Attention MT-82 victoms!!!

SVT_4_me

Established Member
Why are u angry. Everyone can have their opinion. But honestly u went to a jeep. U didn't move up in quality, u went down with a jeep. Shame you gave up on the Mustang. 80 degrees today and out driving. Smooth as glass. I love this Gt.

i am much happier with the jeep that actually performs as it should. but thanks for you opinion on the matter... all of us here really value your input. :rollseyes

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
I'm so glad you posted this because I've asked this before. Are Mustang owners just used to their cars having issues?

cheap performance cars. Focus's are going for over $25,000. Mustangs are still a cheap performance car. I wouldnt want my mustang to be a girls car. They a rwd performance car, not an audi with 4 doors. soild axle, stick shift and hp. Maybe u just shouldnt be a mustang owner?

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
i am much happier with the jeep that actually performs as it should. but thanks for you opinion on the matter... all of us here really value your input. :rollseyes

i like when the ball joints fall out or the plastic dash cracks apart. I hope u have good look. From my experence they are cheaply made junk, like the rest of mopar. Hope u have better luck.

jj6077

Established Member
Like I said, shifting-wise I can get through all the gears. I am just tired of people glorifying the transmission and saying it shifts like "butter". I know what mustangs shifts like and in no way or form did I say I was expecting it to shift mega smooth.

Coming from Euro and japanese cars, I decided to go into the american market to get away from the almighty I am better than you because I owned many "insert make here" before. I thought it was only in ricer forums, but I guess if it gives you an E-hardon to look down on us 1st time owners so be it. I enjoy my car and I respect the members on the forums who actually provide useful information.

ArabianOak

Established Member
i like when the ball joints fall out or the plastic dash cracks apart. I hope u have good look. From my experence they are cheaply made junk, like the rest of mopar. Hope u have better luck.

not to mention slow as dog piss from a roll. i just test drove one with 72,000 miles and it was ****ing ROUGH! The dash was cracked, all the buttons on the inside were flaked off, the leather seats were worn out, the brembo brakes were dead as hoffa(and the caliper paint was peeling), rear end whine and clunks that made a metal art shop jealous, and the leather on the steering wheel was flaking off. oh, and i forgot to mention the amount of rust on bottom of that jeep...maybe it thought it was a jeep wranger when it came off the assembly line???

drive what you want man but those jeeps are pure ****ing junk. i have a scion xb as a DD that I use for my business and it has twice the amount of miles and looks brand new.

i have a 2012 stang GT and this trans is nothing short of excellent. having owned audi's, infiniti's etc I can tell you it's the best trans I have experienced. i like it more than the T56 that was in my old Z06.

if guys are abusing it and it's blowing up and having issues is that really fords fault? they built the trans to handle the stock hp and if your going over that then it's fair game.

You mean to tell me that these SRT/8 jeeps don't have 10X the issues the new stangs have? Rear ends explode at idle I have read!

AKAJoe

Established Member
cheap performance cars. Focus's are going for over $25,000. Mustangs are still a cheap performance car. I wouldnt want my mustang to be a girls car. They a rwd performance car, not an audi with 4 doors. soild axle, stick shift and hp. Maybe u just shouldnt be a mustang owner?

Relax. Go take a pill. I've been a Mustang lover since my dad’s 1967 Fastback. I know they are the most bang for the buck. I just wonder why they would bring back the legendary 5.0, keep the outdated but reliable live rear axle but put an unproven outsourced manual transmission between the two.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Relax. Go take a pill. I've been a Mustang lover since my dad’s 1967 Fastback. I know they are the most bang for the buck. I just wonder why they would bring back the legendary 5.0,.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

There is nothing "legendary" about the current 5.0 it is a totally different engine from the 5.0 of the past. if you were a real mustang guy you would know this and not even think about the comparison let alone actually say it.

AKAJoe

Established Member

There is nothing "legendary" about the current 5.0 it is a totally different engine from the 5.0 of the past. if you were a real mustang guy you would know this and not even think about the comparison let alone actually say it.

WOW. I thought this was a friendly site after all the trash on AFM. No different here I see. Nice way to dodge the question.

AKAJoe

Established Member

I guess you must find this funny based on the quantity of stupid smiley faces. What exactly is a Mustang guy verses a Mustang lover which I said I was?

cbaty08

Established Member
Seriously, 3 out of 3 transmissions for you are BAD, I call BS........Even if you are the unluckiest guy around, the law of averages HAS to come into play.

I built transmissions at the dealer and dealt with people like you for many years, sometimes you have to fix the owner, not the car.

Good luck, just get rid of it, and get yourself a new Camaro. Then we can read about the crappy Tremec, oh wait, the Camaro guys are already doing this, as well as the GT500 guys......

You and JMatero must dine together and prepare a game plan huh?

Funny... EVERY site I am on tries that one. Mods have even come out stating we are different people to get them to shut up. I am not going to argue about me being me.

Yup 3 out of 3; opened a case with the BBB on Friday. Will update you all when further details are available.

And I'd stop recommending the camaro to people... the car sucks. Ever driven one?

L454S

Established Member
Yes, I have driven one, my daughter has one. Not a bad car, but I thought the Mustang was better.

I never said you were Matero, just very close.

I recommend you get rid of your ride and get whatever you want. Life is too short to spend a couple years fighting with something you don't want. Got a problem? Post it, heck I will read it and take it into consideration, I just think your internet terrorist routine is over the top.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Yes, I have driven one, my daughter has one. Not a bad car, but I thought the Mustang was better.

I recommend you get rid of your ride and get whatever you want. Life is too short to spend a couple years fighting with something you don't want. Got a problem? Post it, heck I will read it and take it into consideration, I just think your internet terrorist routine is over the top.

thats what my issue is. why keep posting the same stuff over and over. Everyone understands if u have a problem. But to keep posting the same crap on 10000000 forums takes any credit u had away. Seems more like attention getting action.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
WOW. I thought this was a friendly site after all the trash on AFM. No different here I see. Nice way to dodge the question.

I guess you must find this funny based on the quantity of stupid smiley faces. What exactly is a Mustang guy verses a Mustang lover which I said I was?

really? you are so new to the internet you had to make TWO posts to respond to mine instead of just using the edit button?

and what question did I dodge since you posed no question in what I responded to.

Last edited:

cbaty08

Established Member

Sorry that you feel I have been an 'internet terrorist'... I don't feel I have posted the same thing twice, or any lies at all. Not sure what the beef with me is out of all honesty.

I was just like you guys about my mustang; it was the best! But now I have filed for lemon law and really am just trying to enlighten people about A) How bad this drive-train really can be and B) Ford's shameful warranty tactics here.

I would be very surprised if nothing comes of this whole debacle.

And Shadow, I am on 3 boards; sorry if I am trying to get a well-rounded opinion, rather than stick to just one site.

That is all.

Last edited:

wbt

Banned
Sorry that you feel I have been an 'internet terrorist'... I don't feel I have posted the same thing twice, or any lies at all. Not sure what the beef with me is out of all honesty.

I was just like you guys about my mustang; it was the best! But now I have filed for lemon law and really am just trying to enlighten people about A) How bad this drive-train really can be and B) Ford's shameful warranty tactics here.

I would be very surprised if nothing comes of this whole debacle.

And Shadow, I am on 3 boards; sorry if I am trying to get a well-rounded opinion, rather than stick to just one site.

That is all.

The bottom line is that you are one of thousands who have had the experience you describe. It comes off as a bunch of bitching/whining and we have heard it enough from jmatero.

Fact is there are thousands of owners with manual trans 2011+ Mustangs who haven't had a single issue and the community has grown very tired of the sensationalism put upon it.

I can guarantee you that TR-6060's have had as many if not more problems with shifting/breaking vs. the MT-82. You have owners of those cars who complain as well. Some get it fixed and some don't regardless of if it is a Dodge, Chevy or Ford.

Finish the Lemon Law process and move on. The community is not interested in hearing about it further.

cbaty08

Established Member
The bottom line is that you are one of thousands who have had the experience you describe. It comes off as a bunch of bitching/whining and we have heard it enough from jmatero.

Fact is there are thousands of owners with manual trans 2011+ Mustangs who haven't had a single issue and the community has grown very tired of the sensationalism put upon it.

I can guarantee you that TR-6060's have had as many if not more problems with shifting/breaking vs. the MT-82. You have owners of those cars who complain as well. Some get it fixed and some don't regardless of if it is a Dodge, Chevy or Ford.

Finish the Lemon Law process and move on. The community is not interested in hearing about it further.

If that's what ya want, so be it; thought this was a MT-82 thread here...

But it doesn't surprise me, you folks that have good working drive-lines just telling us others with issues to be quiet.

Hell I don't need your help here, was simply trying to ENLIGHTEN you all on the issue that you all seem to think isn't anything to bat an eye at.

LL has been filed. I'll grant you your wish, as you can't seem to stomach my posts.

Peace.

RSKtakR

Established Member

Actually SOME of the commuinty (myself and a couple other friends of mine that are F'd in this same boat included) is VERY interested in hearing about it further. Its not whining and bitching when YOUR brand new car starts with this BS, and Ford wont do anything about it except replace it with same garbage only to happen again.

