Are 315's possible on the rear of a 03-04 Cobra???

MisterChrome

Established Member
ITS ALIVE! Glad to see this thread return. I have plans for 315s for summer time! So can we fit 315s on 03-04 cobras?

JK lol....great info!

xneric

RickyRacer
Established Member
315 Goodyears on 10.5 replica FR500's. Button bolt, no spacers. Slight rub on fender lip, and left side button bolt, but no damage to tires after 3K miles.

315s.gif

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
I just put the 315 555rs on today and it ALMOST hooks in 1st, hold on when you hit 2nd they hook and it being about 75* down here today helps with the hook also. i like them so far ill get some pics after i wash the car if it doesnt rain again.

xneric

RickyRacer
Established Member
Rub on the fender lip with no spacers??? Would that be at the top of the tire?
From about 1-3 o'clock. I sanded the lip back to the spot welds...about a quarter inch which was past the rubber marks. A little touch up paint on the bare edges, and it's not noticeable. Like I said...slight.

Last edited:

Teal Terminator

Established Member
Anybody tried the 315/35R17 M/T DR yet? How do these compare in size to the Nittos? Will they fit without a spacer or at all?

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Very informative and well illustrated post TOPFUEL. I appreciate the positive and constructive comments made by MOST of the other contributors as well. Thank you for taking the time. I have bookmarked this thread as I will be shopping for wider rear tires soon. Much appreciated.
Ray H.

CompOrangeCobra

Established Member
Has anybody tried the 315/35R17 M/T DR on a stock 9inch wheel? I want to stick with a dr but want to go as wide as I can with the stock wheels. Nittos...been there done that...will do again if no options besides moving up to 10.5s. I'll be doing the irs bolt mod/grind soon. Sorry for the jack but its still in the same relm.

CompOrangeCobra

Established Member
Can I put 315s on the stock wheels?

Now lets talk about the widest 315s out there: BFG and Goodyear. These 315s are nearly a full inch wider than Nitto 315s. Can you put Goodyear/BFG 315s on stock wheels? Yes. Will it bulge a lot more than the Nittos do? Absolutely. You'll have to make the decision for yourself whether you think this is acceptable. Here are pics of BFG 315s on the stock wheel:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Just wondering, if I go the route of 315 bfgs on the stock wheels out back (I don't mind the tire bulge ), what size spacers would be needed. The 10.5s must have a deeper backspacing than the 9s thus needing a thicker spacer when running the same size tire right? :shrug:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
...if I go the route of 315 bfgs on the stock wheels out back (I don't mind the tire bulge ), what size spacers would be needed.
You probably won't need any wheel spacer if you are sticking with the stock wheels. I guess there's a chance that you might have issues with the tire possibly rubbing the IRS bolt when the rear suspension is unloaded...but even that may not be a problem with the stock wheels.

CompOrangeCobra

Established Member
I guess there's a chance that you might have issues with the tire possibly rubbing the IRS bolt when the rear suspension is unloaded...but even that may not be a problem with the stock wheels.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, thats what I was thinking too but was unsure. Once I get the tires mounted I'll do the irs bolt mod/grind for safe measure and let everyone know how it went, I'll try to post up some pics too. Thanks again Top Fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread