Anyone with a ported Eaton near MS want to prove they can outrun a bolt on Mach 1

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
since then i have gotten the correct gear for it working on my tire situation, and i installed long tubes since then that run was with shorty headers 1 5/8s

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
well. that is about a school bus length there !
whats it trap ?

I can trap 98 mph in the 1/8 mile spinning everywhere in 1st gear with turrible 60' times, and without Torco. It's a 100+ mph 1/8 mile car if I would ever get the suspension able to dig. I posted a video in my previous post.

Last edited:

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
same problem with my fox. no intention on really running my cobra i just drive it daily stole it from a dealer cause it needed a clutch. i think i was at about 94 in the 8th when i ran on street tires. i went to watch a buddy my friends ended up nagging enough to make me take it down once and what do i get ? a blown head gasket lol. that was about 6 months ago tho and getting the shorty headers off woke it up quite a bit

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
for whatever reason it seems like any cobra any rear has a fit getting down the track well off the line. My old man has an 07 just reg gt and his gets crazy wheel hop. can't imagine a shelbys problem

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
I can trap 98 mph in the 1/8 mile spinning everywhere in 1st gear with turrible 60' times, and without Torco. It's a 100+ mph 1/8 mile car if I would ever get the suspension able to dig. I posted a video in my previous post.

98 is about 124 in the 1/4 correct?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
98 is about 124 in the 1/4 correct?

I don't know what the conversion is, but I can tell you that others with my setup with proper setup suspensions hit 130ish, so that's the kind of car you would be racing on the streets when the launch factor is taken out of it.

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
No he's more of a 130 if he doesn't spin I was at 120ish before I let out. Blew the head gasket half track drive it like it's stolen. Your mach should trap 115ish give or take. Isn't slow at all and probably drives a whole lot nicer then my fox lol. Two diff worlds as is a 6 speed supercharged car off track

JMD0346

Established Member
I trapped almost 98mph in the 1.8th and 121 in the 1/4 with my old engine and pulley setup(2.93/4lb). It went 7.20's in the 1/8th.

On the new engine and pulley combo(2.93/6lb.) it should go some 6.90-7.10's.

This is all full weight on DR's. If Id go slicks and skinnies and weight reduction it'll really get nasty. 6.50-6.80's should be doable. I like to run full weight though. As I drive it everyday is how I run it.

Just throwing some Terminator info in the mix. LOL

Last edited:

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
I trapped almost 98mph in the 1.8th and 121 in the 1/4 with my old engine and pulley setup(2.93/4lb). It went 7.20's in the 1/8th.

On the new engine and pulley combo(2.93/6lb.) it should go some 6.90-7.10's.

This is all full weight on DR's. If Id go slicks and skinnies and weight reduction it'll really get nasty. 6.50-6.80's should be doable. I like to run full weight though. As I drive it everyday is how I run it.

Just throwing some Terminator info in the mix. LOL

Nice! That should be around what I can do mine has a 2.7 pulley, not sire what port stage it is but it runs strong. Id like to see what kind of diff bigs andlittles would do

JMD0346

Established Member
Nice! That should be around what I can do mine has a 2.7 pulley, not sire what port stage it is but it runs strong. Id like to see what kind of diff bigs andlittles would do

B&L's are usually worth a few tenths. Sometimes more depending on the car. power, weight, suspension setup etc...

You got to think what all they do for you. Less weight, less friction on the skinnies, optimal traction with the slicks.

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
That's true I've never run or had anything other then welds on my fox I have 15x7 on the front , planning to use m/t et with the 15x10s out back . I wonder if skinnies would be worth it for me

Users who are viewing this thread