Attn: Fastfwd

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
I'm still here Dave, I just discovered that I hate typing. Actually I've been busy moving this summer and didn't have the computer hooked up for a while. Also I hurt my back before Memorial Day and I'm just getting back to normal so I haven't spent much time sitting in front of the computer. But I have good news.....................................I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by moving to Holden! :banana: :pepper:

Hey Ernie what are you up to? Looked for you a couple of times over at Heberts.

I thought Dave hated me? :poke:

Z-COBRA

Bling & Zing
Established Member
Mike & John
Yes I'm still alive just not very active here lately.John, I know where your house is as I saw the Cobra a couple of weeks ago while in the area. Mike, how's the House building plans? and what else is new??

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
When is John going to put on his smaller new pulley?

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
Hey, Ken.
PDC_0333.jpg
:pepper: :pop: :banana: :beer:

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
:nono:

Hi Bob!
I have seen people at the self-serve auto washes with their hoods up cleaning under the hood. As a matter of fact, mine could use a cleaning. I would love a clean engine. Can I just take a spray hose and go crazy? Or, are there areas under the hood that I need to be careful to not get wet? Your help would be greatly appreciated!
Celeste

Celeste,
You should not spray any electrical component or sensor. The water might damage it. Second, most of that "gunk" under there is oil and grease and just plain water will not clean it. Third, most of the oil and grease might be keeping everything together. Often, I have heard of major troubles starting after a cleaning such as this. Tread carefully! If this is something that you really want to do, go to a auto parts store and get a can of engine de-greaser. This is going to be a messy job, so don't do it on your drive way. Instead, do it out in the street or something. Follow the directions on the can, some need to be hot and others not. Spray it on, wait the specified amount of time, and hose it off. You might need to make several applications to get it "sparkling."
Good Luck!
Drive Safely!
Bob, The Auto Answer Man

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have a question for Bob send it to: [email protected] . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.

Do you have a time or money saving idea that wasn't included in this article? Please send it to [email protected]. If we use your tip in any of our publications we'll send you the next three issues of our print newsletter as a 'thank you'
:p :lol: ;-) :burnout:

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
FastFwd said:
:nono:

Hi Bob!
I have seen people at the self-serve auto washes with their hoods up cleaning under the hood. As a matter of fact, mine could use a cleaning. I would love a clean engine. Can I just take a spray hose and go crazy? Or, are there areas under the hood that I need to be careful to not get wet? Your help would be greatly appreciated!
Celeste

Celeste,
You should not spray any electrical component or sensor. The water might damage it. Second, most of that "gunk" under there is oil and grease and just plain water will not clean it. Third, most of the oil and grease might be keeping everything together. Often, I have heard of major troubles starting after a cleaning such as this. Tread carefully! If this is something that you really want to do, go to a auto parts store and get a can of engine de-greaser. This is going to be a messy job, so don't do it on your drive way. Instead, do it out in the street or something. Follow the directions on the can, some need to be hot and others not. Spray it on, wait the specified amount of time, and hose it off. You might need to make several applications to get it "sparkling."
Good Luck!
Drive Safely!
Bob, The Auto Answer Man

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have a question for Bob send it to: [email protected] . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.

Do you have a time or money saving idea that wasn't included in this article? Please send it to [email protected]. If we use your tip in any of our publications we'll send you the next three issues of our print newsletter as a 'thank you'
:p :lol: ;-) :burnout:

*cough*lazybastard*cough*

Dave

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
FastFwd said:
Hey, Ken.
PDC_0333.jpg
:pepper: :pop: :banana: :beer:

John, with that 2.76 pulley and some drag radials you should be able to
get at least a 11.99 ET . :banana: :banana: :banana: