-Are Dayco belts any good?

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
Hi all,

I'm in need of a new belt due to adding some new pulley's, etc.

I don't feel like waiting on something to ship so I'm looking at a 75" belt and trying to find local autoparts stores that sell them.

Napa sells their version of the Gates
No one around sells the Gatorbacks

Autozone carries a Dayco brand...

Anyone know if the Dayco brand is any good?

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
Dayco is a company like gates, they make belts, pulleys, hoses, etc. I think most people have the best luck with the Gates or the Gatorbacks so I would just stick to those.

matt87

Established Member
have a 75" dayco gold on mine for almost 2 summers. the gates belt i had before it started the usual chirp after 1 month. i dont see what all the hype about gates belts is unless you like the sound of birds alot.

JSTBCUZ

Established Member
Had numorous dayco belts on my car, always made chirping sounds, and would slip. Changed to a gatorback and no more.

BLU3VN0M

SVT Addict
Established Member
Running one right now. I planned on throwing that one on just to get my car running after my build, havent changed it yet. Quiet, and no slip for me.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Dayco belts are very good. As you can see, a lot of people here use them. You won't be unhappy at all.

big dad

Established Member
I've always run Dayco belts since the day when other belts would flip upside down on my small block Chevy II. They cured the problem.

chuckstang

Established Member
If anyone has any Dayco specific questions, feel free to PM me. I'm a rep for the New England area.

They are a premium belt just like Gates. Gates and Dayco is sort of like the Chevy vs Ford argument.

FWIW, Dayco makes 99% all of the OEM Ford belts and pulleys, been to the factory and seen it myself, very cool facility. They even had an area designated solely to the road runner project.

VancityCobra21

Established Member
I just recently bought a Dayco belt and installed it on my Cobra last Saturday, so far I've had no problems.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Chuck, nice to see that you're a Dayco rep who is a member here. Manufacturer reps can be very helpful.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
I ran my dayco belt with 21psi of boost. only broke one but I believe it was installed improperly the first time. the second is still going strong and I beat the shit out of my car.

dayco is a good belt

TRBO VNM

That is what I run all the time now. Had many issues with the napa belts squealing a lot after 50 miles. I think the screening process they use to put the labels on the belts changed because the surface is slicker there and raised just a bit.

So now I just use dayco and for good measure I take some sandpaper and just go over the labels a little bit.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
If anyone has any Dayco specific questions, feel free to PM me. I'm a rep for the New England area.

They are a premium belt just like Gates. Gates and Dayco is sort of like the Chevy vs Ford argument.

FWIW, Dayco makes 99% all of the OEM Ford belts and pulleys, been to the factory and seen it myself, very cool facility. They even had an area designated solely to the road runner project.

This!:rockon:

As some of you may know I spent most of my working years as a Ford or Lincoln Mercury parts guy. Dayco for sure has a very long history of being an OE supplier of rubber parts for FOMOCO.

They are for sure a top quality belt! Not the only rubber part supplier for Ford, but a very significant one indeed.:rockon::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread