Anyone with a Black "L" in MI...

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Originally posted by 01blkL
I would think that may have been me. What did the truck look like?:-?

Cool, I thought it was a new '01, but I don't know too much about the cosmetic changes on the newer L's. I'm mostly into 'stangs :)

Last edited:

Berke

Super Genius
Established Member
What day was this? I bought a new lightning on Oct. 25th. I was driving it around Canton on the 26th in the Morning/Aft., then some bitch rear ended me on I696 and it's been out of commision ever since. I have seen another black '01 Lightning in the area too.

Berke

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Originally posted by Berke
What day was this? I bought a new lightning on Oct. 25th. I was driving it around Canton on the 26th in the Morning/Aft., then some bitch rear ended me on I696 and it's been out of commision ever since. I have seen another black '01 Lightning in the area too.

Berke

-Ouch..sorry to hear about the loss. Man, that would just kill me. This was Thurs afternoon..not sure what time exactly...lol Yeah, I've seen a couple of black L's around town though...is your insurance going to treat you pretty well regarding the loss of the "L?" :shocked:

Berke

Super Genius
Established Member
Yeah, no complaints so far about AAA. I have a $500 collision deductible, but they are waiving it. So I won't be paying a cent. That works out nicely. I'm supposed to be getting it back by this Friday. Can't wait! Hopefully the body shop does great work!

Hows that '01 Cobra? I was so torn between a Lightning & a Cobra. But when it came down to it, I could not find a Cobra anywhere, so I went with a Lightning. There are tons of those left on the lots. My dealership had 5 on the lot.

Berke

Last edited:

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
That's good AAA is treating you well. I've heard so many horror stories about car insurance denials/hassles, etc it makes me sick.
The Cobra is treating me just fine :) No complaints, no pinging/detonation either. I'm glad mine is the real deal. Not a single check engine light (of course, exhaust mods, maybe CAI) will be added later on during/right after winter. Kinda saving up for now...at first I wanted a L, looked at a few over at Demmer's lot and figured I couldn't afford it after all the TTL, etc...plus, I've always had my heart set on a Cobra ever since they came out. Maybe my next SVT vehicle will be an Lightning though, we'll have to wait & see! The Cobra is going into storage as soon as the first snow/road salt hits the streets.. :D

Users who are viewing this thread