Anyone with the Holley Dominator system?

MalcolmV8

Established Member
4 inputs is so restrictive, I'd never do that. Definitely get the Dominator. I forget what I had on the MS3 but I quickly used those up and had to add an additional IO box via CAN to get more inputs and outputs.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I’ve been thinking about doing a project with a Holley Dominator system. Def would like to hear more opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
I’ve decided to go with a Holley dominator, 7” and pull the factory wiring out. It’s about 80lbs of wire and junk believe it or not. Good 150lbs weight saving between that and the seats I’m planning.

I went for the dash because keeping the factory cluster meant piggy backing the stock computer but I didn’t like the limitations personally.

I’m going Dominator all out for the 8 ports so I can do boost by driveshaft speed backed by a wheel speed sensor, or boost by rpm, but most importantly for hooking up widebands and sensors for spark or fuel cut, retard ignition, manage boost spike or drop, etc etc

The stock computer is very limited and very dangerous with high hp builds. Lose a reluctor wheel on the stock computer and kiss some stuff good by. With a properly outfitted dominator/tertiary components, it would pull fuel and retard timing immediately and save the mill.

I know @SlowSVT meant well but honestly having researched for hours, the stock computer is very dangerous for high hp builds.

I made 1208whp on a stock computer scaled tables and sct piggy backed from an expert. 96% fuel trim. That’s 1/25 cycles being off... builders words “never drive that file, it’s a dyno file with me in the car doing the pull so I can shut it off if my equipment picks up knock”

Eatonualive281

Established Member
Yeah, Im also going with the Dominator. Sky is the limit with all the extra inputs and outputs. It will control virtually anything lol. Much safer than the stock ecu no question.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
I love that the lcd is fully programmable. You can hop on an editor like adobe illustrator and make anything you want as a background.

Also, ya the 7” is small, but just get a nice bezel background and put some physical gauge pods there, he’ll throw your boost controller, truboost, Ngauge or wideband and pods in tastefully spaced/set.

I can’t find an image this second of what I’m saying but you can get the idea from these, with the 7” digital dash obviously taking the place of the analogue speedo/rpm

B542D37B-6A86-4615-B776-E0F0980F0EF6.jpeg

5479BDF0-EF96-424A-8FF2-FCB7E39B69A0.jpeg

Edit much closer
DE6F42C6-4218-41F0-8586-7EDEAC0BB42B.jpeg

Last edited:

Eatonualive281

Established Member
Yeah thats really nice. Holley makes a larger screen now but the 7in is perfect imo. My intentiion was to use the DD and a gauge or two just like that pic! Awesome stuff right there!

Does the Holley ecu have a display for fuel level?

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
I make a mount for the 7" And 12" screens. They are $45 shipped.
I bought my 12" Holley dash from Finish Line.
d3bajg-5hJBHpc5jsnex95LowtpbZFmh47OVzJQg350oclzJlzpKDNpwl81lS16DZUNU12q7IWcXi5DO7A=w1257-h942-no.jpg

Last edited:

D-MANN

Established Member
Whats the average price a guy would spend converting over to a HP? I wanted to build a shortblock but now thinking I should do this first. Car currently makes 800rwhp with a hellion single turbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread