Anyone with the Holley Dominator system?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I drove my 1000hp street car to work this morning. I just need to fix why the digital readout for MPH isn't working. I have configured the screen to have the things I view most relevant....RPM, MPH, A/F, Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure, Coolant Temp, Boost, and Manifold Air Temp. The data you get here is far more relevant than the dummy gauges in the factory cluster.

20160831_081916_HDR_PerfectlyClear_zpsherfjkrx.jpg

No disrespect, just honest opinion - I'm pretty underwhelmed with how that looks. i wasn't expecting a perfect fit with every mm of the stock gauge area to be screen, but I did think it would be a larger screen.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
No disrespect, just honest opinion - I'm pretty underwhelmed with how that looks. i wasn't expecting a perfect fit with every mm of the stock gauge area to be screen, but I did think it would be a larger screen.

They are definitely an acquired taste. If you search online you'll see all kinds of variations of screens and sizes. Some aftermarket more expensive ones and quite a few that just use an old Android tablet and convert into a dash. My son loves them and can't wait to swap out his cluster for one. Myself I'm more old school and love the look of analog gauges.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Eh, no worries. The pic doesn't really do it justice. I'm getting to the point now where looks are secondary to other things. The data this provides is something I need for the level of performance I'm at. Factory gauges are essentially worthless dummy gauges. This provides real time and most importantly REAL data I can view at any given time, especially at WOT.

If you have Facebook, check out Steinman Performance. He makes a super nice, factory looking Holley dash mount that gives this a much more finished/factory look. I might pick one up at Mod Nationals.

Eatonualive281

Established Member
What advantages does the Holley offer over the Haltech? Can they both be used in conjunction with the stock ECU and pass inspection via the obd2 port?

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
The Holley is much easier to tune on, it has the ability for the Davis traction control box (which is superior to the built in TC of the Haltech). Other than that it is mostly personal on how you feel about them and their software.

The Holley uses very little of the Factory ECU. It does not "plug into" the ECU it uses a harness to plug into certain sensors while the Haltech literally plugs in and piggy backs off the sensors and information from the factory ECU will being in complete control.

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
I have the Holley Dominator.
I made all of my stock gauges work except the coolant temp and oil pressure gauges.
I also went with the 5.7" touch screen. You can change the tune straight from it.
You cant change the tune with the larger touch screen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLTFRUUTOWA

cobra2547

Established Member
It's funny cuz I was just thinking of making the tach and speedo work and mounting the digital dash where you have it. I didn't realize there was a smaller screen to choose from. How do you like the Holley system? Do you have any pictures of the screen mounted?
Thanks

Z06KILLR

Established Member
Bringing this back from the dead - could you add how you got the factory gauges to work with the holley system?

papajoewill

Established Member
Such valuable info in this thread. I am debating between going holley or haltech myself. They are both a little bit of coin to get set up but as I'm seeing it's worth it. I hurt my motor and its obvious to me to spend the money in safety to myself as well as the car now that I'm doing it.

I have a lean protection module and vampire knock sensor currently but haven't installed either as I have been working on all aspects of my build at once. Motor is the current priority and will be to the builder at the beginning of the year.

So I know the vampire kit will work with a holley HP EFI but not sure about a dominator. I'm also unsure if the vampire would work with the haltech but will call them soon to see. I want to retain A/C so I will update with any info I find with that too. Hopefully I will be able to be in the cool kid ECU club soon.

Eatonualive281

Established Member
Bringing this thread back!

I have a few questions... For those of you that went with the Holley HP, do you regret it over not going with the Dominator? Im about to pull the trigger on the HP and the Digital Dash. The car is a TT TH400 setup on e85. What did you guys allocate to the 4 inputs and outputs? Thanks fellas.

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
There are a couple of HP's on facebook. One is $750 and the other is $800 plus shipping.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Everyone that I've talked to regrets NOT getting the Dominator due to lack of in and outputs.

Eatonualive281

Established Member
Yeah thats what keeps creeping up in my head. I'll never use 40 but the 4 will be used up in no time. I'd be good with 10 or so lol. No room for growth with the HP.

Users who are viewing this thread