Are there any other watch enthusiasts here? Some of my Watch Collection.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Drive by posting again but I like OP's Ball watch(es).

My first nice watch was a Ball Engineer Master II I bought in 2010. I need to send it in to be serviced and get new tritium tubes.

Currently wearing an Omega PO...

1683833270909.jpg

Have an IWC Pilot Mark XVIII...

1683480833107.jpg

Rolex Submariner 41 Date...

1684113761461.jpg

Have a Panerai 1359 (pre-June 2020 before they crapped out on the internals on the 9010 movement)...

1684504249160.jpg

Treynor's watches are crazy.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member

My first nice watch was a Ball Engineer Master II I bought in 2010. I need to send it in to be serviced and get new tritium tubes.

View attachment 1794332

View attachment 1794334

View attachment 1794335

Have a Panerai 1359 (pre-June 2020 before they crapped out on the internals on the 9010 movement)...

View attachment 1794333

Love that Panerai

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Ok watch people - is there such thing as a decent quality watch winder for $100 or so? POS of Amazon quit working. It’ll work when you turn it on but it’s not running after that

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
View attachment 1791714
My beater Omega Seamaster Chronograph. ETA 1164 movement (mid/late 90s). I say beater because it's scratches and marks which might not be seen in the picture.
View attachment 1791715
Vintage 1960 Omega Seamaster, fully automatic, that has been completely refurbished and I installed a new, era-correct Omega bracelet for it.
View attachment 1791716
Pretty rare Panerai 0184 GMT w/ a JLC 897 movement. Unique internal rotating GMT bezel controlled by the top crown. When Panerai was in their groove of making 45mm, 47mm, 49mm watches, this watch was an anomaly for them at 42mm.
View attachment 1791717
Vintage 87' Rolex DJ w/ 18kt. gold on the bracelet, fluted bezel, and crown.
View attachment 1791718
Tudor Black Bay 58 in Navy Blue
View attachment 1791719
View attachment 1791720
View attachment 1791721
^^^^^ This watch is for sale right now in the market section, under the other items section.
How do you like the tudor? I have thinking of picking one up.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
How do you like the tudor? I have thinking of picking one up.

I love my Tudor! I'm not sure what your wrist size is, but is it's under 7", I would get a BB58, Ranger, or maybe a 1926 even though uses a T601 movement I believe which is not as great as the in-house 70 hour power reserve versions. They are re-named and might have a slight difference, but essentially the 70 hours power reserve versions are borrowed right from Rolex. You'll notice the 2023 line-up with the Oyster Perpetual, DJ 41mm, and 40mm Explorer. I really like the 2023 Yacht-Master as it uses Titanium.

I have a 7.5" wrist and I can pull off some of the larger diameter watches, but I prefer 43/44 max and it depends how they fit. Ideally the perfect size IMO, and this is completely subjective, is 38.5-40mm.

The BB58 is 39mm and is a classic design. You can get either Navy Blue or Black. The watch is incredibly light. At first I didn't like it because it was so light, but got use to it. I placed a NATO strap on mine and removed the leather strap with deployant clasp.

As for my Tudor BB Bronze, I absolutely love it. Tudor's heritage line is all 41mm, but for some reason the BB Bronze is 43mm. I was a bit hesitant because of the size, but since I have bigger wrists, I think it looks great on my wrist. The watch is part of my permanent collection now.

If you want a BB58, they are pretty easy to find for $2500, full kit, in like new condition. If you wanted smaller than 39mm, they just came out with the BB54, which is 37mm, the watch is so new, you really won't find yet pre-owned for a decent discount. Only thing is you have to be a member for 3 months and have 100 posts to access that section on the WUS watch forum I frequent. I know a lot of people use the sub-forum watch exchange on reddit, but personally i'm not familiar with it at all. My buddy bought his Omega Seamaster on there w/ a black wave dial and the newest 8800 Co-Axial movement.

I'll show you my Tudor BB Bronze. I had a custom leather strap made for it and I didn't want it to taper so I could swap the Tudor buckle.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Here's my BB Bronze on a custom leather strap I had made that took around 3-4 weeks. I really like the look though. Plus the slate gray Bronze versions look much better than the 1st gen. ones with a brown/red-ish looking bezel. The Black Bay S&G 41mm on a fabric strap looks really nice too.

I love that Tudor has a 5 year transferable warranty, no questions asked. If something goes wrong mechanically, they will fix it.

