Are high fuel prices affecting your department policies?

jf4boogie

Established Member
GoMart around here is the same way. They say they will NOT go to a pre-pay system because they believe that they're getting more patronage because people don't like to pre-pay. :shrug:

IMO it (prepay only) is a pain in the ass if you would like to completely fill up. You cant guess how much its going to cost, so if you over pay, you have to go BACK inside again to get change.

Nate14120

Established Member
IMO it (prepay only) is a pain in the ass if you would like to completely fill up. You cant guess how much its going to cost, so if you over pay, you have to go BACK inside again to get change.

How many trade businesses are there where you can get your product outside of the place of payment before paying without any collateral? The whole idea is old and out of date like a full service station. Sooner or later ALL stations will be prepay only.

I work for a small c-store/truck stop chain, granted, I'm the IT department and not operations, but I know how much we lose in drive offs each year. Last year it was $100,000 in total. Might not seem like a lot to a company like Wells Fargo, but to an 8 store chain, it certainly isn't overlooked.

However! You will not have to come inside before at any decent station. There are loyalty programs, which I'm currently in the middle of, which you can get your driver's license attached to. Then when you come to the station, you scan the card, pump, then pay. If you drive off, we have all the information we need to prosecute.

So next time you feel like bitching at your local station, know they probably only make 7-10 cents per gallon before credit card fees. Yes, things are changing. Deal with it!

TJSwoboda

Established Member
In my area, if pay at the pump doesn't work, then you are taking your happy butt inside to pay cash or finding another pump. You would think states would put this into legislation.
Yeah, don't let gas stations choose their own policies and assume their own risks. Let's give it up for authoritarianism! :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread