arp wheel studs

Fast GTO

Established Member
anyone know the part numbers for the proper arp wheels studs front/rear?

Also, seperate issue but I am getting a clunk from what appears to the the front of the cobra just front of the transmission it seems. Sound appears when I let off the gas and the car 'unloads'. So imagine giving it gas (even very light gas) and everything being tight. Now imagine letting off the gas and getting a clunk when the driveline disengages just front of the trans.

I was thinking it might be the front subframe bolts being slightly loose?

Last edited:

Fast GTO

Established Member
Possible, tough to locate from inside with echo's. Last time I had it on the lift the shaft had what appeared to be a little too much play...about 1/2" when I tried to rotate it.

I'll get it on the lift tomorrow and take a look. Positive it is not the rearend since that was just upgraded.

Last edited:

Fast GTO

Established Member
I'm not thinking it is the u joints. Had it on the lift and there is play but nothing unusual. The u-joints look fine.

Could be front subframe or motor mounts?

Think I can use this as a way to convince the wife I need new MM LCA's and coilovers to fix the noise.

Last edited:

wheelhopper

Established Member
It is not uncommon for the steering to clunk in the Terminators. Try replacing your steering rack bushings with some aluminum Maximum Motorsports ones. Not only will you loose the steering clunk, your steering will feel more responsive. Plus it is only about $45 and an hour or less of your time.

meikeric

Established Member
Something to check, as I had a similar noise. The sway bar end link bolt ripped through the bushing on the end link on my Cobra. I was getting some gadafull (God awful) noises. Pull the tires off and sure enough the bushing was torn.
Mike

wheelhopper

Established Member
The Steeda ones are not necessarily Mustang specific. They simply have ARP shorten the ones that ARP makes for the Mustang by 1". Both ARP and Moroso have the studs that fit the Cobra/Mustang.

I have the Moroso brand, new, in my tool box if you want to buy those from me. I bought them for a project I was doing and it turned out the IRS I was using already had them installed. It was not worth the effort of sending them back. They are still in the plastic package. 2 packs, 1 for each side. The Moroso studs are 2.5" long while the ARP are 3" long. Stock is 1.5"

Users who are viewing this thread