Att: people with aftermarket subwoofers in the trunk....

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
Is there a way to keep everything from rattling back there? In the inside it sounds great. Nice clean bump but outside it sounds terrible. I hate being "that guy" with the rattling trunk. Actually, i found its not even the trunk seems to be the tail lights rattling :/.Its also not the license plate/frame. Any of you have this issue or is it something to just live with lol. Like i said, inside sounds perfect. Wouldnt know anything was 'wrong' till you step outside.

Im not crazy into audio. Its just a 12" with a 800watt amp (unless this is considered "crazy"...ive heard far worse lol).... I bought a base GT and 4 shitty speakers wasnt going to cut it....

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
You can turn your amp down so it wont hit so hard. Thats what I did. What size amp and subs?

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
My guess is you have a sh!tload of bass cranked up in the trunk to make it sound great inside.

In my opinion you should look at getting the premium door panels and putting a decent set of 8" subs and a good amp. This will considerably help to bring the bass up front without having to crank up the trunk sub. Then I would probably use an RTA and balance out the various bass sources. But I don't think you'll ever get rid of all the rattles with 800 watts powering a big sub in the trunk. Especially if you're a big bass head.

Mugzy

Connoisseur Extraordinair
Established Member
Remove tail light housing.

Add some sort of closed cell foam to the area between the tail light and the body.

Replace light housing.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Step 1: open trunk
Step 2: remove sub
Step 3: enjoy car and added performance
Step 4: profit

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
Sound deadening like second skin, dynamat will help with most of the rattles.

Ill look into it. With my cobra I never had to bother since all that rattled was the license plate frame. That was an easy fix lol.

Step 1: open trunk
Step 2: remove sub
Step 3: enjoy car and added performance
Step 4: profit

:bored:

Remove tail light housing.

Add some sort of closed cell foam to the area between the tail light and the body.

Replace light housing.

yep! The tailights are the main culprit . Ill give this a shot. Isnt 1000 watts a factory option?? How do those hold up with rattles???

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
I have the factory/crappy shaker pro system in my car. There are no rattles outside the car with the music on blast, but then again it's nothing like what the OP has either.

Users who are viewing this thread