Assistance Please: Installing VMP GenII

kw_rc

Established Member
Folks,
I have a 2012 GT500 and I'm removing my KB and installing a VMP GenII. On the elbow of the VMP toward the rear is supposed to be something attached. Apparently, when my KB was originally installed this part was removed but wasn't given to me. Can someone help me out and tell me what this is supposed to be? I need a name/part # so I can purchase one.

GenII part.jpg

Also, if you have a spare one you're willing to sell lmk.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
There's the EVAP valve that goes there. I believe KB relocates it, so you just need to locate it and mount it to the supercharger. I can take a pic of mine if you need to know what it looks like.

kw_rc

Established Member
Yep, they helped. You were right. It was relocated with the KB install.

Thx for the help!

1320 Junkie

Established Member
No way.......someone is REMOVING A 2.8 KB FOR A TVS.....hell hath frozen over.... ***sarcasm***

Last edited:

Joewee500

Established Member
You will wonder why you ever ran a KB 2.8 in the first place. My car came with it so I didn't have a choice. My TVS gen 2 is infinitely better in all ways than the KB. Now all you need is a Bill Miller tune and you'll have the perfect combo just like me!

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
So that's at least two KBs and one Whipple that I am aware of that were removed for a VMP Gen II TVS.... interesting.

kw_rc

Established Member
No way.......someone is REMOVING A 2.8 KB FOR A TVS.....hell hath frozen over.... ***sarcasm***

LOL, I picked it up.

For clarification, I am not switching because I don't like the KB or I think the VMP is better. I'm switching purely so I can put my stock hood back on and that's it.

I'm a huge fan of the KB and my car ran like a raped ape. It pulled like a freight train and was crazy fast. Truth be told, I don't like the look of the VMP as much as the KB.

So no bashing of either brand and I don't want to turn this into a blower war thread. Both work well. I just wanted my stock hood back on; that's it.

Joewee500

Established Member
Edit

Why not buy a new hood if you liked the 2.8 so much. Is your VMP charger on and running or are you still installing it? Trying to see how you know you like one better than the other. It's no secret I'm bitter about my 2.8. Many have had the same results.

I even had my 2.8 rebuilt before I replaced it with a vmp gen II. How sad is that. I was blind. I thought all would be perfect after it came back fresh but I wasn't happy. I was talked off the ledge of selling my car several times because of the way it ran. I was also told by Jay and several others that a tvs would change my mind about my car and it did. Everything is better about how my car runs and that's no exaggeration. VMP gen 2 or BlackOps ported trinity is the only way to go if you want neck snapping street able power vs a 2.8 KB. Truth.

Last edited:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Folks,
I have a 2012 GT500 and I'm removing my KB and installing a VMP GenII. On the elbow of the VMP toward the rear is supposed to be something attached. Apparently, when my KB was originally installed this part was removed but wasn't given to me. Can someone help me out and tell me what this is supposed to be? I need a name/part # so I can purchase one.

View attachment 59004

Also, if you have a spare one you're willing to sell lmk.

Thanks!
If you bought it from us please call us for tech support. 321 206-9369

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread