Are the optional Recaro in Mustang GT the same dimensions as in Boss 302 and GT500?

ldc1955

Established Member
All, apologies in advance if I missed this topic after searching, but I am hoping to learn if the optional Recaro seats one gets with 2015 and later Mustang GT are the same as or different from the Recaro (or Recaro-style) seats that come on the Boss 302 and/or GT500. I tried the ones in the regular GT and found the lower bolster section of the seat back were too narrow for my upper torso.

The photos I have seen of Recaro seats in the Boss 302 and GT500 look generally similar but I am wondering if anyone happens to know if they might provide a bit more width between the lower bolsters or if the lower bolsters might narrow at a lower point along one's torso, leaving more of the wider, unbolstered space toward the top of the seat above where the bolsters end. I know there is nothing like trying all of them out, but haven't been able to do so as yet and would appreciate any experience or impressions you might have to help shed light on this question. Thanks. --Leigh

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I can't say whether they are exactly the same or not, but the 15's foam is softer. I find them less supportive than the older models.

impactblue

Established Member
I can't say whether they are exactly the same or not, but the 15's foam is softer. I find them less supportive than the older models.

I went from a 13 Shelby with recaros. Just picked up a new 5.0 with recaros. They are more narrow around my sides and wider down on my butt

I'm fat so I feel all the changes lol. They are an improvement imo

Users who are viewing this thread