Are there any other watch enthusiasts here? Some of my Watch Collection.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
TAlthough there are car/car company themed watches, there aren't many.
While maybe not many, there are for sure some connections. Richard Mille with F1. Then there was the Ferrari connection with Gerrard Perregaux, on to Panerai, and Hublot. GP, and Jaeger Lecoultre with Aston Martin. AP had a deal with Rubin Barrichello (3 pieces with heavy auto references). Breitling Mustang watch. BRM, Bell and Ross, Grahm, Porsche Design, Autodromo, Bremont, Chopard, Blancpain, IWC all have auto themed pieces. These are what come to mind, Im sure there are more.

Then there are pieces like the Tag Monaco, or steel Daytona, that just make you think about cars, because of their past placements.

Last edited:

bullitt2735

Established Member
This thread wasn't supposed to be car themed watches, it was just for car enthusiasts who are also watch enthusiasts or maybe have an affinity or have a couple nice watches since I noticed the trend of many car guys that are also into watches as well. Not $50 watches, I was more-so referring to $1k, $2k, $3k+ watches. Although there are car/car company themed watches, there aren't many. Although Heuer lost it's level of quality after Tag acquired them in 1985, they are starting to get back to their routes and making more quality watches that harp back to the Heuer days. I don't know how many people know this, but in the early 60s the Heuer Autavia was released originally as a timer on cars and airplanes, hence the name Autavia. The combined names mean.. Automotive & Aeromotive, which equals Autavia. If anyone has seen the new 60th anniversary Tag Heuer Carrera commercial, it feature Ryan Gosling driving a Porsche Carrera.
Agreed tag seems to have finally started producing high quality watches again, they just need to stop doing all these weird limited editions. I will say I’ve been very impressed with my Carrera Heuer 02 movement it’s been extremely accurate, power reserve has been great. My two complaints with the watch though are 1 the rotor is a tad noisy and 2 the clasp. If I bend my wrist in a certain way I can actually undo it. It doesn’t happen often but if I’m putting on a jacket for instance some times it will come undone.

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Agreed tag seems to have finally started producing high quality watches again, they just need to stop doing all these weird limited editions. I will say I’ve been very impressed with my Carrera Heuer 02 movement it’s been extremely accurate, power reserve has been great. My two complaints with the watch though are the rotor is a tad noisy and the clasp if I bend my wrist in a certain way I can actually undo it. It doesn’t happen often but if I’m putting on a jacket for instance sake times it will come undone.
When I got mine (gray market) and it was noisy my first thought was I got screwed. Usually don’t notice it though. I just hate that im between sizes on it, moves around too much for my liking but no way another link can come out

bullitt2735

Established Member
Yea they definitely need to add some micro adjustment to their clasp design like a lot of other watch brands have now.

Last edited:

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I'm not a watch snob at all.
My watch snob comment was aimed at the big youtubers, no one here. I did not read most of the post. I just scanned the post for casio/g shock pics. I prefer quartz movements.

Anyway, I picked up my first casio g shock. It's a DW5600-bb-1. It's meh. The negative display while very cool looking, is hard to read. I plan to get the solar/6 band square as a work horse/daily hopefully sooner than later. I have a Barton band on the way to see if it helps wear better. If not, I may try see if someone makes a titanium band. I want light weight and something that doesn't absorb sweat. I'm very surprised a squre body actually fits my wrist (7"). I always thought it would be too big.

Last edited:

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Despite what some "watch snobs" say, I just enjoy people enjoying their watches. If someone is enjoying their cheapo timex or their expensive (to me) time piece by a clothing designer brand, I am happy for them.

i have cheap AF watches, but they tell time and they match outfits im wearing.

