ARH headers, get them coated?

Cabbage

Established Member
Nice headers. I was debating this for the last while too and I talked with ARH directly twice and they said its a waste of money and actually advise against it. They said if you want to waste money on it go ahead but there headers are high quailty as it is and if they really needed it they'd come coated from ARH. I've decided not to do mine. If your wondering just call ARH and ask them. Just my 2 cents

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice headers. I was debating this for the last while too and I talked with ARH directly twice and they said its a waste of money and actually advise against it. They said if you want to waste money on it go ahead but there headers are high quailty as it is and if they really needed it they'd come coated from ARH. I've decided not to do mine. If your wondering just call ARH and ask them. Just my 2 cents

I already sent them off to get coated. Yes 304 ss is a high quality metal, thats know doubting ARH is using high quality materials. But ceramic itself has proven to be very durable and help keep thermal temps down. Which in turn means it's heated up the exhaust gases hotter than normal because it's keeping the heat inside the header instead of actually letting it vent out. The hotter the exhaust the faster it will travel it's way out.

I've done my fair share of research on ceramic coated headers vs not. Maybe ARH thought the price of these headers already are higher than many, then adding additional cost for ceramic with possible decrease in sales as the price gets a quite bit more.

Here's a decent article about ARH, kooks, and Jet-hot talking about headers and coated. You see the owner of ARH (Nick) doesn't recommend coating the headers unless your doing high end road racing and or have a forced induction setup, otherwise it's just overkill. We do have superchargers on our cars.

http://www.corvettenewsblog.com/cer...wrapping-vs-naked-steel-for-corvette-headers/

Last edited:

SVTXTC

Established Member
Would like an update on this if possible. I also have a set of ARH 1/78ths and am looking at Techline coatings. I was quoted $250 locally. Sub'n for results!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Would like an update on this if possible. I also have a set of ARH 1/78ths and am looking at Techline coatings. I was quoted $250 locally. Sub'n for results!

Cool, yeah I was quoted 240 for headers and 10.00 dollars a foot on the x pipe. They have the headers but they've been super busy. I told them I'd like them back no later than sometime in March. I'll keep everyone posted and put up some pictures once completed.

Users who are viewing this thread