Anyone want to race a H/C C5 ZO6?

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I will, but you have to put me up for 10 days, feed me, show me the sights. Might as well get my vacation in while I'm drag racing you down some California Hwy.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I had a similar setup and needed a 100 shot to beat a whipped cobra. I figured that would be the happy medium for him without a bottle

DSS

Established Member
if the c5z willing to travel to San Jose on weeknights mid night, a simple modded foxbody around that range would prolly be down to play from a roll

Last edited:

BayareaSS

Established Member
I told rob and ajmir I'd probably run him when I get back from this work trip if I can make time. Even though I make a lot less power It should be a decent race for my Camaro

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Lol, ported/pulled cobra will not be close to a C5 Z06 making 473whp.

I have a good friend with an '02 Z06 making 470rwhp. I have a ported/pullied Cobra. He has yet to beat me down the track on a clean run. His best is a 10.94. Mine is a 10.76. His traps 126 regularly and mine traps 130-131 regularly. When he gets the holeshot I will pass him in 4th. Maybe you should say that a properly setup and driven ported/pullied setup is a close race, instead of what you did :beer:

Last edited:

BayareaSS

Established Member
I have a good friend with an '02 Z06 making 470rwhp. I have a ported/pullied Cobra. He has yet to beat me down the track. His best is a 10.94. Mine is a 10.76. His traps 126 regularly and mine traps 130-131 regularly. When he gets the holeshot I will pass him in 4th. Maybe you should say that a properly setup and driven ported/pullied setup is a close race, instead of what you did :beer:

Well your buddies car isn't really properly setup because Ive been faster then him in my h/c/I ls1 camaro

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Well your buddies car isn't really properly setup because Ive been faster then him in my h/c/I ls1 camaro

It would love a 3.90 gear for sure. its stock weight and on 18" hoosier dr's cutting 1.59s. cam exhaust ls3. untouched ls3 heads. car would pick up a decent amount with a gear. car runs well for the setup.
By faster, do you mean trap? since that is what "faster" refers to.

Zemedici

Established Member
lol at so many things in this thread

lol at 'ported/pullied' cobra being able to keep up with a 465whp vette - no.

lol at 'ported/pullied cobra beat 470whp z06' - buy that guy some driving lessons or a better tune.

Users who are viewing this thread