T-B-1.jpeg

T-B-2.jpeg

T-B-3.jpeg

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Here's my BB Bronze on a custom leather strap I had made that took around 3-4 weeks. I really like the look though. Plus the slate gray Bronze versions look much better than the 1st gen. ones with a brown/red-ish looking bezel. The Black Bay S&G 41mm on a fabric strap looks really nice too.

I love that Tudor has a 5 year transferable warranty, no questions asked. If something goes wrong mechanically, they will fix it.

View attachment 1794450
View attachment 1794451
View attachment 1794452
That is the model I was looking at..black bay, BB58.. excellent piece!

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
That is the model I was looking at..black bay, BB58.. excellent piece!
Definitely find a pre-owned one that still has 3-4 years left on the warranty. There are Tudors that depreciate quite a bit and ones that hold their price pretty steady. The BB58 has depreciated more than I would have thought it would. Which, is good and bad. Obviously you can pick one up for a great price, but you won't be able to flip it. The price will increase, but most likely in 10-15 years+.

A Tudor that depreciates quite a bit is the BB GMT Pepsi Dial.

The Bronze and Silver don't depreciate that much since they are precious metals and Tudor mixes either the bronze or silver with other chemicals to make it last longer and you can keep polishing the bronze model if you don't like the patina look. I almost pick up a BB 925, but the feedback is so mixed, and I don't want to spend $3000-$4000 on something that I don't know completely. Some say their silver ones barely tarnish after 1 year, and others say after a month it starts to aggressively tarnish. Still it holds its price since it is real silver, 92.5% to be exact, hence the name. Models like the Ranger can be found for $2300-$3000 and they don't move too much in price which make them a good watch to buy if you're concerned with pricing and value.

If you just want a watch and want to love it, just pick up a BB58. Although you notice the watch on your wrist, not a single person is the public is going to notice or care. So buy it for yourself and what you like. When I wear one of my Rolex's people aren't staring and talking technical watch info. For all they know, you are wearing a Casio with gold color metal. You can have awesome cars you enjoy and others may notice, but with a watch, no one will notice. You could wear a Tudor one day, and the next a $100 Seiko and I bet they have no idea what the difference is.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Ok watch people - is there such thing as a decent quality watch winder for $100 or so? POS of Amazon quit working. It’ll work when you turn it on but it’s not running after that

There probably are, but i'm in the camp of not using watch winders. Everything is made in China, and China sucks big time at everything. They are great at stealing all of our IP though.

It's a complicated issue in the watch world and neither side is right or wrong. In theory, if you have 4 watches, and put them in winders, then wear one to work and come home and put it in the winder and repeat. You are basically making the watch run non-stop 24/7, 365 days a year. It will increase wear over time, decrease the time needed until the watch needs to be serviced, so I keep my watches in my watch box now. I do have a watch winder, but I only use it after I overhaul a watch and want to test the movement without any force. After running for 4-7 days, then I place the watch on a timegrapher, check to see if it's within spec or if I need to adjust the regulator.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Definitely find a pre-owned one that still has 3-4 years left on the warranty. There are Tudors that depreciate quite a bit and ones that hold their price pretty steady. The BB58 has depreciated more than I would have thought it would. Which, is good and bad. Obviously you can pick one up for a great price, but you won't be able to flip it. The price will increase, but most likely in 10-15 years+.

A Tudor that depreciates quite a bit is the BB GMT Pepsi Dial.

The Bronze and Silver don't depreciate that much since they are precious metals and Tudor mixes either the bronze or silver with other chemicals to make it last longer and you can keep polishing the bronze model if you don't like the patina look. I almost pick up a BB 925, but the feedback is so mixed, and I don't want to spend $3000-$4000 on something that I don't know completely. Some say their silver ones barely tarnish after 1 year, and others say after a month it starts to aggressively tarnish. Still it holds its price since it is real silver, 92.5% to be exact, hence the name. Models like the Ranger can be found for $2300-$3000 and they don't move too much in price which make them a good watch to buy if you're concerned with pricing and value.

If you just want a watch and want to love it, just pick up a BB58. Although you notice the watch on your wrist, not a single person is the public is going to notice or care. So buy it for yourself and what you like. When I wear one of my Rolex's people aren't staring and talking technical watch info. For all they know, you are wearing a Casio with gold color metal. You can have awesome cars you enjoy and others may notice, but with a watch, no one will notice. You could wear a Tudor one day, and the next a $100 Seiko and I bet they have no idea what the difference is.
I only buy watches that I want, never to get noticed. I have a tag aqua racer and few others, have always wanted an omega speedmaster pro, seamaster and a Tudor. I like the way these watches look on the wrist, just classic time pieces. Thank you for all the info!!!

