Are there any other watch enthusiasts here? Some of my Watch Collection.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I had a 6 head, with a drawer, Orbita winder. I pretty much got it, because of a JLC perpetual calendar that I had (It was a lengthy process to set it, so wanted to keep it running). After the sale of that piece, as well as the winder breaking, I stopped using it. So I got the Orbita fixed (just looked they are still in business), and then sold it. No more winders for me.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
BB58 on NATO.
BB58NATO.jpeg

Zelos-1.jpeg

iwc-1.jpeg

Mido.jpeg

w-5.jpeg

RZE-Lumed.jpeg

IWC still wrapped in plastic. RZE I posted before, just showing the lume. I think I showed the Laco

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
Very nice man. Someone will want that BB58. Its a highly desirable watch and I personally know 2 people on here who are looking for one. They're dropped from an average $2700/$2800 pre-owned price to around $2500 full kit. I've seen them sell for that regularly on WUS forums. I've seen some go as low as $2300.

I could be interested in your Seamaster since I see it's a Co-Axial and the date window is a 6, so at least an 8500+ movement.

I'm very seriously considering getting rid of my BB Bronze and Ball Roadmaster Marine GMT w/ a Titanium case and bracelet which is interlaced with SS. It's 1/1000 with a very unique style of pushers that advance and retard the GMT hand.

Along with those two and some other watches, I want to pick up a Zenith El Primero 38mm Chronomaster. It's one of my affordable grail watches. I'm still on the list for a 23' 40mm Explorer. I might pick up a white dial or Z-blue dial Milgauss if I can ever find one for a reasonable price since they are now longer available by Rolex for 2023. I kinda get it. You have people who buy Rolex watches for status, then you have Rolex enthusiasts who love all kinds of Rolex watches. I have a DJ myself and practically the same watch, but a 2-tone. I just really want a Milgausss and wouldn't mind a 34mm Air King w/ the Engine Turned bezel. Those earlier Air Kings looked great IMO. I'm not a big fan of the newer black dial Air Kings with that 90s style font.

You Seiko looks almost like my SBDC055 Prospex PADI with the gradient black/blue dial and Seiko's famous alignment issue at 12 lol.

I still want to pick up a Grand Seiko, but, one watch at a time I guess. I'd definitely get a 44GS case though since I like that olde school design and of course Spring Drive. If I want 36,000 VpH, that's the reason i'm trying to get an El Primero. Well that's not solely why, I love the design and how is nods back to the 1969 edition. The 1/10 of a second is just so neat IMO.

We have the same model BB 58. I bought it on the NATO originally but swapped it out just to change up the looks. What's WUS? I've been looking at comps at I think $2500 would be a fair asking full set. I'll be keeping the Omega, I know if I sell it I am going to regret it since it's my first nice watch and commemorated something significant in my life.

I absolutely agree with you on the Rolex statement. It's really infuriating with their so called "wait list". I love their watches especially with what they've done recently. Their new lineup at Watches and Wonder was truly surprising with the exhibition Daytona and the Titanium Yachmaster 2. I love the Yachmaster with the Rhodium face and the blue seconds hand always catch my eye.

So the alignment issue on the Seiko is a known issue? I thought it was just me lol. I'm still getting into the finer details of movements and specs so you've given somethings to look into haha

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
No problem man, do what's best for you. WUS is WatchUseek. It has 500k+ members, 21+ million posts. It's an extremely active forum, with very knowledgeable members.

Unless they changed the rules, You have to have been a member for at least 3 months, have 100 post minimum, and your 100 posts cannot be just, "Awesome, Sweet watch, Sick!," and posts like that, They need to be posts that actually contribute to the forum. The rules are stated on the forums to get access to the classified section.

Anyways, I do recommend joining, it is a great resource for all watches. There are individual sub forums for quite a few different brands and a lot of knowledge you can absorb. All types of information about how Co-Axial, Spring-Drive, and Swing lever style movements work.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Oh I forgot to answer the question, yes, $600-$800+ Seiko Prospex models are known for the issue of the bezel not lining up completely perfect at the 12 o'clock position. That is not to say every single one has this issue, but quite a few do have this problem. My Seiko Marine Master 300 didn't have this issue, but it also is a $3200 watch handmade where they make their higher end models by hand in Shinjuku, Japan and not their main Seiko facility.

I also love the Rhodium dial Yacht-Master w/ blue on the dial. For the 2023 releases, I like the Rolesium dial and the Yacht-Master II Regatta one.

