April 2nd SIR drag strip Tucson, Az

RedFire2003

Established Member
Juat want to let everyone know ther is a Test and Tune at SIR this friday gates open at 5pm. Ill be there for sure! Hope for some more Cobra owners to show up. Admission is $20.00 per car. Other then that I will be out cruising Saterday night and would love to have a few other 03's with me :) had 3 last weekend :rockon:

AzDropTop

Established Member
Sister in law is in town, but I may head out for awhile. What time are you guys going over? No laughing at my 15 either. LOL:p

Hey Redfire, your car was born on my B-day day. :rolling:

Last edited:

RedFire2003

Established Member
I always try to get there around 5-5:30 so I can get some runs in before everyone gets there. I usaully stay all night also. I have another friend witha 99 that will be going also :)

AzDropTop

Established Member
Originally posted by RedFire2003
I always try to get there around 5-5:30 so I can get some runs in before everyone gets there. I usaully stay all night also. I have another friend witha 99 that will be going also :)

Cool. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. I'll bring along my digicam to get some pics and a few videos to share with the SVT boys and girls. Hope to see you there...
Rick

RedFire2003

Established Member
Well the car broke down today right after I left holmes tuttle :( it didnt actually break down I was able to drive it back to the dealer I was on the way to the dealer to pick up a air filter for my F-150 and it was rainging and i kept hearing a ticking noise thought it was just a wet belt so I kept going got to the dealer no problems made appointment to have t-stat changed for monday and then left after talking to all the service people that always come over and look at the car :) and the further I got from the dealer the louder the noise got. I was sitting at a light and heard a really bad knock and then the car start running really weird. So I pulled over and popped the hood didnt see anything thought I threw a rod at first it sounded so bad. Then after shutting her down saw that the lower Idler pulley the one between the crank pulley and the alternator was half gone. The dealer said it is probly a warranty issue but its not something in stock so no car for this weekend :( I may drive my little MR2 out to the track to have fun with it though.

AzDropTop

Established Member
Originally posted by RedFire2003
Well the car broke down today right after I left holmes tuttle :( it didnt actually break down I was able to drive it back to the dealer I was on the way to the dealer to pick up a air filter for my F-150 and it was rainging and i kept hearing a ticking noise thought it was just a wet belt so I kept going got to the dealer no problems made appointment to have t-stat changed for monday and then left after talking to all the service people that always come over and look at the car :) and the further I got from the dealer the louder the noise got. I was sitting at a light and heard a really bad knock and then the car start running really weird. So I pulled over and popped the hood didnt see anything thought I threw a rod at first it sounded so bad. Then after shutting her down saw that the lower Idler pulley the one between the crank pulley and the alternator was half gone. The dealer said it is probly a warranty issue but its not something in stock so no car for this weekend :( I may drive my little MR2 out to the track to have fun with it though.

That sucks bro! How is Homles Tutle with warranty work with mods? I live on the East side and really don't care for Jim Click. I have the feeling the weather is going to ruin the night anyway. We will have to try again sometime.

Damn rain.....I know the tracks closed tonight....Red...sorry about your car man...hope you get it on the road soon!!!! Maybe we can cruz tomarrow night....Hope it doesn't rain again!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread