Ate The Yellow Snow... Raptor Content...

Took the Raptor to Lake Tahoe to play. First time going out in the snow. Got stuck and learned how to get unstuck. Ate some yellow snow. Made it back in one piece. Life is good.

D2DF72D2-8920-4EA4-9272-F116CF385BBC.jpeg
1408ED2A-85BD-40E1-B422-E63BCE00F53E.jpeg
FF5E48D5-8653-48C9-B570-0A1FF4C7B35C.jpeg
BB70A515-9321-44DB-B793-85679CED1057.jpeg
BD6F7431-D78A-4811-87A8-0A992FA11E98.jpeg
83E7BBB9-C0AE-4DBC-8EA4-B144804DCCE3.jpeg
2B5E65D2-06EE-4B53-9F9C-2BD27E4875F9.jpeg
24D32BD0-66B2-4DE1-AF80-E9650606D222.jpeg
218C0731-2F78-4162-AD52-756C813C9083.jpeg
63047748-2BE0-4BDE-9595-530A5307E296.jpeg

First - timing belt tensioner. It was gone nearly a month while this issue was resolved. Happened around 14,000 miles or so.

Second - charging system fault. Cable from the alternator to the fuse box worked itself loose on a trip from Texas to Arkansas. Bad timing.

Third - wrench icon when driving down the highway. Went into limp mode. Replaced throttle body, air speed sensor and turbo boost sensor. Happened around 22,000 miles.

Fourth - APIM went bad. Touchscreen stopped working, blue tooth stopped working, steering wheel radio controls stopped working. Took about 3 days to fix. Happened around 26,000 miles.

Fifth - Check engine light. Crankcase pressure sensor had to be replaced. Happened at 34,500 miles.

This is on my 2018 Raptor

Wow. Mine hasn't had anything that serious. Heated seat currently not working. I've had mine go in limp mode on the highway, app tells me it's a misfire code, bring it to the dealer and they won't do anything unless I get there while the light is still on. Not sure what it was but something in the front end sounded like nuts and bolts being shaken around in a coffee can. And the ****ing sun-roof rattles so ****ing bad it's making me want to get rid of the truck. It drives me insane a $70k truck will do that. I've already had it in once for the dealer to try and fix it, no such luck. I just crossed over 15k miles.

Oh, and it makes this awful grinding noise on a cold start. I've also had it not start at all. Haven't even had time to take it to the dealer to see if that's normal? I don't see how it could be.

Wow. Mine hasn't had anything that serious. Heated seat currently not working. I've had mine go in limp mode on the highway, app tells me it's a misfire code, bring it to the dealer and they won't do anything unless I get there while the light is still on. Not sure what it was but something in the front end sounded like nuts and bolts being shaken around in a coffee can. And the ****ing sun-roof rattles so ****ing bad it's making me want to get rid of the truck. It drives me insane a $70k truck will do that. I've already had it in once for the dealer to try and fix it, no such luck. I just crossed over 15k miles.

Oh, and it makes this awful grinding noise on a cold start. I've also had it not start at all. Haven't even had time to take it to the dealer to see if that's normal? I don't see how it could be.

Damn I will say the front end noise may be and IWE for the 4x4 system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geeeez that doesnt give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. I thought about purchasing one recently. Sounds like a gremlin crawling around in there.

First - timing belt tensioner. It was gone nearly a month while this issue was resolved. Happened around 14,000 miles or so.

Second - charging system fault. Cable from the alternator to the fuse box worked itself loose on a trip from Texas to Arkansas. Bad timing.

Third - wrench icon when driving down the highway. Went into limp mode. Replaced throttle body, air speed sensor and turbo boost sensor. Happened around 22,000 miles.

Fourth - APIM went bad. Touchscreen stopped working, blue tooth stopped working, steering wheel radio controls stopped working. Took about 3 days to fix. Happened around 26,000 miles.

Fifth - Check engine light. Crankcase pressure sensor had to be replaced. Happened at 34,500 miles.

Man,....that sucks guys. Hate to hear this.
Good luck!

Geeeez that doesnt give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. I thought about purchasing one recently. Sounds like a gremlin crawling around in there.
Same here man. I was thinking when I need a new daily driver, I would look at them.
Too bad.

This is interesting. I think ford has a couple of common issues across a couple of vehicle lines. I have a 2017 Explorer for my DD and I have had the APIM fail (I just fixed it myself as it is out of warranty and still cost $450 for a used APIM!). I also had an issue with the cam phasers and timing chains which luckily got fixed just as powertrain warranty was expiring. The timing chain/phaser issue seems pretty common on the 3.5 EB and seems to have been going on a while. In fact, both of my major issues have been common across lines. Not sure why they haven't engineered them out yet.

Beutiful truck OP. My Exploder is same color.

Users who are viewing this thread