I plan on getting a new 40mm Explorer, but I really like the new OP 41mm, I do like the 39mm versions more though.

I really like the Frederique Constant Yacht Timer. It's also under $1300. It has pushers, but they control the timing lights which which is very neat.

I would never buy a Daytona, pretty much because i'm not in the ballpark of being able to afford it. I would buy the new Hamilton Jazzmaster Auto Chrono that has a close look to the Daytona for around $2200 I believe.

cbj5259

Established Member
Don't visit SVTP as much as I used to, but stumbled across this thread. Been an avid watch collector for about 10 years. Constantly changing my collection. As you can tell, I primarily collect divers and chronos. Never really got into dress watches. I had a few over the years but never wore them...but this is what I currently am sporting...
cffceade7875a738cb93f0a562ada3f1.jpg
f785c543dea81f1c45827b3bf509d1b4.jpg
e9314750e25da4fca604b1997eba0f06.jpg
17481d9fc3a13344b034b47af911d36b.jpg
e7f855a275d451f8bd170985cf6048d9.jpg
3d38ae333ac0ae81cd2da8ee7721ca3f.jpg
721535f41774136b7c5d837b528afce9.jpg
acd6df60d27b4023f86fd832dac04bd0.jpg
777dbb8e96701f3302d3634090eb7151.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Don't visit SVTP as much as I used to, but stumbled across this thread. Been an avid watch collector for about 10 years. Constantly changing my collection. As you can tell, I primarily collect divers and chronos. Never really got into dress watches. I had a few over the years but never wore them...but this is what I currently am sporting...
f785c543dea81f1c45827b3bf509d1b4.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Goose, is that you?!?

I like the speed master

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
This is my Ball Engineer Master II I got back in 2010. I need to send it in to be serviced.

I took off the old Vintager leather strap that was all beat up and put on this green Ute nato strap and gave it to my son. He likes it.

1685583098186.jpg

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_1387.jpeg
Filled out the little warranty form on the watch winder and they sent out a new motor with the tools to swap it, no questions asked. Guess we’ll see how long it lasts

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Question for the watch nerds.

GMT Pepsi 126710

Oyster
or
Jubilee

Which one?

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
If anyone is looking to trade, let me know. I'm looking for the following: Tudor Pelagos 39/42, Rolex OP 39mm 114300 or 41mm 124300, Omega SMP 300 white or green dial, Aqua Terra 41mm or 39mm 2500 version, Grand Seiko 44GS or EVO 9 series, Breitling Superocean Heritage, Omega SMP 300 41mm 2500 Co-Axial early gen., 1995 Heuer Re-Edition Carrera 1964 mechanical wind.

All my watches are full kit, the Tudor & Ball are still under warranty.

3watch.jpeg

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Kind of bringing this thread back.

Decided to service my vintage Rolex DJ myself, and i'm taking my sweet ass time doing so since it runs for 3-4 minutes, then stops. After opening the case, the main spring, escapement wheel, and lever all look fine. So i'm completely taking it apart. It's the one watch worth more than any watch I own, have owned, or will ever own. I inherited it from my Dad when he passed.
R-1.jpeg

R-2.jpeg

R-3.jpeg

A watch I just picked up is a (Tsao) Baltimore Watch Company Balt-Pilot Worldtimer with a 1200Hv Titanium case & bracelet. You'll notice instead of "Swiss Made" or "Made in Germany" it says, Baltimore Maryland. This model uses a regulated NH34, but the Legacy model uses their MD-1 movement which is a Swiss 2824-2 that has been taken apart, cloned and rebuilt using American parts here in Hagerstown, MD. Making it one of the few watches that can claim it was Made in the USA. The owner is a really cool guy who i've texted to and talked to on the phone about this watch and other watches. Excellent customer service!

This watch is 1/50 in each colorway. I'm a sucker for green dials. It uses CX1 Super LumiNova, so it glows blue, instead of green.

Bal-1.jpeg

Bal-2.jpeg

Bal-3.jpeg

Bal-4.jpeg

Bal-5.jpeg

Bal-6.jpeg

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I'm also on the forever waiting list for a new Rolex Explorer 224270. I like the 214270 too, but the thing about Rolex is it's cheaper to buy it new, than buy a pre-owned one. $7700 for a brand new Explorer vs. $8-$10k for a pre-owned one. That's for every single Rolex, they all hold that trend. So, I put my name on the list at couple jewelers for an Explorer and an OP. A Sub is on my list, but I love the simplicity of the Explorer, it definitely doesn't look like a watch anyone would want to steal. The new DJs have become much more enamored with gold and diamond options, like along with the gold fluted bezel, they have the gold fluted dial and of course diamonds for each of the indices.

For me $10k is my limit, and that's only if my car is undergoing a slow rebuild and is down for a year plus so my money can be diverted to another hobby for the time being.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Kind of bringing this thread back.

Decided to service my vintage Rolex DJ myself, and i'm taking my sweet ass time doing so since it runs for 3-4 minutes, then stops. After opening the case, the main spring, escapement wheel, and lever all look fine. So i'm completely taking it apart. It's the one watch worth more than any watch I own, have owned, or will ever own. I inherited it from my Dad when he passed.
View attachment 1812578

View attachment 1812579
View attachment 1812580

A watch I just picked up is a (Tsao) Baltimore Watch Company Balt-Pilot Worldtimer with a 1200Hv Titanium case & bracelet. You'll notice instead of "Swiss Made" or "Made in Germany" it says, Baltimore Maryland. This model uses a regulated NH34, but the Legacy model uses their MD-1 movement which is a Swiss 2824-2 that has been taken apart, cloned and rebuilt using American parts here in Hagerstown, MD. Making it one of the few watches that can claim it was Made in the USA. The owner is a really cool guy who i've texted to and talked to on the phone about this watch and other watches. Excellent customer service!

This watch is 1/50 in each colorway. I'm a sucker for green dials. It uses CX1 Super LumiNova, so it glows blue, instead of green.

View attachment 1812581
View attachment 1812582
View attachment 1812583
View attachment 1812584
View attachment 1812585
View attachment 1812586

You are a brave man servicing your own Rolex. That is cool about the Baltimore watch company.

I am likely to pull the trigger on a new rolex soon. I am settled on a GMT Pepsi, but cannot decide between new or vintage. If I went vintage I would seek an error dial. I do think the new reference with jubilee bracelet will be a pinnacle piece in the future. I heard a rumor that Rolex will be discontinued the pepsi and replacing it with a coke next year.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
You are a brave man servicing your own Rolex. That is cool about the Baltimore watch company.

I am likely to pull the trigger on a new rolex soon. I am settled on a GMT Pepsi, but cannot decide between new or vintage. If I went vintage I would seek an error dial. I do think the new reference with jubilee bracelet will be a pinnacle piece in the future. I heard a rumor that Rolex will be discontinued the pepsi and replacing it with a coke next year.
Brave, maybe. Stupid, definitely lol. I'm kind of a hardcore mechanical person, I literally have my Ruger next to me and some gun oil and i'm about to disassemble it today/tonight.

Not sure on that rumor. It's a classic design, but Rolex is known to discontinue and throw out new unconventional designs. They already have 5-liner GMT-IIs with a Coke bezel, just type it up in your browser. I've always wanted a Starbucks. I had 37 watches last year, at least 17-20 of them had green dials. I just love green dials on watches, yet I won't buy a green car. I tend to buy blue or red cars, I only got my Fox in gray since I don't really have the choice.

Kind of like when they discontinued the Milgauss this year which I really liked and wanted to buy one. I would've bought one instead of an Explorer and got the Milgauss in Z-Blue if they still made it, but although 2023 models were the last technically, the stock is so limited and with their insane waiting lists, they were probably gone before they even announced the discontinuation at Watch World and I would not be able to get a brand new one if I tried.

Seriously though, Rolex stopped servicing watches 30 years and older recently. Along with raising their RSC fee from $500 to $1000.

I don't know if you mean new as in brand new or a newer 6-liner model. The waiting list is 1-2 years for pretty much all Rolex models. You can find ADs in smaller towns that may have them, but Rolex gives them a smaller allotment according to how many they sell per year. You can find vendors (I know one vendor in particular who always has a massive stock of Rolex, Patek, AP, GP, etc.) on WUS forums who carry 2M+ easy in stock of various high value brands.

If you ever want to talk hardcore/technical about watches, or want to know your way into WUS forums to figure out good vendors to buy Rolex's to buy from, let me know. I love talking watches almost as much as I do cars.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Just picked up the new Apple Watch. Nothing fancy like these at only 800.00.
View attachment 1812600

I about shit a brick then realized it was the titanium case. I usually just get the standard, non-cellular one when Chase does a sale with a bonus on points. Get the watch for "free" and sell the old one for $150-$200

Users who are viewing this thread