"Ate A '01 GT This afternoon, For 100 Feet ... Then Lost My Appetite"

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Guy I work with has a '01 GT (auto), and I'm always checking him to see if he wants to run it. We both drive the same road after work, and end up driving right past the main gate of Randolph AFB. Today, we both ended up at position #1 at the red light, across from the main gate. We were both reving it up, and when the light dropped (he got the jump on me, cause I wasn't sure he wanted to let it out), it was on. Half way across the intersection (cars were all over the place, waiting at the light) I was fishtailing towards his GT, and had to regulate the throttle, until I got to 2nd. He had me by a hair until I hit 2nd, then I jumped on him. Well, at this point we both let off (about 100 - 150 feet), cause I needed to turn. Of course, I'm asking myself, "what the hell are you doing ... going off the line at the busiest intersections in that area, at high traffic time?" It must have been exciting for the other cars sitting at the light - the noise was out of sight. I'm just lucky as hell that the fuzz wasn't sitting around somewhere ... he would have heard us for sure.

I'm about 25 years older that the other guy, so you can't blame it on age. I was going through my mind, wondering what I would have told the judge. LOL

Dan

Last edited:

Snaketamer

CAM-tastic
Established Member
HAHAHA!!! Dano....old enough to know better but, young enough.... :lol: Sometimes the wrong head is doing the thinking. :thumbsup:

SNAKEYE

Established Member
Dano said:
Guy I work with has a '01 GT (auto), and I'm always checking him to see if he wants to run it. We both drive the same road after work, and end up driving right past the main gate of Randolph AFB. Today, we both ended up at position #1 at the red light, across from the main gate. We were both reving it up, and when the light dropped (he got the jump on me, cause I wasn't sure he wanted to let it out), it was on. Half way across the intersection (cars were all over the place, waiting at the light) I was fishtailing towards his GT, and had to regulate the throttle, until I got to 2nd. He had me by a hair until I hit 2nd, then I jumped on him. Well, at this point we both let off (about 100 - 150 feet), cause I needed to turn. Of course, I'm asking myself, "what the hell are you doing ... going off the line at the busiest intersections in that area, at high traffic time?" It must have been exciting for the other cars sitting at the light - the noise was out of sight. I'm just lucky as hell that the fuzz wasn't sitting around somewhere ... he would have heard us for sure.

I'm about 25 years older that the other guy, so you can't blame it on age. I was going through my mind, wondering what I would have told the judge. LOL

Dan

After more than 30-years without as much as a parking ticket, if I ever get to stand before a judge for such an infraction as you describe, I will only smile from ear to ear and take whatever he gives me.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
That's awesome Dan! lol... :rockon:

I was in the exact same situation with a friend and his Lightning last year. He and I got lined up after our 11:00 class with a whole bunch of kids from our college behind us. There must have been 10 or 15 cars, but we both ripped into it anyway. We heard about that one for like two weeks :lol:

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Haha sounds like my dad....I swear the older he gets the younger he gets inside. Sometimes he pulls the nuttiest things when we're cruising. LoL I love it!

epracmetcon

Established Member
Same thing happened to me about a month back. Got stopped at one of the busiest intersections in town on a friday night at about 7 pm, right next to a redfire 05 gt. Even though Ive told myself not to race on the street anymore, just had to see how quick they really were. I raced through the top of 2nd and only lost by about a 1/3-1/2 car. Only mods done to my cobra are spintech prostreet catback and drag radials.

95cobby

Established Member
Thats great Dano! :beer: I goto BGSU and living in a college town isn't any better. On the weekends driving on main street with all the bars and all the college kids out is crazy. Drunk kids trying to get you to spin your tires doing that dumb hand roll thing. :burnout:

There was this one time during the weekend, was prolly 11pm, and i pulled up to a light, and there were some hicks and there big ass chevy trucks in the parking lot right next to me. I had my windows down since it was a nice night and i hear them yelling at me that my car is a Ford and it can't do shit compared to their big ass chevy trucks. There was a cop in the gas station across the street, and i start to do a big ass burnout filling the parking lot with the hicks with smoke. The light turns green and i go straight and the cop pulls into the parking lot where the guys were with their trucks. I didnt stick around to see what happened but it was funny the cop went for them instead of me. :D

Users who are viewing this thread