Atak vs stingers catted pipes

ctozzi

Established Member
I currently have stock manifolds, off road X and stingers cat back. It’s just too much for me and my young son when we cruise. We basically have no communication until I come to a stop. I’m going to get a catted H or X 1st and try that with the stingers, but I’m curious about the Ataks with a catted pipe and the volume levels vs the stingers. I looked on YouTube and there are a few garage start ups and a shaky horrid video and that’s about it. Anyone have these that could share their likes or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
I had Stingers with an X. Took it off for Borlas "touring cat-back". It DEFINITELY quiets it down. I went one step further after a few months and had 2 resonators welded in.

jdant

Established Member
I had Stingers with an X. Took it off for Borlas "touring cat-back". It DEFINITELY quiets it down. I went one step further after a few months and had 2 resonators welded in.
Any feedback on what differences the resonators make in sound? I just bought some to weld in mine with Stingers and O/R Xpipe.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you go with either the catted X or H mid-pipe with the Borla Touring (or Steeda) catback, you likely will be pleased. I used to have a Magnaflow catted X-pipe with the Steeda catback (made by Borla) and it was perfect. No drone. Easy to carry on a conversation around town and on the highway at, say, 60mph. WOT had a nice bark but not obnoxious. You really shouldn't need to add resonators. It might be too quiet for you with the resonators added. Plus you'll have an additional cost.

ctozzi

Established Member
I’m concerned that the touring and cats might be too quiet for my liking. I wanted to try the catted pipe 1st to see what it sounds like

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Any feedback on what differences the resonators make in sound? I just bought some to weld in mine with Stingers and O/R Xpipe.
the resonators definitely do their job. It's a perfect balance of blower whistle cruising and exhaust. But I'll be honest, if I didn't live in California my stingers would be back on WITH resonators still. I'll probably throw my stingers back on soon for the summer and I'm curious how the resonators sound with Stingers.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I’m concerned that the touring and cats might be too quiet for my liking. I wanted to try the catted pipe 1st to see what it sounds like

I had the factory manifolds, magnaflow catted X, borla touring at first....it was a tad too quiet for me under throttle. Swapped to stingers, I have found it just right. Quiet out of throttle.....but roars nicely when you hit it. I've liked it enough it's been that way for almost ten years. 65mph cruise drone is very minimal, you can easily talk.

Users who are viewing this thread