Anyone with 315 NT05Rs on Stock SVTPP wheels + BMR dropped suspension?

SoCalShark

Established Member
Hey guys, I am a low poster here but have had my 2013 GT500 for almost a year. I just put some 315/35-20 NT05r's on the rear SVTPP wheels. Good god what an amazing difference!! Love it! Not sure what took me so damn long but I know that it is the best thing I could've done with my current mods. More goodies just ordered from Van the Man. Now, I do want to do some suspension work. Was thinking about a BMR Stage 1 set up. But I am not sure if I will get any rub. Anyone done this combo? Thanks in advance for any help

paluka21

Established Member
Not as much as I would have liked but roughly 3/4 front and rear. My signature picture is after the spring install.

I think your car has a great stance. Would like to lower mine as well, but it would never clear my driveway as its a fairly steep incline.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I have the same tire with Steeda lowering springs and zero rubbing issues.

Do you road race or autocross? Mine is dropped and after the power mods I just added last weekend I will need better rubber. I'm curious to know what people are using when they do more than go straight.

SoCalShark

Established Member
99 Vert,
Your car looks great! Love that color too. Do you dig your MGW? I just ordered mine last Fri. Should be here in a couple weeks. Dying to see if it helps that 1-2 stuff.

SoCalShark

Established Member
99 Vert,
Your car looks great! Love that color too. Do you dig your MGW? I just ordered mine last Fri. Should be here in a couple weeks. Dying to see if it helps that 1-2 stuff.

99VERT

Established Member
I dont autocross but we do go up into the mountains hear in Georgia! :burnout: I think the next tire will be closer to the original 285 series for the rear. The 315s give a little looser feel in the rear from the taller side wall. I love the MGW shifter but be prepared for a little noise. I immediately noticed the increase in transmission noise during take off. If I could I would like to drop the nose another 1/2" Lethalchem - What mods did you do? I have the 65mmSCBJ T-body,Jlt 123, and 10% lower waiting in the garage to go on!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Wider wheels/tires sound like a better idea than narrow stock tires.
Toyo does make a stock size R888 however.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Wider wheels/tires sound like a better idea than narrow stock tires.
Toyo does make a stock size R888 however.
-J

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I dont autocross but we do go up into the mountains hear in Georgia! :burnout: I think the next tire will be closer to the original 285 series for the rear. The 315s give a little looser feel in the rear from the taller side wall. I love the MGW shifter but be prepared for a little noise. I immediately noticed the increase in transmission noise during take off. If I could I would like to drop the nose another 1/2" Lethalchem - What mods did you do? I have the 65mmSCBJ T-body,Jlt 123, and 10% lower waiting in the garage to go on!

I've had the rear BMR suspension stuff (LCA, UCA, adj pan hard, etc) and FRPP springs. They have worked wonderfully on the track. This weekend I added the 13-5 kit (CAI, Twin 65 TB, Tune) ATI 10% lower, plugs, and a MRT H-pipe. The rear of my car dropped 1.5" with the springs so I'm wanting to choose wisely when it comes to a wider tire on a road course.

DSCF4072_zps6ffc0aef.jpg

SoCalShark

Established Member
What are you running up front?

Ablaze,
Love the car. Color and stance look awesome! I am still running the stock SVTPP fronts with the GY's. will probably go to the regular NTO5 275's in a while. I was mainly focused on the rears because with the mods, I had ZERO traction on the stock GY's and it was really getting annoying. Got more mods coming from Van so wanted to be able to enjoy them a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread