Anyone work at SCT? I need help with my X4

blownfox

Established Member
I keep getting a upload error (110B8) every time I try to upload a new tune or even a stock file from SCT. It happens instantly within seconds it cant even begin to save the stock file. I was asking around locally to see if anyone had another device I could try and come to find out they are having the same error message as me. In the remote tuning process i have done this at least 30 times and never seen this issue. I also did the big update from last week and not sure if its tied to that or not.

I have had SCT on the phone almost every day during my lunch and they do not know if its the device or the car. My device is locked for canned tunes so i cannot even try it on my daily truck. However I can pull vehicle/s info and read codes from the X4. If anyone has any input or works at SCT please let me know.

Thank you!

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
SCT has recently made a few big changes. I do not plan to update the firmware on my X4. What you are experiencing is what I'm afraid of.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I had a buddy who was having all kinds of issues with his tune he was getting from a tuner. SCT was of not much help. It turned out, it was the tunes that he was being sent causing the issues. This was about a month ago. He had done the firmware updates and such. I don't know if the tune he was trying to load from his tuner didn't jive with the recent update to his X4 or what. He went to another tuner and had no more issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Cant help with that error but my used X4 I bought bricked itself while trying to update it over wifi; communications error. It would always say that no matter if it was powered by usb or obd.

I found some threads where people had the same issue; one guy sent his into SCT and it turned out the SD card inside it wasn't seated all the way into the slot. I banged mine on the desk and it started working again.

For $400, for a new one, you think they'd be of better quality. I feel like my xcal 2 is more robust than this X4.

96gt02

Established Member
If you have a good working SCT tuner and you car is tuned you should never updated it unless your trying to sell the tuner or something, there is absolutely no benefit to updating a tuner thats working properly on a car with a finished tune, literally only bad things can happen, nothing good will come from an update and they actually recently removed some user adjustable features in the updates so by updating you can actually lost features and possibly bricked the device for no reason.

96gt02

Established Member
Also when you say its locked canned tunes are you just saying that the canned tunes are disabled? If so just go to settings and do a factory reset on the device and it will enable canned tunes again, however it wipes out all custom tunes as well so make sure you have them on your computer.

blownfox

Established Member
I only updated the device becuase my battery volts drop and the car didnt complete the upload of the final tune. I've replaced the battery and had to work with SCT to force flash the car back to stock. SCT has been very helpfull but then dont know if its the car or device.

Yes canned tunes are disabled. I guess at this point, i should look for another way to tune my car.

Sent from my SM-G920P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

96gt02

Established Member
Just do a factory reset under device settings and then you will have access to canned tunes, it literally takes 3 seconds to do.

Users who are viewing this thread