Fact ALSO is that there are thousands of us 2011 mustang owners that DO have many issues.. If the owners that dont have problems (including yourself) dont want to read on the forums making people aware of the poor process Ford is putting us through then they dont need to click on that thread then do they? Glad they dont have to deal with it, and maybe you shouldnt click on this thread either now should you?? READ THE TITLE.

Last edited:

wbt

Banned
Actually SOME of the commuinty (myself and a couple other friends of mine that are F'd in this same boat included) is VERY interested in hearing about it further. Its not whining and bitching when YOUR brand new car starts with this BS, and Ford wont do anything about it except replace it with same garbage only to happen again.

Fact ALSO is that there are thousands of us 2011 mustang owners that DO have many issues.. If the owners that dont have problems (including yourself) dont want to read on the forums making people aware of the poor process Ford is putting us through then they dont need to click on that thread then do they? Glad they dont have to deal with it, and maybe you shouldnt click on this thread either now should you?? READ THE TITLE.

You post in another thread:
You are going to have a whole slew of parts that need to be replaced in your trans.. I KNEW this same POS trans was going to be exactly the same in the BOSS's as what was in the 2011 gt's.. My trans was doing the EXACT same shit your trans is doing and Ford had to replace a bunch of internals. .Im trying to find my post of all the parts that I listed on one of these websites so that you can take the list of parts to your service dept and tell them to shove thier fluid swap up thier ass.. all the fluid swap will do is make your trans whine loudER then it does w/ the thicker stuff.. ask me how I know..

EDIT.. found it.. here is my post

I just picked my car up.. here is a list of everything that was replaced:
-br3z*7m000*b cone ring sunchronizer
-br3z*7107*f ring synchronizer
-br3z*7124*c hub synchronizer
-br3z*7m000*a cone and gear asy 5th speed
-br3z*7107*f ring synchronizer
-br3z*7a010*a plug blanking
-br3z*7048*a seal input shaft
-br3z*7017*a shaft input
-br3z*7102*a gear mainshaft 2nd speed
-br3z*7107*c ring synchronizer
-br3z*7124*a hub synchronizer
-br3z*7107*a ring synchronizer
-br3z*7052*a seal asy oil
-br3z*7107*d ring synchronizer
-br3z*7107*b ring synchronizer
-br3z*7144*a gear 5th speed cluster
-br3z*7c031*c pin
-xt*m5*qs fluid
-adhesive
notes: test drive to confirm grinds going into 5th gear, removed trans and inspect found 2nd gear gear badly worn and5th gear badly worn, replaced 1-2 synchro and 5-6 synchro input shaft teeth worn replaced input shaft test drive confirm shift pattern.

The car shifts good, no grinds or whining right now, still feels a BIT notchy but I dont mind it really.. goes into all gears good as of now.

and here is a link to the main thread everyone was getting on.. look how many views and posts to THIS thread!!

....and some REALLY sound advice here.....
If I were you I would just hurry up and get the 5th gear to the point that they will change the parts. the long that you drive that car w/ that metal filled fluid in that trans the more worn the rest of the parts are going to get that WONT get changed out. Actually you should just print out all the parts I had replaced and take to them and leave them the car, and say "Fix my F'n $42k car!!"

As far as a trans swap.. your better off doing a T56 Magnum swap.. it seems to the cheapest route that will handle good torque/power. As soon as thie trans shoots craps again (after my warranty is done) that is the conversion kit I will be running.

"Go ahead and damage your trans as-much-as possible so Ford can eat it. Never mind any mods you have done that may void your powertrain warranty."

You fall into the same bitch/moan category....:bash:

RSKtakR

Established Member
You post in another thread:

....and some REALLY sound advice here.....

"Go ahead and damage your trans as-much-as possible so Ford can eat it. Never mind any mods you have done that may void your powertrain warranty."

You fall into the same bitch/moan category....:bash:

my car wasnt modded when any of the trans issues came up (and still isnt modded).. the clutch, the pedal, the trans itself all failed with factory parts.

Last time I checked Ford is having everyone drive around on transmissions that have metal shavings in the fluid etc anyways, and they are going to stick it to everyone that has this trans when 60k miles comes around and you know it as well as since you have stated that they have moved on to the new Mustang and drivetrain and arent worried about this one right? So how exactly am I wrong for driving my MUSTANG GT (not ford focus) like its meant to be driven, and taking it back to have the junk parts replaced over and over until they get it right exactly?? Im not sure what your point was for posting a couple of my post's here really. Funny how many people are having the same parts fail/need replaced on them as I did in that list up there.. and there cars (2011-2012) are just as stock as mine was/has been. Mods to my car (springs, lca's, soon to have a UCA) have NOTHING to do with the trans mission parts failing.

Users who are viewing this thread