Aston Martin's Valkyrie is going to be incredible!

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
If anyone has ever played Gran Turismo and driven the Redbull X1, I think this is about the closest thing we will see to that sort of concept yet.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I was reading about it last night, the engine only weighs like 450lbs and it's a structural piece.

They could have made it lighter, but the cam gears would have been right behind your head and I guess they aren't exactly quiet. So they got moved to the back at the cost of 15lbs.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Here is a recent video of the engine too if you are bored:

That is amazing. Cosworth has always been one of the coolest engineering firms to me. The work they have done over the decades is incredible. I can't wait to see what they do for TVR's new Coyote engines they are using too. Thanks for sharing that!

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
That is amazing. Cosworth has always been one of the coolest engineering firms to me. The work they have done over the decades is incredible. I can't wait to see what they do for TVR's new Coyote engines they are using too. Thanks for sharing that!
I forgot about that car.

I can't wait for it to come out.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I forgot about that car.

I can't wait for it to come out.

It's McLaren's chief that is bringing them back right? I think that is why it is finally being taken seriously now and TVR's should finally have some decent quality lol.

I just watched a video on the Agera RS and how the values are now estimated at over $10 million for them. With this Valkyrie, I wonder if the values will surpass that since production numbers are similar?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
It's McLaren's chief that is bringing them back right? I think that is why it is finally being taken seriously now and TVR's should finally have some decent quality lol.

I just watched a video on the Agera RS and how the values are now estimated at over $10 million for them. With this Valkyrie, I wonder if the values will surpass that since production numbers are similar?

Remember how Bruce Mclaren made the F1 because no one else could do it properly and they are worth eye watering amounts of money now?

I believe this is the modern version of that car and it's pricing will reflect that.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor

6.5L Cosworth V12 making 1000hp @ 10,500rpm w/11,100 redline and this is all before the hybrid powertrain is included. The car only weighs like 2300lbs as well. It's going to be untouched for some time when it hits next year.
I'm a huge fan of the Valkyrie, but don't forget that AMG is working on a similar project, which will use a 'streetable' version of a modern F1 drivetrain, meaning 1.6 V6T that revs to the moon and 4 electric motors...
Mercedes-AMG Project ONE: Formula 1 technology for the road.

Valkyrie looks better and more aggressive IMO, but Mercedes knows a thing or two about F1 technology....

blk02edge

Established Member
I was reading about it last night, the engine only weighs like 450lbs and it's a structural piece.

They could have made it lighter, but the cam gears would have been right behind your head and I guess they aren't exactly quiet. So they got moved to the back at the cost of 15lbs.
Too heavy, half of svtp is out. Could have done better

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I'm a huge fan of the Valkyrie, but don't forget that AMG is working on a similar project, which will use a 'streetable' version of a modern F1 drivetrain, meaning 1.6 V6T that revs to the moon and 4 electric motors...
Mercedes-AMG Project ONE: Formula 1 technology for the road.

Valkyrie looks better and more aggressive IMO, but Mercedes knows a thing or two about F1 technology....

I did forget about the Project One and haven't really looked into all the specs on it. It will be cool to see these two cars duke it out for track times then. Not that they matter but I think with these upcoming new generation hypercars, they are going to crush lap times like never seen, and Im especially interested in seeing the Nurburgring times. The effort and R&D they are putting into them is the closest to F1 we have seen yet.

Remember how Bruce Mclaren made the F1 because no one else could do it properly and they are worth eye watering amounts of money now?

I believe this is the modern version of that car and it's pricing will reflect that.

I dont doubt it at all. I was just surprised that the Agera appreciated so quickly. I would expect prices like that maybe a 5-10 years from production.

coposrv

Established Member
Incredible video. Not often enough do you see an inside look at the real engineering. More times than not it’s a garbage hype video with containing nothing of value.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
@AustinJ427, I just remembered... the name I was thinking of is Gordon Murray I think. He led McLaren's comeback and is doing TVR's as well, right?

Users who are viewing this thread