Anyone with a 04+ f150?

streetassasin

Welcome to Gaptown, TX
Established Member
I would have went with the 5.4L. the 4.6L isn't really all that great or impressive for towing.

And you said your 20 year's old but your profile says 21, which is it?

Must be nice to have money like that at 20, when I am 19 and could barely make ends meet. with what I have now, and it ain't even a ford for that matter.

Just saying :rollseyes :bored: :smmon:

I turned 21 on the 10th

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Nice looking truck. The 4.6 is underpowered and you may want to look at getting a custom tune to wake it up.

sneakysnake03

SVT
Established Member
there isnt nothing wrong with the 4.6L at least you can change the plugs in it with out having to worry about them breaking off in the head. Sure they are under powered but they are reliable i think you will be happy with it

streetassasin

Welcome to Gaptown, TX
Established Member
I'm getting a dynomax bullet installed today and am thinking about taking the dealer tag and f150 emblem off the bed, white fill ins for the f150 on the fenders and emblem overlays for the grill, white with ford in blue. Ive put 600 miles on it so far and couldn't be happier with it, its just slow lol.

TrueBlueBullitt

Established Member
i like the older f-150s 98-03 my mom just bout one and it is very reliable. when you start getting to the newer trucks in the 5.4 if you dont do a tune up just about every 30 the spart plungs tend to brake off. (you need a special tool to get them out.) i know this because i do work for ford and this is no joke. At our shop they charge like 75 extra for every one they brake.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
pd? postive displacement? for the '04 and up 5.4's whipple has a kit and roush has kits for both the 4.6 and 5.4 3v...

do you have a link or info for the 4.6 positive displacement kits? i have been looking at roush, saleen and elsewhere but they all only seem to be for the 5.4's

thx (and sorry for any thread hijack op)

ModularFan

Established Member
i like the older f-150s 98-03 my mom just bout one and it is very reliable. when you start getting to the newer trucks in the 5.4 if you dont do a tune up just about every 30 the spart plungs tend to brake off. (you need a special tool to get them out.) i know this because i do work for ford and this is no joke. At our shop they charge like 75 extra for every one they brake.

If the tech's break them, they charge the customer for them? sounds like bad business. :nonono:

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
2005 Has a plug problem. No other model from 04 and up does. I have 105k on my 04 4x4 Supercrew with the 5.4 and it still drives like a dream with 33" Terra Grapplers on it.

The 2005 doesn't have any more of a plug problem and any other year 2004-2007 3V. The plugs work fine, but when you go to change them, they usually break and have to be extracted from the head. I posted a thread about my experience in an earlier thread in this F150 forum. It can be frustrating, but using the proper tool, extracting a broken plug is super easy. In 2008, Ford changed the spark plug to a more conventional design and the problem is solved.

Regarding the earlier posts in this thread, the early 2V heads did have a problem blowing out spark plugs while running because the heads only had a couple of threads holding them in place. This is much more serious because the head is damaged after the plug is blown out. The 3V engines do not have a problem with this. If anyone blows a plug on a 3V motor, it is because the plug was not properly installed.

CENcalSC

I have 07 supercrew with less then 30000 miles no problems with it always runs great not to long ago i pulled my buddys 03 lighting to the track with no problem. but go with the 4.6 because the 5.4 is a bit trouble some

ModularFan

Established Member
The 2005 doesn't have any more of a plug problem and any other year 2004-2007 3V. The plugs work fine, but when you go to change them, they usually break and have to be extracted from the head. I posted a thread about my experience in an earlier thread in this F150 forum. It can be frustrating, but using the proper tool, extracting a broken plug is super easy. In 2008, Ford changed the spark plug to a more conventional design and the problem is solved.

Regarding the earlier posts in this thread, the early 2V heads did have a problem blowing out spark plugs while running because the heads only had a couple of threads holding them in place. This is much more serious because the head is damaged after the plug is blown out. The 3V engines do not have a problem with this. If anyone blows a plug on a 3V motor, it is because the plug was not properly installed.

Yup, I know a girl where it happened to her F-250.

Users who are viewing this thread