excellent product) and also Pinnacle leather conditioner. Leather master is also widely used on fine leathers.

Hope this helps!

Thank you Scott, as always I appreciate the feedback! I will be sure to avoid this product on my Audi lol. Right now I am comparing Ammo NYC against Wolfgangs leather cleaner and conditioner pairing. I am pleased so far, but I am looking for an occasional one step process when time is in shorter supply. Looking at pinnacles site I am tempted to pick up their leather cleaner and conditioner one stepper.

Last edited:

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
^^^^I use that and it is good stuff. McKee's37 also has a leather 70/30 cleaner/conditioner that is good.

Just remember the highlighted/bolded/underlined advice!

Keep us posted

5.0Black

Established Member
Thanks Scott! I just placed an order for the Pinnacle Leather Cleaner & Conditioner product. Excited to try it out to hopefully save some time on a two step process every now and again. I will post my experience on it!

Users who are viewing this thread