As predicted the Z is gone...

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
The C7Z even with all the refinement it had, was still a raw sports car that wanted to occasionally bite you if you got too crazy.

This is a feature not a bug IMO. I would love a cobra replica just because they are so damn dangerous.

Also crazy that this is only your second fastest benz. You are killing all the haters.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Ok, here are my initial impressions of the e63 amg s vs the amg gts…

First off, these are two different cars. The E63S is a midsize 4 door luxury rocketship and the GTS is Mercedes version of vette...ha. It supposedly was made and designed to beat the 911.

I wanna start by saying the E63S is definitely a superior car. The electronics and interior are one gen ahead of the GTS. The motor and trans are one step ahead as well...as pat mentioned the E63 has better turbos, a 9 speed trans and many more features. It's faster than the GTS stock and faster than the GTS tuned vs tuned. I ran 10.8@127 in 95 degree heat and 2800 DA a few weeks ago in my E63. It's probably a 10.4 or 10.5 car near 130 in the fall. I will be finding out once it cools off.

The E63 is so good that I have trouble explaining how much I actually love the E. Coming from the RS7 and thinking there was nothing better but then finding out I was wrong...that's how good the E is. I don't think there are many cars that could beat it stoplight to stoplight.

Its also very comfy. Massaging seats that are heated and cooled, self driving cruise, cameras all over it and it looks awesome. I get around 25mpg on the highway with it...not bad for a car with 773hp and 776tq!!!!

Now the GTS...

Coming out of the vette was tough for me. The vette was so good at everything and unlike my other vettes, it didn't rattle! haha...

However, that first drive in the GTS made me realize what a real drivers car feels like. I have never felt so connected to the road before driving the GTS. It handles so so so good. It's so controllable, unlike the vette. Don't get me wrong, the vette is controllable but not all the time. The GTS makes you feel like you can do whatever you like and survive with ease.

It's dam fast. Some may say that the 500hp doesn't seem like much but it is a mid/low 11's car stock and it's rear wheel drive. It hooks incredibly well, even at full throttle digs. It's very well balanced and does everything very well....it sounds awesome. The transmission is great...not as good as the 9 speed E63 but pretty close.

It looks beautiful. I love the long hood. Since I have had it I get LOTS of attention anywhere I go. Pics, thumbs up, etc. Never got that in the vette. I live in a nice area but you just don't see the GTS on the street hardly or ever. You see 50 vettes a day and most don't know the difference between a stingray and z06.

So there you have it, a small write up on my thoughts so far...this all changes tomorrow as @patc84 sent my Renntech tune for the GTS. Should be a high 10 second car tomorrow! haha...will update again after that!

ArabianOak

Established Member
gts.jpg
gts1.jpg

nxhappy

Established Member
100g's....whos your coke dealer LOL ..... jk

nice car brother, congrats.

nxhappy

Established Member
NICE!

And who cares how often he changes cars... That $1200/mo payment has to go somewhere so might as well keep it fresh every year!

I wish i owned Chicago motor cars lolol
I say **** it, this is MERICA !

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Absolutely stunning! I trust drove a GTS and loved it but maintenance costs and overall costs of ownership brought me back to earth. I ended up with a Grand Sport but will revisit next spring when I decide if I really want a C8. Nice rides as usual OP.

I’d love a GT-R in that green color. I get hard just thinking about it.

Users who are viewing this thread