Anything Fun Going On In Tucson?

Non_Sequitor

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm new to the site, but not to Mustangs or Tucson. Since I've been here, there really doesn't seem to be much of a car culture here. Other than the occasional Stop-Light Grand Prix and a few guys that run down Aviation every now and then, is there any kind of organized or semi-organized happenings going on? Frankly, this town has been pretty boring to me, so I thought I'd reach out and see what ya'll had to say. Thanks for any info! :burnout:

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
go to in n out on broadway and kolb around 10-11 on a saturday night theres usually alot of people crusin around and what not. a few mustangs mainly ricers/imports but some mustangs and some muscle.

SVT_ DRiX

Established Member
I still dont or havent hung out with any car people here in town. The only groups I see out are the kids and their honda's... at that In and Out... I went once, but I just wanted a burger, lol.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
i think i talked to you at merles before? youre the guy who works at ford right? theres a few 03-04 cobras im the only sn-95 cobra i dont go out all the time tho but its probably gonna start getting bigger since the weather is starting to get a bit nicer out.

Non_Sequitor

Established Member
I don't think it was me you were talking to, though I have been to Merle's quite often. I work out on the base. I used to work out at SIR too, but I haven't in quite some time. I've been to In & Out before, but, frankly, I really dislike most of the idiots that go there on Saturday night. Please don't think I mean that about everyone there, but, mostly, the highschool import crowd just irritates me most of the time. I've seen some nice cars, and met some cool people, I just rarely go because of the "Ricers" (for lack of a better word).

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I'm not too far outside of Tucson if you guys decide to do a meet. Anybody interested in getting a handful of us together for some friendly roll/dig runs? I know a place we can rent to go have some fun at.

SVT_ DRiX

Established Member
i think i talked to you at merles before? youre the guy who works at ford right? theres a few 03-04 cobras im the only sn-95 cobra i dont go out all the time tho but its probably gonna start getting bigger since the weather is starting to get a bit nicer out.

You bought the red Cobra, right? and know Matt? If you're that guy, then yeah. Thats me. I sold my 97 GT in January and got the 04 Cobra!

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Whatsup Tuscon guys? I'm further up north in Chandler; and there isn't much of a mustang scene here either? It's every man for himself. I go to Tuscon once in a while; sister and some friends go to UA. If you guys do plan a meet or something let me know I'd be okay with driving down when I'm free. Especially after May 10th or so. Maybe a cruise to Mt. Lemon?

any SN95 Cobras? There's hardly any around.

SVT Drix I remember you from sn95 forums jimidrix. What an upgrade huh? lol

SVT_ DRiX

Established Member
Whatsup Tuscon guys? I'm further up north in Chandler; and there isn't much of a mustang scene here either? It's every man for himself. I go to Tuscon once in a while; sister and some friends go to UA. If you guys do plan a meet or something let me know I'd be okay with driving down when I'm free. Especially after May 10th or so. Maybe a cruise to Mt. Lemon?

any SN95 Cobras? There's hardly any around.

SVT Drix I remember you from sn95 forums jimidrix. What an upgrade huh? lol

Yeah thats me! One hell of an upgrade, thats for sure! lol. I've wanted an 03/04 Cobra for years though, since they first came out. But I was a kid then, and no way could I ever afford a new car. Ive always kept my eye out though, and lucky me, one came along that was exactly what I wanted and everything worked out pretty well.

Non_Sequitor

Established Member
all these cobra guys exist in tucson?

I see Cobras of some type almost everyday. For awhile there, I saw what I thought was my wife's Redfire '04 Cobra like twice a day because there were two others that lived in close proximity to us. Here on the base, I run into modified Mustangs on a regular basis, not to mention all the Vettes and F-Bodies out here too. That's why I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be more of an organized car culture here other than the kids that go to In & Out on Saturday night. There used to be the Sonoran Musclecar guys, but I never really fit in with them either, so I guess I'm just slap out of luck.:shrug:

Mystic03

Established Member
sonoranmusclecars...havnt heard that name in years lol that was prob only good club/group of guys till they all sold or left the area

Non_Sequitor

Established Member
I don't know if any of them are still around. I only hung out a few times when they were at the Sonic downtown and at Townsends. I'm sure there are, but I didn't really get to know any of them too well.

Jefe

Established Member
all these cobra guys exist in tucson?
Not possible

SonoranMuscleCar guys are all on DesertStreetCars now.

So who has the Torch Red vert? Ive seen this guy 4 times and can even get him to wave/rev or anything.

Mystic03

Established Member
Not possible

SonoranMuscleCar guys are all on DesertStreetCars now.

So who has the Torch Red vert? Ive seen this guy 4 times and can even get him to wave/rev or anything.

well only a handfull of the originals lol
theres a mystic vert by my side some older guy though

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Yeah thats me! One hell of an upgrade, thats for sure! lol. I've wanted an 03/04 Cobra for years though, since they first came out. But I was a kid then, and no way could I ever afford a new car. Ive always kept my eye out though, and lucky me, one came along that was exactly what I wanted and everything worked out pretty well.

:rockon: Hell yeah! That's great that you made your dream come true. That's pretty awesome no doubt. You found a really great deal as well; oxford white termis are the best! Hopefully my termi dream will come true when I'm a little older lol, for now the 97 cobra will do I guess lol

Hmm the times I've gone down to Tucson I've seen a lot imports. Never really any muscle. I did see Jefe's car a few times though lol, SY with black CCWs= sex. Mystic and another guy from Tucson have come up to the pavilions in Scottsdale too.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
You bought the red Cobra, right? and know Matt? If you're that guy, then yeah. Thats me. I sold my 97 GT in January and got the 04 Cobra!

yeah i got the sn95 cobra we talked for a bit but yeah i saw that you sold it cause it had paper plates at the import face off thing lol

i see i think jefe pass my work WOT like 2 or 3 times a week haha and a mystic sn95 cobra rollin around a few others like a black sn95 vert parked at burger king all the time and then a comp orange termi roaring slow down tanque verde

i think a big mustang meet up would be sick, in n out is fun sometimes but only when you're with a big crowd of non gay cars which is kinda rare cause there is a bunch of dumbasses in hondas that run their mouth or do 2 step dump clutch in the parking lot followed by reverse donuts

Jefe

Established Member

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
i work at jack furrier on bear canyon btw i love the how your car looks those wheels are awesome.

ive chased him down a few times too hes got outta state plates. he gave me thumbs up.

Users who are viewing this thread