Anyone with 00R Calipers...

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
what brake pads are available?

I'm in desperate need of a quiet pad to work with my Stoptech crossdrilled/slotted rotors.
The pads that came with the caliper are very loud especially at slow braking. City driving is impossible.
what pads do you all use?

thanks
Ana

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I did a quick search and found pads made by Hawk. I imagine other manufacturers make pads as well. You just have to find a more streetable compound. Maybe look at Brembo sport pads too. I had those in a stock caliper and they were quiet.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
I have not been able to find any other then Hawk which I'd rather not use because they were noisy with the stock rotors already and brake performance wasn't great, and the OEM Ford Performance pads that came with the calipers.

I was hoping for Centric Posi-Quiet pads, but they only seem to be available for the Cobras not the R.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The only other one I know about is EBC. You might want to try posting in the Terminator section. There seems to be more traffic there and a few guys are running the Brembos.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member

these are the ones I have now and the noise is unbearable.

I imagine the main cause is the rotors, but since the rears do not make any noise with the StopTech street performance pads I'm figured changing the front pads may be the better solution instead of removing a good set of rotors.

I can't find any StopTech or Centric pad of any kind to fit the Cobra R though, and part numbers I have gotten from different shops all seem to be wrong because when searching they come up as 99-04 Cobra.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Really dumb question..... have you tried lubing the pads? I've had noisy pads before and using a good caliper grease quieted them down.

FWIW, if it's squealing it's usually the pad vibrating against the caliper. The rotors don't usually cause the noise. At least in my experience.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Dave.O

Established Member
try carbotech, ctbrakes.com, good customer service

they have a whole range of brakes for 00R, street to race

Use XP10 in my 00R kit with XP8's in the back, standard vented rotors. track/street set, very good stopping for a mixed use set up. generates some dust with light squeaking occasionally. I you track these you will need brake ducts

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes it looks like Brembo or Hawks are the only thing available, Hawk has best selection but for the most quiet I would go with Hawks HPS

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Hawk-Brake-Pads-2000-Mustang-Cobra-R-front-P619.aspxquiet

thanks, Hawk HPS I never liked, I always used the HP+ until those wouldn't hold up to high speed braking. This is why I swapped to the StopTech rotors.

Really dumb question..... have you tried lubing the pads? I've had noisy pads before and using a good caliper grease quieted them down.

FWIW, if it's squealing it's usually the pad vibrating against the caliper. The rotors don't usually cause the noise. At least in my experience.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

not a dumb question at all, but unfortunately yes we did. It always helped with my squeaking Audi brake on my daily but this car doesn't care and keeps being noisy

try carbotech, ctbrakes.com, good customer service

they have a whole range of brakes for 00R, street to race

Use XP10 in my 00R kit with XP8's in the back, standard vented rotors. track/street set, very good stopping for a mixed use set up. generates some dust with light squeaking occasionally. I you track these you will need brake ducts

thanks for the recommendation, I will definitely look into these.

Users who are viewing this thread