are cheap no-name 'racing' seats worth it?

mnewxcv

Established Member
I've come to find the stock seats in my 96 cobra leave a lot to be desired when it comes to cornering. They're very comfortable, but don't really hold me in place. I can pick up some seats pretty cheap locally, just some no namers from the look of it. Do you think they are worth getting, or should I just save my money until I can afford a name brand seat?

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Good question, and one I would like to know. I also want to use my factory brackets.

I think racing seats would sit lower, which is something I need.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

shurur

Established Member
For me any set of seats for $300 is better than the oem.
And anything that uses sparco sliders and brackets sets you up for better seats later.

Or maybe just jump to Sparco R100 at ~$300 each.

I am still running with APC for now..14 years now.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I'd be concerned with the safety of those eBay seats.
In the he event of an accident, do you trust that they will hold up and keep you safe? I'm saving for some Corbeaus.

chao5.0

Established Member
For just replacements most likely but a set of Corbeau is cheap and less of a gamble than a ebay set. Now if this is for racing purposes then the general rule is if you can't afford the safety equipment then you cannot afford to go racing, period.

Brad00L

Established Member
I'm going to purchase TMI pro-chicane seats for my 95 cobra. They reasonable price and match well. I'll let you know how they do.

98 Cobra Vert

Established Member
I'm going to purchase TMI pro-chicane seats for my 95 cobra. They reasonable price and match well. I'll let you know how they do.
Hey Brad00L, I'm interested in the those also. Can you post about them once you have tham installed and have had some driving time with them. They look reaaly BA but I want to get mine reskinned with something other than the vinyl that they come with.

Sent from my SM-T580 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread