ATP's Stage 1 GT-series bolt-on turbo

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
This is their first stage, factory location-mounted GT25 turbo with their intercooler and DP. Theyre also offering a GT28, GTX28, and a 30R in the future. Im leaning towards the GTX2860!! Im sure even with the GT25 12's are right around the corner, not bad for a 30+mpg DD.

[video=youtube;GxSWgxzy-EQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxSWgxzy-EQ[/video]

Last edited:

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Yeah Im excited as all hell, gonna order their intercooler shortly and just waiting for COBB to officially release their Stage 2 map and thatll hold me over till June when ATP starts pumping out these kits. And here I thought I was gonna leave this car stock.. lol

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
So awsome. I know a couple of those guys from ATP they do some pretty cool stuff. I look forward to what they come out with in the future.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Yeah Im excited as all hell, gonna order their intercooler shortly and just waiting for COBB to officially release their Stage 2 map and thatll hold me over till June when ATP starts pumping out these kits. And here I thought I was gonna leave this car stock.. lol
Yeah we all know how the "leave it stock" game goes...

c. love

Established Member
Man idk I think for the money spent on a turbo upgrade (I can only guess 1500+) I would rather spend money else where. I am one of the few who sees little point in modifying the fiesta beyond an intake and tune. They handle pretty damn good add in some wider tires for track/autox and your in good shape. I also thought the other side of the coin of air ride some wheels and done.

For me the whole FWD layout kills it for me. Torque steer and high HP suck in a FWD. I love my fiesta but as an all out "sports" car I think money is better spent elsewhere. On the air ride thing well Im not 20 anymore so that would be foolish. The fiesta is so good as a reliable daily with 4 doors its hard to mess with it

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
I hardly count a low 13 second fwd daily as an all out sports car..Lol. Keep in mind, for tracking, moving the powerband up a little bit in these cars isn't a terrible idea. Even stock the cars like to spin in 2nd laying on the gas coming out of corners (at low RPM). Also the Gt25/28 will produce more power at less boost, with alot less heat, also a plus. The factory turbo is damn near maxed from the get-go, and a little heat pump! One good 3-4 pull will have the IAT's high enough to where the ECU starts pulling boost and dropping power.

c. love

Established Member
Neither do I thus the quotes around sports car. I would say its hard to argue that by adding a turbo, FMIC, etc etc you are not trying to up the performance for sport. Weather that be drag race, autox or just getting from point A to point B faster so really you could call it a sports car or a pocket rocket or whatever. I prefer fun grocery getter if i had to title it

I am well aware of what a slightly larger turbo will do and well aware how tiny the stock ones are. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see why these things have tons of TQ and why a tune results you in a ton more TQ and not HP. A small fast spooling turbo. I think if you do modify the power band the car wont be nearly as fun. just my .02

What it comes down to is 1500+ on a turbo , 1100 on a new FMIC, 500 on a tune/tuner, 300 on a intake etc etc is just a waste of money to me. They are fun cars but by adding all that shit reliability goes down, warranty out the window, and the money can be spent on IDK a trip to a nice beach or on hookers and blow( if that's how you roll) or better yet paying the car off. Plus you start modifying it wont be a 30 MPG daily anymore shit mine gets 27 in town. Lastly, its nice not HAVING to use 91 octane if you dont want to.

I know this is a forum for guys who like to modify stuff and I question WTF I am doing arguing against adding parts to a decent car. I think the time has come I have realized what a waste of money modifying a street car is. I also think that if I am going to modify the hell out of something it may as well be a RWD car not a FWD car.

To each their own I guess. I will stop typing now lol

Last edited:

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Neither do I thus the quotes around sports car. I would say its hard to argue that by adding a turbo, FMIC, etc etc you are not trying to up the performance for sport. Weather that be drag race, autox or just getting from point A to point B faster so really you could call it a sports car or a pocket rocket or whatever. I prefer fun grocery getter if i had to title it

I am well aware of what a slightly larger turbo will do and well aware how tiny the stock ones are. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see why these things have tons of TQ and why a tune results you in a ton more TQ and not HP. A small fast spooling turbo. I think if you do modify the power band the car wont be nearly as fun. just my .02

What it comes down to is 1500+ on a turbo , 1100 on a new FMIC, 500 on a tune/tuner, 300 on a intake etc etc is just a waste of money to me. They are fun cars but by adding all that shit reliability goes down, warranty out the window, and the money can be spent on IDK a trip to a nice beach or on hookers and blow( if that's how you roll) or better yet paying the car off. Plus you start modifying it wont be a 30 MPG daily anymore shit mine gets 27 in town. Lastly, its nice not HAVING to use 91 octane if you dont want to.

I know this is a forum for guys who like to modify stuff and I question WTF I am doing arguing against adding parts to a decent car. I think the time has come I have realized what a waste of money modifying a street car is. I also think that if I am going to modify the hell out of something it may as well be a RWD car not a FWD car.

To each their own I guess. I will stop typing now lol

I totally agree spending any money on a car is a waste..lol, but here I am, doing it like an A-hole :lol:. I think mpg while out of boost will remain pretty close to stock as long as you dont go E85. Also, what IC are you looking at? Most Ive seen are in the $400-700 range!

v8venomgt

Established Member
ive been eyeballing the FIst hard for a while now. i would happen to side with c.love's approach to this car. intake, tune, done. that is at least under the pretense you have another car to fart around with. personally, i have an 08 bullitt that has a fair amount of work done to it and reliability has gone down. id like a fun DD, that can get out of its own way. with kickass gas mileage. most importantly, i just want to turn the key, drive, and forget about it. you lose that when you start making changes.

i think the FIst is a great car as it sits and doesnt need much for its intended purpose. if you want to use the car outside of its intended purpose then by all means one should do as they please. its cool from an outsiders perspective to see this little pocket rocket clip the 12s so soon after its release to the market. for me personally though, id rather just hop in the bullitt to rip around, and putt around in a high 13 second car with 30 mpg.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
ive been eyeballing the FIst hard for a while now. i would happen to side with c.love's approach to this car. intake, tune, done. that is at least under the pretense you have another car to fart around with. personally, i have an 08 bullitt that has a fair amount of work done to it and reliability has gone down. id like a fun DD, that can get out of its own way. with kickass gas mileage. most importantly, i just want to turn the key, drive, and forget about it. you lose that when you start making changes.

i think the FIst is a great car as it sits and doesnt need much for its intended purpose. if you want to use the car outside of its intended purpose then by all means one should do as they please. its cool from an outsiders perspective to see this little pocket rocket clip the 12s so soon after its release to the market. for me personally though, id rather just hop in the bullitt to rip around, and putt around in a high 13 second car with 30 mpg.

Hey Im not one to argue with y'all, everyone is different and wants different things out of their vehicle, thats what makes the scene interesting. While even stock they are a great car, once you get a little used to the power I found it needed that little extra. So far the Stage 1+ (Cobb AP & Injen intake) is kind of holding me over, Ill be getting ATP's IC soon and going stage 2. Right now this is my only car as the mustang is down for awhile, so having that extra power to play around with is nice!

Does it seem like parts for these are coming alot quicker than the Focus ST's? Hell it seems like just a few months back they started playing with different turbos and theyve been out a good deal longer. Like ya said, pretty cool that these things are knocking off 12 second passes when they we just realeased Oct-Nov!

Last edited:

v8venomgt

Established Member
Hey Im not one to argue with y'all, everyone is different and wants different things out of their vehicle, thats what makes the scene interesting. While even stock they are a great car, once you get a little used to the power I found it needed that little extra. So far the Stage 1+ (Cobb AP & Injen intake) is kind of holding me over, Ill be getting ATP's IC soon and going stage 2. Right now this is my only car as the mustang is down for awhile, so having that extra power to play around with is nice!

Does it seem like parts for these are coming alot quicker than the Focus ST's? Hell it seems like just a few months back they started playing with different turbos and theyve been out a good deal longer. Like ya said, pretty cool that these things are knocking off 12 second passes when they we just realeased Oct-Nov!

i agree we all see things differently. i didnt mean to come across as an argumentative. just to post of left field with something that made sense to me :beer: it definitely seems parts are coming out for these cars quickly. this very well may end up to be a very hardcore niche car.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
i agree we all see things differently. i didnt mean to come across as an argumentative. just to post of left field with something that made sense to me :beer: it definitely seems parts are coming out for these cars quickly. this very well may end up to be a very hardcore niche car.

Its all good brotha :beer:. Honestly, Im hoping they stop production after a year or two, I think it could be a cult classic someday lol, heres to hoping!

v8venomgt

Established Member
im doubtful but FMC has done that before. ie, marauders were only available in 03-04. i cant find a white fiesta with recaros on a lot anywhere within 200 miles of chicago. its crazy. either theyre not selling, or not producing a ton expecting to not sell a lot?

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
im doubtful but FMC has done that before. ie, marauders were only available in 03-04. i cant find a white fiesta with recaros on a lot anywhere within 200 miles of chicago. its crazy. either theyre not selling, or not producing a ton expecting to not sell a lot?

Yeah I had to special order mine white with Recaros and Rado grey wheels/red calipers, there were none within a few states. The dealer I went through was the only one in the area with 2 in stock, but they were Molten orange and that crazy green color, both with base seats, nav, and sunroof, which I didnt want. Looking back I almost wish I had ordered the Recaro's in Molten orange, I think that would have popped pretty nice and been a rare combo, not that the grey doesnt look nice as well though.

Last edited:

v8venomgt

Established Member
ha, thats funny. ive thought of that same color combo. i think id like it for a short bit but would grow tired of it quickly. white on the FIst is the sharpest color for them.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
I agree, if I were 21 again Id of probably went for it, but I like the more subtle look now. Only other color I tossed up goin with was the blue, looks amazing detailed up nice.

Users who are viewing this thread