Attorney General Eric Holder says Gitmo detainees may be released in the US

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Unfreaking beleivable....and guess who is going to have to pay to give them a start in the US....:nonono:

"WASHINGTON -- Attorney General Eric Holder said some detainees being held at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, may end up being released in the U.S. as the Obama administration works with foreign allies to resettle some of the prisoners.

Eric Holder
Mr. Holder, in a briefing with reporters, said administration officials are still reviewing individual cases of the approximately 250 detainees to determine which will be put on trial and which may be released to comply with plans to close the detention facility by next year."

Guantanamo Detainees May Be Released in U.S. - WSJ.com

ByeOfficer

Fast cop in FL
Established Member
Obama is signing his own death warrant. Can't believe the crap he is pulling. Now he wants gov't control over big businesses? And the guy leading the charge couldn't even figure out Turbo Tax. America, we are in BIG trouble.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
This is a dangerous administration we are under.

It gets better. I heard on the news today they are calling on a reinstated weapons ban to help Mexico's fight it's drug war. One search and I found this from a month ago:

Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban - ABC News

The Obama administration will seek to reinstate the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004 during the Bush administration, Attorney General Eric Holder said today.

Wednesday Attorney General Eric Holder said that the Obama administration will seek to reinstitute the assault weapons ban which expired in 2004 during the Bush administration.
(AP Photos/ABC News Graphic )"As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons," Holder told reporters.

"I think that will have a positive impact in Mexico, at a minimum." Holder said at

Most of my friends voted for him. Some of the ones that actually follow politics aren't too happy with him all ready. I don't understand how they didn't see this coming? A little sooner than I expected. But hey....trying to pass this through on his first term will definatly hurt him in his attempt to get re-elected. A lot of Dems do not support this.

Last edited:

Robert Francis

Established Member
Putting a ban on the sale of any kind of weapons in this country will make no difference to the Mexican Drug lords. These people aren't stupid - they know who manufactures automatic weapons worldwide and they'll just purchase them from other countries in the world such as: Bulgaria, Poland, Rumania, Slovakia, Somalia, etc.

SuperG

Established Member
Putting a ban on the sale of any kind of weapons in this country will make no difference to the Mexican Drug lords. These people aren't stupid - they know who manufactures automatic weapons worldwide and they'll just purchase them from other countries in the world such as: Bulgaria, Poland, Rumania, Slovakia, Somalia, etc.

Besides that, even if guns were somehow eliminated, people would no longer be getting killed on-by-one, rather by the dozens because the weapons would get more violent ie bombs...

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
so wow is obama just trying to piss everyone off today...seems like hes doing alot of crazy shit the last few days

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
It gets better. I heard on the news today they are calling on a reinstated weapons ban to help Mexico's fight it's drug war. One search and I found this from a month ago:

Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban - ABC News

The Obama administration will seek to reinstate the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004 during the Bush administration, Attorney General Eric Holder said today.

Wednesday Attorney General Eric Holder said that the Obama administration will seek to reinstitute the assault weapons ban which expired in 2004 during the Bush administration.
(AP Photos/ABC News Graphic )"As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons," Holder told reporters.

"I think that will have a positive impact in Mexico, at a minimum." Holder said at

Most of my friends voted for him. Some of the ones that actually follow politics aren't too happy with him all ready. I don't understand how they didn't see this coming? A little sooner than I expected. But hey....trying to pass this through on his first term will definatly hurt him in his attempt to get re-elected. A lot of Dems do not support this.

A lot of dems don't support it including Obama and Pelosi. The article you're quoting is old and was something of an off-the-cuff statement made that didn't represent Obama directly.

Not to detract from the gitmo thing - that is a legitimate bunch of shit. But no need to stoke the flames and get the tin-foil hat crowd any more paranoid on the gun issue.

slider701

Established Member
They should turn them loose at Ground Zero on 9/11/2009.........just give a heads up to the fire fighters, police officers, and all the widows out there who lost loved ones. I'm sure they will take good care of them.

Or better yet, turn them loose at a NASCAR race and offer a free truck load of beer and a ride-along with Dale Jr. for anyone who can beat the shit out of them. That will solve the problem.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
A lot of dems don't support it including Obama and Pelosi. The article you're quoting is old and was something of an off-the-cuff statement made that didn't represent Obama directly.

Not to detract from the gitmo thing - that is a legitimate bunch of shit. But no need to stoke the flames and get the tin-foil hat crowd any more paranoid on the gun issue.

Astro....I just saw mention of them trying to push a ban through on the news today. I honestly had not heard about his comments till today.
Whats scary is I did a search and came up with a ton of articles on it. I just posted a link to the first one. As the attorney general it sure sounds like he is speaking for Obama when he makes public statements like:

"As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons," Holder told reporters
Holder declined to offer any time frame for the reimplementation of the assault weapons ban, however. "It's something, as I said, that the president talked about during the campaign," he said

Now like I stated in my earlier post their are a lot of Dems that will oppose this. Here is a follow up article from this week if you need one a little more current.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=7156261
Here is another one from this month stating a larger support for gun rights amongst dems:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=6998816

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

Not a reliable source by any means but I heard a caller on the Michael Savage show and he said he had bought automatic weapons on the black market that were coming up from Mexico and originally from the places you listed. This is always what I thought was happening since it is not easy to get automatic weapons here and we're supposed to think they were able to buy enough of them to equip their small army? It really doesn't add up to me and makes much more sense if they were getting them from Venezuela/Russia/China whatever.

If someone has a better understanding of this I'd love to hear it. I think they want to use this as a reason to get public backing to giving up some of the weapons again.

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
I wanna know where all the Obama nut swingers are now they surely cant be thinking that this is all a good idea I mean look at all the BS has come up. Oh wait I forgot most of them only voted for a change it didnt matter if it was good or not F@!# assclowns

Users who are viewing this thread