Asking too much ????

Bliss

hokie
Established Member
My 95 is up for sale in denver
It is rio red w/black cloth and has 38K miles w/little mods
It is not perfect in every way but
my asking price was 10,500

does that seem like I am asking too much???
please help me out here with any opinions
thanks

dsc03863.jpg

97cobraheaven

Established Member
you are trying to sell it up in the mountains where many people probably wont want a car for 3 months out of the year to drive, i think its a great deal. considering the miles and it is really clean lookin. but the year affects the price more so than the mileage.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I think that is pretty steem for a 95, but what do I know. :shrug:

CobraKai

Established Member
I never understand the car market. i constantly see fox body mustangs for 6 grand. But 96-98 cobras are going for 9-12 grand. Who would pay 6 for a fox when you could spend 10 for a cobra?

pottsy

Established Member
CobraKai said:
I never understand the car market. i constantly see fox body mustangs for 6 grand. But 96-98 cobras are going for 9-12 grand. Who would pay 6 for a fox when you could spend 10 for a cobra?

It's just demand. Right now a lot of Cobra owners are still getting into newer Cobras or 05 GT's, which is why prices of the 96-98 cars have pretty much bottomed out for the time being. I wouldn't be surprised to see low mileage 96-98's (especially in rare colors like BAB and PG) start to go up in value over the next few years as demand goes up again. People look for clean, unmolested Foxes and will pay nicely for them. I think in the next few years a similar situation will happen with the early SN95 cars as clean ones become more and more rare. I don't think 96-98 Cobras will be collector cars anytime soon, but on the other hand I would not be surprised at all to see clean ones going for $12k+ in a couple of years or even jump slightly in value. Time will tell.

MidNight Snake

Established Member
It seems like it has alot to do with the area. Around me 96-98 cobras go for 15-18 for a coupe and another 2 or 3 for a conv. They are really hard to find up here. I might see one once every six months. I drove all the way to virginia to get mine(6+ hour drive) U lucky guys out in the stix.

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
That is a hot stang, ill be in the market for a cobra(94/95) in march and i have been shopping around a bit. Your price is extremely reasonable.

p.s.- sweet ride, good luck on the sell!

mackj66

Established Member
WishIHadaCobra said:
It seems like it has alot to do with the area. Around me 96-98 cobras go for 15-18 for a coupe and another 2 or 3 for a conv. They are really hard to find up here. I might see one once every six months. I drove all the way to virginia to get mine(6+ hour drive) U lucky guys out in the stix.

You are right....it is ALL about the area you are in. I looked up here in the upper midwest for a year, and couldn't find anything with low miles for under 13-16 grand for coupes and verts. I ended up driving out to Indiana to pick up my baby, and that was just last year.
96-98 Cobras up here in Minnesota are almost as rare as 93 Cobras.....you just never see them, that is why I love my Chrome Yellow 98!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread