Attention MT-82 victoms!!!

mustang_guy

Established Member
I'm about order a new 2012 5L manual. Can anyone tell me if this transmission issue has been fixed yet?

cbaty08

Established Member
UPDATE:

Service manager knows my lockouts and other erroneous behavior on my current (3rd) transmission.... road tested it with him Tuesday, FSE road tested it Wednesday with the Service manager (I had to work) for 20 miles and stated the transmission was performing as intended; no further repairs needed.

My Service manager wasn't able to tell me enough how sorry he was.... or why the hell Ford is doing this. He wants to order parts and replace them, but can't without Ford's OK... and I knew that and assured him that I know his hands are tied at this point and thanked him for all his help thus far; he has been great.

Ford, you can suck it big time. This was the second Mustang my family and I purchased this year. I would find it hard to ever come back.

For now, it's time to file and all that jazz.

And look for a non-Ford vehicle to move to...

If I can tell all of you anything from this adventure, it would be to never share your true (online) identity with Ford. I have been told to stay off boards for better treatment by the FSE, and did for a while.. until I saw that nothing was being fixed even with new tranny replacements. Now that I am raising my voice online, Ford HAS SHUT IT'S DOORS ON ME JUST LIKE OTHERS.

I asked for a buyback, I asked for a replacement... or simply just a fixed car.... but I am now getting nothing, and there isn't a single thing any Ford dealership can do.

I feel bad for the dealerships also in this debacle; sure, Ford will lose business in the long run, but in the immediate time the dealerships are going to suffer low sales..... Ford Motor Co. would take longer to wither away.

I'm not saying Ford is going away at all, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are impacted in a major way if they continue to use the protocols for covering up problems used today in place.

THIS IS WRONG AND I PRAY SOMETHING IS DONE ABOUT THIS SO OTHERS DON'T HAVE TO WASTE SO MUCH TIME ON FORDS PLAYGROUND; LET ALONE HAVE LOSS OF LOVED ONES.

L454S

Established Member
Seriously, 3 out of 3 transmissions for you are BAD, I call BS........Even if you are the unluckiest guy around, the law of averages HAS to come into play.

I built transmissions at the dealer and dealt with people like you for many years, sometimes you have to fix the owner, not the car.

Good luck, just get rid of it, and get yourself a new Camaro. Then we can read about the crappy Tremec, oh wait, the Camaro guys are already doing this, as well as the GT500 guys......

You and JMatero must dine together and prepare a game plan huh?

Last edited:

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Seriously, 3 out of 3 transmissions for you are BAD, I call BS........Even if you are the unluckiest guy around, the law of averages HAS to come into play.

I built transmissions at the dealer and dealt with people like you for many years, sometimes you have to fix the owner, not the car.

Good luck, just get rid of it, and get yourself a new Camaro. Then we can read about the crappy Tremec, oh wait, the Camaro guys are already doing this, as well as the GT500 guys......

your are my hero. I have posted the link between these two guys. Both from CA. hmmm.

Anyway, i have been at a dealer for 10 plus years. My dealer has had zero issues with new mustangs. No saying there has not been issues. But this is BS. i agree. Thanks for a great post.

I drove mine last night in colder temps. Trans is so smooth. My 3650 in my old Gt from day one shifted rough. This 11 Gt trans is so smooth.

Scotty_5.0

Established Member
ok i've heard about plenty of dealerships denying warranty work on the motors of cars that have had a tune installed on it but are they also denying coverage of the transmissions b/c of the increase in hp/tq from a tune?

AKAJoe

Established Member
Seriously, who noticed shifting improvements with a new clutch and or flywheel, my stang is acting up again, very inconsistent. And which clutch?

I just want to clarify something. Are you the original poster of this thread claiming that changing the gear oil was the fix to all the transmission issues? Then told everyone to STFU for not listening? Then bragged in several posts that your transmission was fine? And am I to understand that now you are having shifting issues again? Just want to make sure I got the story straight.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
i just want to clarify something. Are you the original poster of this thread claiming that changing the gear oil was the fix to all the transmission issues? Then told everyone to stfu for not listening? Then bragged in several posts that your transmission was fine? And am i to understand that now you are having shifting issues again? Just want to make sure i got the story straight.

+1

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member

I'm on my second transmission...

SVT_4_me

Established Member
your are my hero. I have posted the link between these two guys. Both from CA. hmmm.

Anyway, i have been at a dealer for 10 plus years. My dealer has had zero issues with new mustangs. No saying there has not been issues. But this is BS. i agree. Thanks for a great post.

I drove mine last night in colder temps. Trans is so smooth. My 3650 in my old Gt from day one shifted rough. This 11 Gt trans is so smooth.

just because you have been washing cars and changing oil at a dealership you think you know everything. you are so full of shit... i will bet anything i have that your dealership has had a '11+ mustang in with issues. GTFO with this garbage...

wbt

Banned
just because you have been washing cars and changing oil at a dealership you think you know everything. you are so full of shit... i will bet anything i have that your dealership has had a '11+ mustang in with issues. GTFO with this garbage...

You are one to talk with the amount of horseshit you post here.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
ok i've heard about plenty of dealerships denying warranty work on the motors of cars that have had a tune installed on it but are they also denying coverage of the transmissions b/c of the increase in hp/tq from a tune?

yes and rightly so - go read this thread:

[ame=http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269039]What every car buyer or owner needs to know about getting service work done - Focus Fanatics[/ame]

you don't have to read the entire thing, altho I would recommend it, but there is an entire section on AFTERMARKET MODIFICATIONS pay particular attention to that section.

Last edited:

jj6077

Established Member
You guys and your constant back and forth b**ching are really making this forum unbearable. My tranny doesn't have any problems, but I would not use the term "butter" or "smooth" to describe the feel of the shifts. I would say its more like "crunch" and "jerk"

shadowstang03gt

Established Member

U want their service number? What do I have to gain by not telling the truth. My problem is people not having any clue what they are talking about.

AKAJoe

Established Member
You guys and your constant back and forth b**ching are really making this forum unbearable. My tranny doesn't have any problems, but I would not use the term "butter" or "smooth" to describe the feel of the shifts. I would say its more like "crunch" and "jerk"

"My tranny doesn't have any problems" "I would say its more like "crunch" and "jerk". That is just too damn funny.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
really? i have posted my actual experiences with this car, the mt-82, and ford. just because you don't like it doesn't make it horseshit.

Why are u angry. Everyone can have their opinion. But honestly u went to a jeep. U didn't move up in quality, u went down with a jeep. Shame you gave up on the Mustang. 80 degrees today and out driving. Smooth as glass. I love this Gt.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
"My tranny doesn't have any problems" "I would say its more like "crunch" and "jerk". That is just too damn funny.

I think alot of first time owners bought mustangs. Every Mustang I have owned and driven has shifted rough. So not sure what people are were expecting. Mine is a million times smoother than my last Gt.

AKAJoe

Established Member
I think alot of first time owners bought mustangs. Every Mustang I have owned and driven has shifted rough. So not sure what people are were expecting. Mine is a million times smoother than my last Gt.

I'm so glad you posted this because I've asked this before. Are Mustang owners just used to their cars having issues?

Users who are viewing this thread