Are there and Roofers out there?

COBRA97SVT

Established Member
Hey guys Ive done a few roofs on the side lately. I know how to do the work, just a little behind on the quoting process. $250 a sq is a number I hear a lot but what price per sheeting that needs replaced? How much should I charge for removal of 1 layer of shingles? 2 layers? 3?:cuss:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
No idea for roofing, but when I use to do painting, we always figured $250 a day per man (labor only).

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
$250 per sq ft seems high when things like tile and laminate are $1 per sq installed around here.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Not a sq foot, a roofing square.
I didn't know how to explain it so did a quick search.
A square is the number of shingles it would take to cover 100 square feet of roof area with each row of shingles covering the tabs of the layer below it.

Last edited:

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
A square is the number of shingles it would take to cover 100 square feet of roof area with each row of shingles covering the tabs of the layer below it.

OK. That makes more sense.

That makes me think when I had 3 shingles replaced last year for $180 I got screwed.

Last edited:

Rct851

Established Member
I'm a salesman for a roofing company in houston. I'll sell a roof at anywhere from $200-$220 per squate depending on house height, steepness, how cut up it is with valleys and hips. That Is for a 30yr architextual shingle. I include 3 sheets of plywood in te job and $40 per sheet after that. Tha price also includes a 1 layer year off, $10 extra per square for a 2 later take off.

Last edited:

COBRA97SVT

Established Member
Right roughly 3 bundles of shingles per square.

I'm a salesman for a roofing company in houston. I'll sell a roof at anywhere from $200-$220 per squate depending on house height, steepness, how cut up it is with valleys and hips. That Is for a 30yr architextual shingle. I include 3 sheets of plywood in te job and $40 per sheet after that. Tha price also includes a 1 layer year off, $10 extra per square for a 2 later take off.
Sending you a PM

Users who are viewing this thread