Are there any nitrous builds out there?

rotarymagic

Established Member
There are lots of forced induction builds, but I haven't really seen much attention paid to serious nitrous mills. Has anyone built anything for 500 or so in gas? If not, what kind of exotic components would it take to pull it off? I'm trying to gauge if I want to go this route as I have seen a 300 shot on a stock Boss longblock (and built coyote motor), but I want to see where the limit is with an aftermarket purpose built coyote/roadrunner motor.

NitrousExpress

Established Member
Well to be able to spray that much, you would pretty much want to have a direct port, that has one nozzle per runner, so that you can tune each cylinder safely. Most guys would also want to run a progressor, for both the traction control, and for safety reasons. Blow By racing will have some first hand experience with alot of nitrous on a coyote, 2 direct ports worth, in fact! This is just the nitrous part of it, you'll have to have a motor that can flow that much nitrous. :)

-Garrett

rotarymagic

Established Member
Coyote Modified car? I can't wait for that class to see some serious nitrous entries.

twistedneck

Established Member
I've also been wondering about this it seems like the next area to go super fast. How would you set the compression up vs. a turbo or NA only?

Reaper317

Established Member
how much are people running on a stock motor? im about to run 125, everyone on the other forum i visit say 150 is max on a stock set up. Since i have to get a bap for my e85, might as well look into bigger injectors and a bigger shot if the motor will take it. any input?

LOUDCOYOTE

Established Member
Mine let go on a 150 zex kit on the stock bottom end, broke the rod in half, been running the 150 for over a year now. Building a nitrous engine and trans now to hold a 400 direct port with a stand alone fuel system

twistedneck

Established Member
Mine let go on a 150 zex kit on the stock bottom end, broke the rod in half, been running the 150 for over a year now. Building a nitrous engine and trans now to hold a 400 direct port with a stand alone fuel system

What were you putting down to the wheels with the zex kit? specifically what torque? do you think there was any detonation? got a picture of the rod? like to hear about the new short block you are building also.. thanks!

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
how much are people running on a stock motor? im about to run 125, everyone on the other forum i visit say 150 is max on a stock set up. Since i have to get a bap for my e85, might as well look into bigger injectors and a bigger shot if the motor will take it. any input?

We like to keep it around a 150 on stock motors which has seemed to hold strong. I have personally been spraying for over a year on that shot.

We just tuned a built bottom end 2011 using a Plate and a Fogger kit. Car was also running the NX stand A-lone fuel system. Ended up with just using a 200 shot which made making 603hp / 634trq. Car is an auto with a converter. Should see track results once he gets back home wiht it.

fangs99

Established Member
got a buddy that was running a 150rwhp shot on his 11 5.0. stock converter, suspension, 4.10 gears, boss mani, jlt cai, O/R X and drag radials, equled 6.50's in the 1/8.

stroked mach

Established Member
I have a mach and its stroked and built for a 200, its on a 175 now and made 535,575 on a small tune , im soon to go e85 and a 200 with a stand alone fuel system and a plate kit

LOUDCOYOTE

Established Member
i dont have pics of it, i was just running the pis out of it on the stock bottom end, chasing a number!! this build is a 13 block diamond pistons manley rods, arp2000 bolts, total seal ap rings, boss exh cam stock intake steeda cai, cold plugs, 47lb injectors, billet oil pump gears, billet timing crank sprocket, arp head studs, full borla exhaust, stand alone fuel fuel system for the n2o, direct port system, 2 step, trans brake, a custom nitrous converter, 355 gears, upr drag launch kit, poly mounts, adjustable uppers and lowers, et radial pros, minor weight reduction, valve cover breathers, exedy stage 2 clutches and mid shaft. will be running between a 300 to 400 shot progressively controlled off a push button

LOUDCOYOTE

Established Member
going for 9.3s has any vendors done a build similar to this??? results will be appreciated,... im looking for a sponsor as well, just saying!! lol

Last edited:

twistedneck

Established Member
i dont have pics of it, i was just running the pis out of it on the stock bottom end, chasing a number!! this build is a 13 block diamond pistons manley rods, arp2000 bolts, total seal ap rings, boss exh cam stock intake steeda cai, cold plugs, 47lb injectors, billet oil pump gears, billet timing crank sprocket, arp head studs, full borla exhaust, stand alone fuel fuel system for the n2o, direct port system, 2 step, trans brake, a custom nitrous converter, 355 gears, upr drag launch kit, poly mounts, adjustable uppers and lowers, et radial pros, minor weight reduction, valve cover breathers, exedy stage 2 clutches and mid shaft. will be running between a 300 to 400 shot progressively controlled off a push button

Excellent specs.. $$$$.. can you elaborate on the billet timing sprocket? I've never heard of those - do stock ones fail in the coyote?

Users who are viewing this thread