I've had a compliment on a $20 watch simply cause it matched my shoes lol

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
G-Shocks are big among watch enthusiasts. I'm not talking people with a couple $2k-$3k watches. Everyone usually picks one up who own dozens of Rolex watches, or Patek Philippe (i'm a watch guy, but that's insane what those cost), GP, JLC, etc. Simply for the reason like I have my $89 Seiko, it's a beater I wear when I work on my car, or do house/lawn work. I don't care if the watch is $50 bucks and made decently, as long as it's not made in China. Another influence is Military since you can't have a watch like an Apple Watch or Garmin that have GPS or anything like that. Most Military guys get base or one step up from base model G-Shocks because they can handle the abuse. It's kind of sunk into many people's minds, but now many watches use silicon/incabloc and are rated to 5,000Gs of force. I knew one guy who got a GMT Master II for a graduation present and decided, what the hell, wore it through 2 deployments, his basic training, Ranger school and didn't have a single issue with the watch. It's also useful because since it's a GMT, you can read multiple time zones. I'm a big fan of German watches as they have strict standards to allow the 'Made in Germany" logo. With Swiss watches, stick to the well known brands as unknown companies compile a watch made of everything made in winnie the pooh land and do final assembly in Switzerland and place the 'Swiss Made' label on it.

Most people don't understand how to use it, but watches like Breitling Navitimers or similar with Tachymeter numerals on the bezel can track speed. You just have to do some simple math. Something that kids now probably get confused when they see 2+2 and immediately pull out their iPhone.

I love my new Ball watch, and i've owned other Ball watches, but this one has 28 tritium gas tubes and it stays lit 24/7 for the 12, 6, 9 and not as bright, but on the indices as well and on the hands. That's the great thing about tritium, but it will eventually dim and need to be replaced at a rate much higher than Super LumiNova BGW9. Rolex uses Chromalight, which many have speculated is special blue version of Super LumiNova. I will say that Rolex spends a ton of money every year in R&D making unique compounds and creating things not used in watches before. Unlike Tudor, where you can buy a watch like my BB Bronze for $4400 new plus tax on their site, Rolex only sells them to ADs and you have to place yourself on a waiting list so you can pay MSRP. Technically Rolex watches are insanely expensive. A new OP 39mm is $6400, a 40mm Explorer is $7700. I know that is a lot to non watch people, but if want one now, an Explorer will cost you $12-$14k for a 2023 model that is new.

People can hate all they want on Rolex, but as of last year they still owned 25% of the watch market selling more than 1 million watches and netting more than 1 billion dollars. I do hate RSCs (Rolex Service Centers), they take their fatass time and they've gone from a base fee of $500 to $1000, that's not including if something needs to be fixed or replaced in your watch, but they do replace almost all seals and test everything and you get a watch back that is like having a factory new piece. Still, I can't justify that for some of my vintage Rolex watches. Maybe on an Explorer, Milgauss, or GMT II Master. The next closest competitor in market share was Omega, owned by Swatch, that made up 8% of the watches sold last year. That's a giant disparity. Don't get me wrong. I've owned nearly 15-17 Omega Seamaster and a couple Aqua Terras. They are excellent trade tools to close a deal. I try to always have a Seamaster in my collection just for that reason. Besides the independents, you really have the big three, LVMH, Swatch, and The Richemont Group. It's a fascinating hobby and not conducive to having money if your other hobby is owning performance cars lol.

Sorry if i'm a little all over the place. Some thoughts just enter my head and I just type them out as soon as I think of them.

Last edited:

coachL

Established Member
iu
Best clock out there

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a had a few nice Hamiltons, sold and traded them away unfortunately. I have about 12 watches right now, mostly luminox, Lumtec and Hamilton. My goal one day is a speedmaster.

Lum-Tec RPM 1 today

fa5f3e813b150c4f2075a152145d4295.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
And then there's this one, the exact opposite of all the super cool watches here:

1684439008554.png

It still works!

It's a promo item that was made by Buler for Recaro back in the 1970's. I got it new from the local Recaro sales rep. It's super lightweight - it's all plastic - the case is fiberglass and the strap is reinforced plastic. Manual wind only.

UPDATE: For years, I've believed it was Swatch, probably because that's what the Recaro rep said it was. Studying the back today, I found two things that were wrong in my initial post. First, the name "Buler" is on the strap. Otherwise, no indication of its provenance. The back of the watch itself says "Swiss Made" in big letters, but that's it. Second, the strap is actually removeable, but it's so tightly in place that it doesn't flex willingly. Also, since winding it yesterday morning, it looks like it's losing about 45 seconds a day. Not bad for an inexpensive watch that's 46 years old.

Last edited:

fitforspeed

Established Member
And then there's this one, the exact opposite of all the super cool watches here:

View attachment 1794141

It still works!

It's a promo item that was made by Swatch for Recaro back in the 1970's. I got it new from the local Recaro sales rep. It's super lightweight - it's all plastic with a one-piece band and case. Manual wind only.

Man I remember swatch from 80’s and 90’s. They made tons of cool watches back then. Anybody remember Gucci watches ?
Image1684443768.070732.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I just bought a used casio gst s110 ( i think that's the model) from another country yesterday. So far, that's my most expensive piece. Should be here in 8-11 days if it was a scam lol. I'm interested to see how I will like analog and the size.

In other news, my g shock adapters dont fit on my damn g shock. Awaiting an email from Barton Bands to resolve. If i get to keep them, ill just take away material until it fits.

I am looking into getting a cheap watch case to put in one of my master bathroom's drawers. I may run some LED rope lights in it like i did my big liberty safe.

I also polished my Fossil blue stainless watch I got around 1997. I broke the latch on the damn band. damnit.

bullitt2735

Established Member
8EE79132-3C5D-41FC-AC46-126E3E7A1731.jpeg
Forgot to post my moonswatch that took forever to track down. It is way overpriced for what it is but it’s still a fun toy that I hope brings more people in to the hobby. Also a speedmaster I’ve been eyeing lately.

Edit: added reference number because the picture I took doesn’t due it justice 329.92.43.51.10.001
342C552F-6874-46F5-8F30-D573A96E2663.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
You guys are lucky with your man-sized wrists. I have wrists the size of a 12yo Ethiopian girl.

I only have one watch, some titanium Seiko of some sorts cause it was the only men’s watch small enough that it didn’t look absolutely ridiculous on my arm.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Daily Beater #1: G Shock - I probably wear it 50-60% of days.

IMG_2500.JPG

Daily Beater #2: Tag Heuer Formula 1 - I love this watch. Simple daily watch. I wear this probably about 40% of days.

IMG_2499.JPG

Shinola Argonite 1069 - I’m originally from Michigan and these are pretty popular there since they are made in Detroit. They are made very well, cool story and its my only watch with a leather band currently.

IMG_2503.JPG

Tag Heuer Carrera Day Date - I bought this watch when I received a fairly big promotion years ago. This was also the watch i was wearing when i was married. It was the first watch i really fell in love with instantly and that made me kinda get into watches.

IMG_2502.JPG

Omega Seamaster PO 43.5mm - This was a grail watch for me and has been for awhile. Two years ago i started a new job and it was quite the salary bump plus a decent size bonus. I called my AD and he was willing to work with me on the price some so i jumped.

IMG_2505.JPG

I really cut my collection over the last year. Had 15, now down to 5. The other 10 i just never really wore and were older. Older Tags, Brietling’s and 2 Oris’s.

There are 5-6 other grail watches I really want to add. The first one on that list is an OG orange Omega PO in 42mm on the oem rubber strap. I absolutely love that watch. I’m really just waiting to find one either unworn or in minty mint condition.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

13'5.0

Established Member
Just kinda getting into the watch game. Never wore one up until now. Age 40. My wife bought me a really sharp Bulova a couple weeks ago. Really sharp gold watch. I'll post a pic tonight. Once you start wearing one, you kinda feel naked when you don't.

Users who are viewing this thread