Audi A7 vs 392 Challenger

ArabianOak

Established Member
Ran into a lightly modded 392 challenger today in my Audi A7.

Needless to say I think the 392 driver is still wondering what the hell happened. Lol.

Raced him twice.

First time from a dig. I immediately pulled about 4-5 lengths and steadily pulled away up to 110ish.

Second time from a 40 roll. Pulled about 5 lengths up to 115ish.

Very happy with this car so far! I’m heavily leaning toward a slightly used rs7 next year! Ha.

Anybody know what the 392 challengers run lightly modded? I’m assuming low 12s?

Here is a recent video of my car doing a 0-60 run.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I ran a stock auto '16/17 Scat Pack Challenger and killed him from a dig and I know if we went from a roll, it would be lights out for me since he traps higher. DA was +3250 on this run

ArabianOak

Established Member
Nice run. This is for the 18 A7. Guess there must be differing trim levels for the A model. Is yours the S?
A7
Horsepower: 340 hp
Curb weight: 4,244 lbs
Albeit AWD

Yes, mine is an A7 with stage 2 APR (upper and lower pulleys). I'm making 500hp. If I would have bought an S7 the stage 2 is 650hp and the RS7 with stage 2 is 750hp! lol. Crazy world we live in!

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
Good amount of 392’s running high 11’s with just tune and tires. Some tires only. It’s hard to hook up on stock tires with all the torque. I can’t imagine trying to hookup with a Hellcat.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
The dodge. 14 and older I believe are 5spds, 15+ 8spds. low 12 vs high 12 stock.

Ehhh idk about that much of a gap. Realistically.

A5 - mid to low 12’s
A8 - low 12’s to high 11’s

Obviously not an average but given good conditions and a competent driver thats what one should expect.

ArabianOak

Established Member
So, a $70,000+ car is faster than a $40,000 car? I would have never guessed that. Lol.

I hear that the Lambo Aventador can also outrun a Dodge Challenger 392.

I paid mid 40s for my lightly used A7. The point is my car is a luxury sedan. The 392 is a 1/4 mile muscle car.

But if we are to base it off money then the 392 really loses considering the options my Audi has for about the same money as the 392.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
I paid mid 40s for my lightly used A7. The point is my car is a luxury sedan. The 392 is a 1/4 mile muscle car.

But if we are to base it off money then the 392 really loses considering the options my Audi has for about the same money as the 392.

That isn’t logical comparing used vs new. One could probably find a used scat pack for high 20’s.

Also the challenger is every bit a sedan as your car. Dont let the two doors fool you. Its the exact same car as chargers, 300’s, and magnums. Just two less doors. They’re all probably within 100lbs of each other.

Not knocking your ride one bit. Its a hell of a bargain to get that kinda luxury and performance.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Nice run Arabian Oak! I agree, he was probably scratching his head thinking he had an easy win in the bag.

FWIW - Both the A7 and Challenger 392 are about 4,300LBS, give or take. You make way more HP and have AWD vs. his RWD.

I love AWD, it is definitely fun, haha.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member

Sorry, there is still the audi reliability to worry about. And your car is modded vs a stock challenger

FWIW - Both the A7 and Challenger 392 are about 4,300LBS, give or take. You make way more HP and have AWD vs. his RWD.
I dont know what a stage 2 A7 is putting to out, but the 392 dodge is 485hp. I bet the challenger guy didnt know wtf he was doing in the roll race.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Not sure what you mean about the reliability. All the Audi's owned have been reliable and when you do happen to go in for service/warranty work you get treated like royalty. Hell, I could live in the snack lounge they provide for the customers at my local dealer. Lol.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Not sure what you mean about the reliability. All the Audi's owned have been reliable and when you do happen to go in for service/warranty work you get treated like royalty. Hell, I could live in the snack lounge they provide for the customers at my local dealer. Lol.
Lexus has the same thing, they arent known for performance but you get treated right when getting work done. I'm pretty sure all the luxury brands do that.

Users who are viewing this thread