Anyone with aftermarket hoods?

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
Hey guys, I was just wondering how many people have gone with aftermarket hoods on Machs? I was thinking of picking up a 95R hood, a stock Mach hood and filling the hole or a 00R hood and doing something with a factory looking stripe. I know some would be pissed but it wouldnt be a perminant thing. I was thinking about switching to the cowl style hood if I do half mile racing or similar events. It would definitely be Mach 1 styled just without the shaker.

My problem with my shaker is that now with the Eaton it doesnt filter any air coming in and the engine bay gets dirty really quickly. I made a little bracket and cut up a filter to fit but I noticed at higher speeds it gets messed up.

Anyways, does anyone have pics of different set ups?

Last edited:

Mattstang04

Established Member
I would always keep my shaker but for racing purposes, I always liked the look of the 95 cobra r hoods on new edge mustang. The clean lines match the hard lines of the cars body. I think they fit new edges better than early sn95.

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
I would always keep my shaker but for racing purposes, I always liked the look of the 95 cobra r hoods on new edge mustang. The clean lines match the hard lines of the cars body. I think they fit new edges better than early sn95.

I agree, and yeah I would definitely keep the shaker hood and shaker.

Users who are viewing this thread