attn fast03cobra re: dynomax

gud2goe

Established Member
hey fast03 where did you get your dyno max system? i contacted them and they said they didnt have it yet. did you use an 01 system? where did you get it? this is what i want to put on my ride.....

does anyone have any info they could lend to this?

thanks

peace

sqidd

Established Member
Pauls High Performance sells a 3" cat back with Dynomax mufflers.
I just put one on my car and it is totaly mellow. I like it a lot.

sqidd:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bender460

Established Member
Pauls High Performance sells a 3" cat back with Dynomax mufflers.
I just put one on my car and it is totaly mellow. I like it a lot.
It does sound real mellow till you remove the cats! In all a good system. I got mine from Summit and it's listed for an 01. Perfect fit. :beer:

gud2goe

Established Member
thanks for the replies guys. thats what i've been looking for.

blender is yours 3in too or a 2.5in system?

thanks guys

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
I bought mine from Springfield Motorsports. They installed the thing. ITs the 3" CB system. Sound is VERY nice. Louder than stock but not obnoxious.

bender460

Established Member
It is in the cataloge in the exhaust section NOT the mustang section. It it 3" with stainless angle cut tips. The reason I chose this system is when I do the BIG mods in the future I won't need to replace the catback to get the most performance. By the way if I remember right the system was like $380 to my door.

gud2goe

Established Member
thanks for all the good replies guys,,,i have just one more question....did it fit correctly without cutting any pipes? is a direct bolt up?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i read in a couple of posts in this forum that you have to cut 2 inches off one pipe, and that the directions state that also. could you guys please elaborate a little on that. after all i want to do the install myself.....

thanks

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Originally posted by gud2goe
thanks for all the good replies guys,,,i have just one more question....did it fit correctly without cutting any pipes? is a direct bolt up?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i read in a couple of posts in this forum that you have to cut 2 inches off one pipe, and that the directions state that also. could you guys please elaborate a little on that. after all i want to do the install myself.....

thanks

That is exactly what I did, I think mine was about 1 and 3/4 inch however but you can always take off more if you need to. Pretty much easy install and all bolt on. Enjoy!

:beer:

bender460

Established Member
You need to cut one pipe. Follow the directions pretty easy did mine in an hour by my self with no lift. Do you plan on running no cats some day?

gud2goe

Established Member
hey guys thanks i was just trying to make sure what had to be done....... my plans st this time is long tube headers and a shorty non-cat h pipe. we dont have emiisns yet. but when it comes i'll go with high flow cats.... that should move some torque to the low end. i checked around here for this dynmax system...they are high 1000.00 to install 750.00 to buy. i told them lick nutz i'll buy from summit.lol....

please feel free to give any advice,,,,i'm open minded

peace

bender460

Established Member
The dynomax kit is very loud without cats but I like it. Sounds like a 1500hp blown injected alchoal motor just not as loud of course.good luck:thumbsup: $750:eek:

2kbill

Established Member
They have them on JEGS.com, also - I just ordered one earlier today. Summit's website showed them out of stock. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread