ARH Headers

Mark99GT

Established Member
I'm about to order some ARH long tube headers. My car is a 97 convertible, but the part is for a 99+. I know the header should fit, but is there anything specific with a convertible I need to be aware if fitment-wise? Also the SMOG connection refers to the EGR hookup, right? Nothing else on the SN95 vs new edge I have to consider emissions wise? I plan on keeping the EGR for now. Has anyone had an issue with getting the transmission out without removing a header with these? Stock steering shaft ok or do I need an aftermarket? Thanks

Last edited:

96dreamer

Established Member
Physically they will fit fine and nothing with the convertible should cause issues. But the smog connections are different. The 96-98 cars have the egr and sai connections to hook up to. The only headers I am aware of that have the sai ports are bbk and bassani. The egr might be the same, no experience there.

Mark99GT

Established Member
Physically they will fit fine and nothing with the convertible should cause issues. But the smog connections are different. The 96-98 cars have the egr and sai connections to hook up to. The only headers I am aware of that have the sai ports are bbk and bassani. The egr might be the same, no experience there.
Thanks for the info. I was getting confused with the SAI vs EGR and "SMOG" term.

So that kinda sucks... I really prefer stainless steel (buy once, cry once), but it looks like no one makes a stainless LT with all of the necessary connections. ARH seemed to check all the boxes. I guess I'd have to remove the SAI system at minimum. The EGR manifold connection looks like it's in the same location, so I think that's not an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread