At least 18 dead, 22 injured in El Paso mall shooting

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Dims have two incredibly bad debates, Trump looks like a shoe in for re-election and then this happens 24 hours apart with the Dims having prepared statements ready to go. Nothing could have shifted the mood and talk faster and I have to wonder.

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Like the white terrorist that shot up the Walmart in Memphis this week? Oh wait, wasn't white so the story died fast. How about that mass shooting at Henry Pratt in Illinois (black)? The New Castle Delaware workplace shooter (black), the Navy Yard shooter (black)? The Muslim Pulse shooter?
The transsexual school shooters? The gay dude that shot the reporters on air in Virginia?
Just another white terrorist .

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Just another white terrorist .
Is that you Iihan?

"I would say our country should be more fearful of white men across our country because they are actually causing most of the deaths within this country," she replied.
"And so if fear was the driving force of policies to keep America safe -- Americans safe inside of this country -- we should be profiling, monitoring, and creating policies to fight the radicalization of white men."
- Rep Ilhan Omar, D -MN

In resurfaced interview, Ilhan Omar answers question on 'jihadist terrorism' by saying Americans should be 'more fearful of white men'

This came out less than 2 weeks ago. I have a feeling she's going to be peacocking with the rest of "the squad" parroting.

Mental illness occurs in every race, creed and culture. Almost 7 billion people on this planet, even if it's just a fraction of a percentage of the population that's violent, that's still a lot of fruitcakes.

Sent from my Note9

Last edited:

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Early info that I was seeing indicated this individual was known to be mentally unstable and already had been in legit mental health care. If so, he should not have had access to or possessed weapons of any sort.

It's local law enforcement that should have initially removed his weapons.
Before you start pointing fingers and blaming the most convenient people, make sure you know what you are talking about. The police cannot confiscate your guns unless it’s through a court order or for evidence. Police cannot deprive someone of their property because they are accused of being mentally unstable. There are a massive amount of mentally unstable people, but without court orders there really isn’t much the police can do, given today’s laws.
Now apologize

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Just found out that a Chaplain my wife has been friends with since Seminary at Duke was one of the Chaplains who was at the Kettering hospital. They were called in once word of the shooting got out and dealt with 9 victims.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Just found out that a Chaplain my wife has been friends with since Seminary at Duke was one of the Chaplains who was at the Kettering hospital. They were called in once word of the shooting got out and dealt with 9 victims.

There is no worse part of my job than telling people they lost a loved when when they didn't know is was coming...I hate it

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Like the white terrorist that shot up the Walmart in Memphis this week? Oh wait, wasn't white so the story died fast. How about that mass shooting at Henry Pratt in Illinois (black)? The New Castle Delaware workplace shooter (black), the Navy Yard shooter (black)? The Muslim Pulse shooter?
The transsexual school shooters? The gay dude that shot the reporters on air in Virginia?

Holy crap, those are a lot shootings I didn't hear about. Except the Pulse one.

It just seems the more this stuff is put in the news the more of it happens from copy cats.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I don't think most people that carry "Dream of being a hero", I think that is a great mis-characterization of 99.9% of the people that carry. Most of us want to get our family to safety and run away from the shooter, but if I can't I won't lay there like a sheep waiting to be slaughtered. Fight or flight. What I do beyond that I don't know and hope I never have to find out.

As for LE dropping the ball. What are they supposed to do, kick in everybody's door that makes mean facebook posts? Who decides what is arrest worthy? Do we make hate speech a crime? Again what is hate speech?

We have a societal problem.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Before you start pointing fingers and blaming the most convenient people, make sure you know what you are talking about. The police cannot confiscate your guns unless it’s through a court order or for evidence. Police cannot deprive someone of their property because they are accused of being mentally unstable. There are a massive amount of mentally unstable people, but without court orders there really isn’t much the police can do, given today’s laws.
Now apologize

I am 100% pro 2A and 100% support law enforcement. My GT500 wears an Arizona First Responders support plate because I believe in the rule of law. They have an incredibly difficult job and I am thankful that men and women sign up to deal with societies worst on my behalf.

My point, and Ill make it clear, is that INITIAL news that I was finding indicated that this individual was institutionalized at one point and ADJUDICATED to being mentally incompetent.

My information was wrong (so far as I can tell this morning) and I posted on that wrong information. For that, you have my apology.

What I wont apologize for is being dismayed if he was adjudicated and stripped of his 2A rights and LE didnt disarm him prior to his terrorist spree.

Gravik

Established Member
7333e794521fc978ce563890a286483f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I try to tell myself I’d run towards bullets as someone who carries...

But.. given the fact whenever I’m in Walmart ( or any shopping for that matter) , I’m with the gf and kids..

I sure as shit don’t see myself leaving them to be shot while trying to play hero.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/456118-texas-gop-senators-respond-to-el-paso-shooting

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) on Sunday condemned the recent mass shooting in El Paso, Texas, as "a heinous act of terrorism and white supremacy."
“We must speak clearly to combat evil in any form it takes. What we saw yesterday was a heinous act of terrorism and white supremacy. There is no place for this in El Paso, in Texas, or anywhere across our nation,” Cruz tweeted Sunday. “We are all Americans and we are all standing united with El Paso.”

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
This is why you practice and responsibly carry.

Also why I shop online....

Funny story: I was at the Mall of America the the day that Al Shibaz (sp?) announced that they were going to massacre shoppers. Maybe it was 9/11 anniversary? In any event I had a dinner date there and I came strapped with a glock 17 in a OWB paddle holster with my sweater pulled over. You would have to look really hard to see the bulge and nobody notices anyways. I swear I could open carry and no one would even notice. In any event, as soon as I walk in I go to the directory. A non descrip guy walks up and as he is looking at the directory he says "bad day to bring that here." I ignored him and walked away but it kind of shook me up. I am not sure if they have some james bond xray shit but there is no way he would have known I was carrying.

This bastard apparently was wearing ear protection

I noticed this too. Safety first I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread