ARIZONA Tucson

QWKRNTU

Established Member
Do any of the AZ Tucson cars ever get together? I was trying to find out if every tucson cobra would go to the 11Dec04 TEST AND TUNE @ 8am. So what do you say? Or any other mustangs :burnout:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
haha its hard to get people to respond on the local forums like this. Usually its myself, Jeff (PlatinumCobra), Rick (AzDropTop), and a couple of others. I am about 3.5hrs from Tucson but always seem to be out that way for one reason or another. Are they doing the T&T at SIR? I would consider going out that way for the day depending on whats going on with the wife. Not sure if I would run or not, but lets keep this active. I will see if I can get the other guys to chime in.

QWKRNTU

Established Member
It is a TEST & TUNE at 8am and here is the best part about it

IT IS FREE TO RACE FREE TO WATCH!!!!! The track was just resurfaced and because of that and the fact they cancelled the last 3 times thy are letting everyone in for free. :rockon:

AzDropTop

Established Member
Looks like I am off on Dec 11th and will definately consider coming by. I hadn't heard about it until now. Thanks Chris :) Free even. We were supposed to have a track day last Sat with SVTOA but it was cancelled...Just got me magnaflow cat back put on and all of my suspension stuff so maybe I can run better than 15 seconds. LOL

ON a side note. It is possible that we may be having a small dyno day on Saturday the 18th up in Phoenix. There is a meeting at 3 in the afternoon for the SVTOA club that a few of us are going up for. Plan is to head up early in the morning, dyno, eat lunch, hit the meeting and then possibly over to the pavillions for the car show. Drop me an email if interested
Rick

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I wish I could come but some folks are coming in this weekend to put in my planter box in the back yard. Woohoo!

Bummer about this weekend's event, though. Would loved to have gone since I need another dyno. :(

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Yeah I just talked to the wife last night. I have been out of town the past 5 weekends, so she isn't about to let me leave this one! Also I guess we have a Christmas party to go to :rolleyes: and she wants to get all the X-Mas stuff up since we have yet to do anything. Just been a busy month the past 2 months. Let me know more about the Phx gtg. I may see about making that.

AzDropTop

Established Member
Chris_H said:
Yeah I just talked to the wife last night. I have been out of town the past 5 weekends, so she isn't about to let me leave this one! Also I guess we have a Christmas party to go to :rolleyes: and she wants to get all the X-Mas stuff up since we have yet to do anything. Just been a busy month the past 2 months. Let me know more about the Phx gtg. I may see about making that.

Just got notice that the dyno is not available on the 18th, but we will still be heading up to Phoenix for the meeting, test drive of new Mustang, and the Pavillions.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Since the dyno isn't available the wife may be interested in going. She didn't want to ride to Phx in the Cobra with our son :rollseyes I think my parents are supposed to be coming in that weekend, but haven't heard anything from them yet. I should know more as it gets closer. More than likely though we won't make it. I have a business trip to Albq this week so thats more time away from home...

AzDropTop

Established Member
Chris_H said:
Since the dyno isn't available the wife may be interested in going. She didn't want to ride to Phx in the Cobra with our son :rollseyes I think my parents are supposed to be coming in that weekend, but haven't heard anything from them yet. I should know more as it gets closer. More than likely though we won't make it. I have a business trip to Albq this week so thats more time away from home...

Sounds goog Chris. The Pavillions show is actually pretty cool. Lot's of cars and it seems different cars through out the night. No fee either. Just drop an email or pm me when you decide.

AzDropTop

Established Member
Well It was quite a turn out over there today. I showed up just after 8am to tech in and they didn't start running until about 9:45 or so. Got in two runs before some one dropped 'stuff' on the track and it took over an hour to clean it up. I stuck around for 1 more run then took off before 1pm.

Best run as follows
r/t 1.09
60 2.434
330 6.5
1/8 9.7
mph 77.47
1000 12.483
1/4 14.809
mph 97.19

This is uncorrected and when we started the corrected elevation was 4100 feet and that number increased as the day went on. The other two runs were very close, another 2.497 and a 2.464 a 15.0 and a 14.8xxx

I have to say I am disappointed that I still have so much wheel hop. It has improved off the line, but shifting into 2nd I hop like crazy!
I have the 03 brace, steeda and MM bushings, eibach prokit and 03 bilsteins.

Goodtime was had dispite my poor times. Sad to say they are my best with the car. Only been down the track 2 runs before this...

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
We're gonna have to get you some tires for that thing! How was the new surface? I know when I went out to Phx last weekend it was POURING out there by the rack so I am sure that didn't help with the rubber they already had down. I think once they open back up next season, I'll have to come out that way for the weekend for a T&T night. I'll bring the ET streets and get some rims to fit the Cobra's. We'll see how much havoc we can cause in one night :rockon:

AzDropTop

Established Member
Chris_H said:
We're gonna have to get you some tires for that thing! How was the new surface? I know when I went out to Phx last weekend it was POURING out there by the rack so I am sure that didn't help with the rubber they already had down. I think once they open back up next season, I'll have to come out that way for the weekend for a T&T night. I'll bring the ET streets and get some rims to fit the Cobra's. We'll see how much havoc we can cause in one night :rockon:

Tires and a new driver. LOL I really was amazed and the 1 to 2 shift wheel hop. The track seemed better than last time, but that was over a year ago for me and I don't have much experience in the 1/4. You definately need to get out here next season and I need to hit the track more often!

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
QWKRTNU said:
There were a lot of mustangs there good turn out.

Did you take the Cobra out, and how did you end up running? I know it had to be a beautiful day there for racing. It was 68* here today and all I could think about was the track! :burnout:

Last edited:

mustang_mason

Established Member
kinda off the topic but does anyone know when road course days are, or if they have any at firebird. cuz i race motorcycles out at firebird (aztrack day and CCS) and i think the tracks would be fun in a car, but dont know when/what needs to be done to get on the track.

im just getting into racing cars so if my post sounds stupid you know why. 17year olds dont know everything haha.

AzDropTop

Established Member
QWKRTNU said:
I Ran a 13.3@107 and wheel hop on the 1-2 let off got bak on it.
what color is your cobra? I noticed white and silver coupes out there. Sorry we didn't get to meet. Are you in the SVTOA club?
Rick

Users who are viewing this thread