Anyone with a 04+ f150?

streetassasin

Welcome to Gaptown, TX
Established Member
I just got back from my bank and got approved for 95% of the blue book for a 05+ used car. Im looking for something that can comfortably carry my fiance and son and be able to tow the Camaro to the track. IMO I hate the front end of the 03-06 Silverado's so they are out and dont want to spend over $17k so that rules out the 07+ chevy too. So wat do yall think of the F-150's? BTW Im 20 and my credit score is 681, good or bad?

65fastback2+2

Established Member
love my 07.

i want a new one so i can get cooled seats and heated steering wheel....but funds do not allow

Ohms

Established Member
I have an 07, I love it.. Don't plan on getting rid of it for a loonnggg time. Stay away from 04's being first year models, but 05/06's you should be able to find in that price range.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i bought an 04 stx last summer - my first truck

i love it! very nice vehicle overall

best of luck :thumbsup:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Very nice trucks, i havnt really ever towed with one but..... they dont really seem to have much power...

STR8JAKT

Tis but a Scratch
Established Member
I have an 05 lariat i bought with 15k on it 4 years ago. Rides like a caddy, all options, leather, sunroof, etc. Motor blows, way underpowered and now with 68k on it all the typical squeeks and rattels are bugging me. the hood started to rust a year ago...so :shrug:. Looking to get a new truck this year and i might actually think about a chevy, maybe i'm to picky. I put oem 20's on it,(not in pic) and i think the body style looks great.
dyno005.jpg

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
I had an 06, very nice truck but I agree with what others have said, not near enough power. A big trailer with (4) 4wd ATVs would put the hurtin on it.

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
***See Post Below***

refresh fail....

Last edited:

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
I had an 06, very nice truck but I agree with what others have said, not near enough power. A big trailer with (4) 4wd ATVs would put the hurtin on it.

Pulled a 24' Box Trailer with my 5.4 last year to TN and Back up and down hills through the snow and had no issues.....I mean it's no diesel but handled great and never got hot.

I found exhaust seem to really give the truck a lot more power or so it seemed even though I'm sure it didn't add much....

They don't usually blow them out, they get stuck in the heads and it's a PITA to get em out.

Thats the only prob I fear.....Gonna let the dealer tackle them when the time comes!

Had my 06 S'crew from day 1......I have about 55k on it now. It has a 18' Boat behind it about every weekend between fishing and Duck Hunting year round....pulls great and doesn't do to "awful" on gas (bout 18mpg on highway)

Hope this helps....GL with whatever you decide. I think Dodge makes a good truck too....

Last edited:

Gooch03

Established Member
2005 Has a plug problem. No other model from 04 and up does. I have 105k on my 04 4x4 Supercrew with the 5.4 and it still drives like a dream with 33" Terra Grapplers on it.

Ohms

Established Member
As far as towing goes, I've done a bit of towing with mine and while the trucks don't seem super powerful they still tow very well IMO. I have a Lariat with all the goodies and it rode like a dream until I threw 35's on it. :nonono:
I'm planning on 4.56's here shortly and possibly a whipple if the car buisness picks up!

Users who are viewing this thread