Anyone with Roush tvs and Roush calibration?

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Rode in one today. It's not a tire frying monster that I was expecting. No other mods. Down low torque is very impressive , especially normal driving but the power doesn't feel like it should be 460rwhp like it should be. Anyone have any opinions on their ride in one similar?

It actually still hooks quite well in first and second.

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
I have an '11 5XR thats not too shabby. Its not as fast as my whippled '07 was but for a stock tune that seems to run rich it shits and gets. I bought a tuner, pulley, intake, and plugs, just waiting for JDM to send me a tune so I install everything.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
I'm sure there alot more in the tune. I was just expecting more tire burning power than I've felt. It don't even blow the tires out in first. 3:31 car btw with stock cs tires.

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
I'm sure there alot more in the tune. I was just expecting more tire burning power than I've felt. It don't even blow the tires out in first. 3:31 car btw with stock cs tires.

I think you need a driver mod as well. 1st gear is a waste in these cars when you floor it. I can spin right into 3rd with no problem, with TC on. Even a stock GT can spin thru 1st gear.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Make no mistake, it can be made to spin.

Rode again, this time i drove. It feels good. Lots left in tune for sure. Really hits hard at 6k like there's a switch or something. Prolly leans out a little there. The 1-2 shift was downright hairy for a sec. Definitly more than stock by quite a bit but still alot left in tune it feels like. Maybe I'll have to talk in his other ear

dynasty_365

Established Member
Man 460rwhp eith a blower? People r getting that with bolt ons damn near. There's a lot left in that tune. I'd try another tune. That must b the 525 kit but I'm biased cuZ I want the 624 whipple kit lol

kevinp

Established Member
Even with a the 9psi pulley and a fairly aggressive tine I would not call this thing a 'tire frying monster.' Granted first gear is useless but on a warm street with 285 F1 Goodyears 40mph and up it just pulls like a rocket with the TC off. To me thats a good thing lol.

My old 2010 GT500 with the usual pulley/tune was hardly a tire smoker either, unless you wound it up and dumped the clutch..

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
the 525 kits get 460-480ish at wheels it seems. I'm absolutely certain that there is lots and lots of power to be had, in very useful places in the curve, from a good tune.

Thankskevin. That's what I suspected. I'm fairly certain one of Justin's tunes and an opened up inlet pipe is in the future. I was just curious what others thought.

Turbosixx

Established Member
Yeah first gear is useless, but you're right Kevin, it actually hooks halfway decent. Probably good enough to hurt some feeling on the street.

Bud

Established Member
Man 460rwhp eith a blower? People r getting that with bolt ons damn near. There's a lot left in that tune. I'd try another tune. That must b the 525 kit but I'm biased cuZ I want the 624 whipple kit lol

People get too hung up on peak numbers and forget about the power/tq under the curve. A quick ride in each, or a graph overlay should quickly point out where the blower car is making power that the bolt on car isn't (pretty much everywhere).

Even with a the 9psi pulley and a fairly aggressive tine I would not call this thing a 'tire frying monster.' Granted first gear is useless but on a warm street with 285 F1 Goodyears 40mph and up it just pulls like a rocket with the TC off. To me thats a good thing lol.

My car with the roushcharger on about 7psi is a tire fryer on the stock 235's, but that is just 1st gear or a hard downshift to 1st or 2nd (auto car). At around 9psi my car is worthless below 40mph or any decent downshift even on 265 mickey thompsons. If I could hook half as good on the street as I do at the track I would be loving life. Once you start dropping down in pulley size on these the torque gains are ridiculous.

kevinp

Established Member
Thankskevin. That's what I suspected. I'm fairly certain one of Justin's tunes and an opened up inlet pipe is in the future. I was just curious what others thought.

I made a real mild tune for mine based on the Roush tune when the #8 thing started going on. You could really tell the difference, especially in the upper RPM range. If I would have started with that tune it wouldnt have been bad but I didnt like it and put VMP's tune back quickly. Switching to the 82mm pulley I just knocked a couple degrees of timing out and you can really feel the midrange come on strong with that pulley. 70-130mph on the highway feels like it did stock 0-60, its a blast. Its a little deceiving until you look at the speedo climbing fast.

My car with the roushcharger on about 7psi is a tire fryer on the stock 235's, but that is just 1st gear or a hard downshift to 1st or 2nd (auto car). At around 9psi my car is worthless below 40mph or any decent downshift even on 265 mickey thompsons. If I could hook half as good on the street as I do at the track I would be loving life. Once you start dropping down in pulley size on these the torque gains are ridiculous.

With the 235s and the 82mm pulley it will get them spinning on a 3-2 downshift at 40mph, if the street is asphalt or cold it could get bad enough where I would have to let off, the 285 Goodyears handle it pretty well though - at least in the summer.

Lot depends on the roads where you live and the temp, we are mostly concrete around here and if they are warm and not oiled down the 265 DRs will hook pretty decent off the line for me if they are warm. If the streets are cold, that changes everything of course.

kevinp

Established Member
Yeah first gear is useless, but you're right Kevin, it actually hooks halfway decent. Probably good enough to hurt some feeling on the street.

Its great fun on the street, if you leave the TC on you can do pretty well off the line as well with regular tires. I hurt quite a few people's feelings on the street in the last 7 months or so, since my car looks pretty plain I'm sure a lot of people figured there was something wrong with their car when I put bus lengths on them lol. Good for the local t00ners and dyno shops I guess :)

Users who are viewing this thread