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I only buy watches that I want, never to get noticed. I have a tag aqua racer and few others, have always wanted an omega speedmaster pro, seamaster and a Tudor. I like the way these watches look on the wrist, just classic time pieces. Thank you for all the info!!!
I agree man! I've gone through 6-7 Omega Seamasters, 1 being a Seamaster Aqua Terra, another being a Seamaster Chronograph. I plan on picking up another Aqua Terra, but I only want the first gen., which would be the 2500 series Co-Axial which is the since they came in 39mm and were the perfect size IMO. Mine looked great, but unfortunately it had a silver sunburst dial, silver hands, silver indices, polished case and bracelet, so when the sun was out and I looked to see what time it was, I couldn't tell. Too much silver lol. I need a more contrasting dial. I went to the Omega boutique somewhat near to me and tried on a 38mm version and it was way too small. Not sure why I didn't try one the 41mm. I'll probably go in there and try one out in that size. I'd love to buy one new, but my name is already on the waiting list for a 2023 40mm Rolex Explorer.

I'm surprised I still haven't picked up a Speedy Pro yet. I had the LE Heuer only branded Autavia which Tag did a great job at listening to all the customer feedback and building the watch based on how everyone voted. I really wanted the Heuer only branded 60th anniversary Carrera, but they sold out so fast since Tag only made 600 of them. They kinda screwed up and made way too many limited edition Autavias, so I guess their idea to fix is was to make barely any Carreras. Even if I could buy one, they're like $7k-$9k and I can't justify spending that much on that exact watch. They're not the easy thing to find, but in 1995/96, TH made a Heuer branded 1964 Re-Edition Carrera in 36mm. It was a chronograph and hand wound. They are pretty steady and sell for $3k-$3.5k.

Anyways, np man. Feel free to reach out if you find a Tudor you plan on buying and you'd like a 2nd opinion to make sure the person isn't ripping you off in some way.

bullitt2735

Established Member
Here's my BB Bronze on a custom leather strap I had made that took around 3-4 weeks. I really like the look though.
I love the BB in bronze, such a good looking watch, and that strap looks perfect! How’s the patina with wear? I’d actually prefer that it doesn’t hold up perfectly as I enjoy the patina look. The speedy I’ve been looking at is bronze gold but no one I know has one and I’ve been curious on how the bronze is holding up on the Tudor.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Those bronze Tudors are really good looking. I've seen the slate/dark grey dial ones in person, Tourneau has a blue one that looks intriguing but I have a hard time gauging exactly how it compares.

Speedy Pro is a nice little watch, I have a Sapphire Sandwich...

1684618202520.jpg

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Those bronze Tudors are really good looking. I've seen the slate/dark grey dial ones in person, Tourneau has a blue one that looks intriguing but I have a hard time gauging exactly how it compares.

View attachment 1794662

Love it. I will be getting one of these soon.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I love the BB in bronze, such a good looking watch, and that strap looks perfect! How’s the patina with wear? I’d actually prefer that it doesn’t hold up perfectly as I enjoy the patina look. The speedy I’ve been looking at is bronze gold but no one I know has one and I’ve been curious on how the bronze is holding up on the Tudor.

It's starting to patina lightly. Thr I got it from had about 6 months worth of patina on it, but I purposely cleaned it like new so I could see how long it would go from basically new, to patina X1, X2, X3, X4, etc.

The BB Bronze is my favorite watch right now. Thanks for the strap comment, I went through about 4-5 different straps until I got the one that's one there now. At first I didn't like the style of leather it had, then I realized it's what makes mine different and not just some Amazon strap and definitely not the OEM strap that is close to $500 which is insane.

I traded away one of my older Omega Seamaster Chonos to get the BB58, which is fine since I always try to pick up a Seamaster if I find a good deal. It's basically currency in the watch world. Most don't care if it's an older 1164 model from the 90s. Personally I like thr first gen. Co-Axial Seamasters and Aqua Terras since they were 41mm and 39mm. They were both perfectly sized and Omega only gave the exhibition caseback to the ATs, and solid backs on the SMPs, which doesn't bother me.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member

View attachment 1794662
Nice Speedy! Yeah the Bucherer ones. That was originally why I wanted a bronze BB. Only problem is the Bucherer ones aren't a special edition or have anything different, yet they are hard to find for a decent price. That's why I got the slate gray dial/bezel bronze instead.

If it were something like the NTTD SMPs, I would understand why they hold their price higher. I know it's titanium and costs way extra, but if it just had the tropical brown dial, slightly smaller size, and no-date, that would warrant a higher price. I have two titanium watches now and I want another, I love how like they are. Definitely not like my Breitling SO which is insanely heavy, but I still love that watch for other reasons.

If anyone wants an affordable titanium watch, check out RZE, I love their designs.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I'm debating listing a couple watches I just put up for sale on the watch forums which I marked way down since i'm looking for a quick sale. It's a Hamilton Jazzmaster and a Laco Augsburg Bleu.

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
I’ve been a watch enthusiasts since I was 13. My uncle gave me his Tag Heur 2000 as a gift when I graduated middle school and I still have it. Fast forward to post grad school and I bought myself an Omega Seamaster 300M, then a Seiko Prospex Save the Ocean for daily duty and a Tudor BB 58 on a strap just cause it caught my eye. Now, I think it’s time to let it go. Anyone interested?

Hoping to add a Rolex Batman and Datejust 41mm w/ the blue motif dial one day. Oh and a JLC Ultra Thin Moonphase and maybe an H. Moser Pioneer

IMG_0724.JPG
IMG_0712.JPG
64005346410__A36F0E4C-58A7-4A7C-84EF-20E589B282D1.JPG
IMG_5129.JPG

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I’ve been a watch enthusiasts since I was 13. My uncle gave me his Tag Heur 2000 as a gift when I graduated middle school and I still have it. Fast forward to post grad school and I bought myself an Omega Seamaster 300M, then a Seiko Prospex Save the Ocean for daily duty and a Tudor BB 58 on a strap just cause it caught my eye. Now, I think it’s time to let it go. Anyone interested?

Hoping to add a Rolex Batman and Datejust 41mm w/ the blue motif dial one day. Oh and a JLC Ultra Thin Moonphase and maybe an H. Moser Pioneer

View attachment 1795106View attachment 1795107View attachment 1795108View attachment 1795109

Very nice man. Someone will want that BB58. Its a highly desirable watch and I personally know 2 people on here who are looking for one. They're dropped from an average $2700/$2800 pre-owned price to around $2500 full kit. I've seen them sell for that regularly on WUS forums. I've seen some go as low as $2300.

I could be interested in your Seamaster since I see it's a Co-Axial and the date window is a 6, so at least an 8500+ movement.

I'm very seriously considering getting rid of my BB Bronze and Ball Roadmaster Marine GMT w/ a Titanium case and bracelet which is interlaced with SS. It's 1/1000 with a very unique style of pushers that advance and retard the GMT hand.

Along with those two and some other watches, I want to pick up a Zenith El Primero 38mm Chronomaster. It's one of my affordable grail watches. I'm still on the list for a 23' 40mm Explorer. I might pick up a white dial or Z-blue dial Milgauss if I can ever find one for a reasonable price since they are now longer available by Rolex for 2023. I kinda get it. You have people who buy Rolex watches for status, then you have Rolex enthusiasts who love all kinds of Rolex watches. I have a DJ myself and practically the same watch, but a 2-tone. I just really want a Milgausss and wouldn't mind a 34mm Air King w/ the Engine Turned bezel. Those earlier Air Kings looked great IMO. I'm not a big fan of the newer black dial Air Kings with that 90s style font.

You Seiko looks almost like my SBDC055 Prospex PADI with the gradient black/blue dial and Seiko's famous alignment issue at 12 lol.

I still want to pick up a Grand Seiko, but, one watch at a time I guess. I'd definitely get a 44GS case though since I like that olde school design and of course Spring Drive. If I want 36,000 VpH, that's the reason i'm trying to get an El Primero. Well that's not solely why, I love the design and how is nods back to the 1969 edition. The 1/10 of a second is just so neat IMO.

Last edited:

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member

View attachment 1794332

View attachment 1794334

View attachment 1794335

View attachment 1794333

If you purchase a nicer style Ball or just one with 24-25+ Tritium tubes, it's amazing how bright it is. It's like when I was a kid and had a Timex with the Indiglo button, but on the Ball the indiglo button is one 24/7.

Much better than my other Ball that had a single tube for each indice. I guess they also used it on the hands as well because they didn't light up under light. That was my Trainmaster Chronograph. They could've at least applied BGW9 on the hands for I could see what time it was in the dark if the hands got just a little light exposure.

My Ball Roadmaster Marine GMT is crazy bright non-stop, but they also put BGW9 on the letting on the bezel and on the small points on each indice.

Users who are viewing this thread