Areas to stay away from in myrtle beach?

TRMach1

Established Member
I would like to go to mustang week this year and was wondering what are the "shady" areas to stay away from if you know what I mean. I've never been there so I don't want to end up in the bad part of town, I might look into renting a condo but I want to make sure it's in a good area.

13 GT/CS

Established Member
I live in SC and go to Myrtle probably 10+ times a year atleast. There arent many shady areas in my opinion. There are a few outside of it but as long as your in the beach you should be fine. Its a fun place to visit especially if you do some of the tourist stuff :)

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
Myrtle Beach has always been one of those places where you can have a 4-star place next to a 1-star place. Shady areas... I don't think I've ever really experienced any because a vast majority is tourist town anyway.

qualls22

Established Member
I'm staying at Springmaid or something like that because the people going with me has to bring a dog and was the only hotel that accepted pets and it on the end of ocean boulevard on the south end. I take it that area is ok?

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
2 of the 4 MW Staff stay within a couple blocks of the Springmaid at Holiday Sands South. I've stayed on that end of the beach since I was a kid and it's just fine.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
2 of the 4 MW Staff stay within a couple blocks of the Springmaid at Holiday Sands South. I've stayed on that end of the beach since I was a kid and it's just fine.

Yeap, this is my 6th year at Holiday Sands South, no issues. Usually walk a half mile down the strip at night to Damon's at least once, never got robbed or anything. I always stay there when we go in the off season too, no issues.

I've been pretty much all over scouting back roads, just riding around, etc, never really saw a bad place to be. I mean, if you want trouble you can probably hunt it, but I wouldn't worry too much.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I stay up North. North Myrtle most of the time. There are more "shady" people in Myrtle than in North Myrtle IMO. The north side is a lot quieter. You will have fun, just don't let your guard down to much. Myrtle does have a high crime rate, but mostly because it is such a large tourist attraction, not because its a "bad area".

jbs$

Established Member
The MB Hilton is only about a mile from the event. It has great beach bars, pools and restaurants. Parking deck is back from the beach and lots of spaces. Cost is slightly more, but, is first class all of the way. Also, wide uncrowded beach.

Last edited:

TRMach1

Established Member
Lol well I ended up in front of the palace theater by the boardwalk at la quinta inn. Doesn't look too bad, I just feel like there might be a ton of traffic. Oh well, we'll see how it goes.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Lol well I ended up in front of the palace theater by the boardwalk at la quinta inn. Doesn't look too bad, I just feel like there might be a ton of traffic. Oh well, we'll see how it goes.

You'll be right beside our Mellow Mushroom meet on Tues. Be sure to stop by.:beer:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
As others have said - no really bad areas that I've ever seen when I've been there, just some Shady people, but nothing that bothered me. Of course the poor Prius types that accidentally booked their vacation for next week are probably going to think most of you are a bunch of hooligans in your loud Mustangs lol.

Users who are viewing this thread